Missing EMS Package to the UK

Simon1980

Hi,

I recently spent a long time backpacking around SE Asia, specifically Thailand. I sent a package using EMS Surface in March 2013 from Bangkok to the UK. I came home at the end of February 2014 to find that the parcel hadn't actually arrived. I had assumed a confirmation from home regarding the arrival of a package was for this one - but was for in fact for another package that was sent earlier in the year.

So I checked my tracking number on the thaipost website and it showed up. I saw that it did in fact arrive in the UK in May 2013, and an attempted delivery was made. However apparently the 'addressee wasn't home', so a card was left (it said). The package then spent 3 weeks at a local post office here in the UK, and with no one going to pick it up, the package was sent back to Thailand as 'unclaimed'.

This was frustrating as there was no card left at my home. Obviously my family would have gone to pick it up. I have brought this up with Parcel Force UK and they have apologised for this issue. But this really doesn't help me.

I emailed thai post regarding this, and 2 days after emailing them, my tracking number now showed up as 'invalid'. Something told me this might happen, so I had already took a screenshot of the tracking details. I have sent this all to them, but they just refuse to investigate it any further, with the generic apology to every email I send no matter what I say.

The instructions on the package were - in case of no delivery - to deliver it to an alternate address in the UK. This didn't happen. I also put the senders address as the same as the destination address (as this is true). The end of the tracking details (after arriving back in Thailand after been sent back as unclaimed) look like this:

August 8 2013 RATCHADAMNEON Dispatch
12:40:33

August 8 2013 RATCHADAMNEON Delivery Status Overdue

06:00-08:59

August 9 2013 BANGKOK MAIL CENTRE Accept
10:16:33

August 9 2013 BANGKOK MAIL CENTRE Container Received

10:54:52

August 9 2013 BANGKOK MAIL CENTRE Accept
14:15:08

September 1 2013
10:01:57, BANGKOK MAIL CENTRE Items into Container

September 1 BANGKOK MAIL CENTRE Dispatch

10:09:59

So I was just wondering if anyone could help or advise in any way. Is there a place where packages are sent to, perhaps an unclaimed warehouse? It has left Bangkok Mail Centre and is somewhere. From September 1 to the last time the tracking number worked (Feb 27), there was no more entries. Has anyone any idea what might have happened? The package was very big and weighed 7.31kg, tracking number CP034843297TH.

Any help appreciated,

Simon

Edited by Simon1980

It doesnt matter you putting the senders address the same as delivery address as clearly the parcel originated from another country and postal service and would just complicate matters.

They have to return the parcel to the originating postal service under international postal regulations.

You kind of shot yourself in the foot with that one. The chances of tracking it down now are pretty slim because its been so long, and the fact you are not even in Thailand will make communication extremely difficult, its bad enough when your here and speak Thai.

Think you can pretty much forget it !

yes there is somewhere where all these packages go, the mailmens houses. The package I sent to Australia last august was finally traced to the Suvarnabhumi Airport and never went any further, thai post are claiming it dissapeared, must have been those pesky ghosts again.

Edited by seajae

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

After arriving back in Thailand it seems it went back to the original post office at Ratchadamnoen. It then went out for delivery with a Status of 'Others'. The delivery status then changed to 'Overdue'.

There are a total of 27 entries on the tracking, it seemed to be tracked pretty well up until the final disappearance. Do you know what 'Others', and then 'Overdue' mean?

I put my own address as the senders address because there was an option as to how you wanted it sent in case of failure (air/surface), so I assumed they would return it to sender even if it was overseas.

Simon

yes there is somewhere where all these packages go, the mailmens houses. The package I sent to Australia last august was finally traced to the Suvarnabhumi Airport and never went any further, thai post are claiming it dissapeared, must have been those pesky ghosts again.

If you actually read the OP's post you'll see that the package did arrive in the UK.

Hi,

Thanks for the replies.

After arriving back in Thailand it seems it went back to the original post office at Ratchadamnoen. It then went out for delivery with a Status of 'Others'. The delivery status then changed to 'Overdue'.

There are a total of 27 entries on the tracking, it seemed to be tracked pretty well up until the final disappearance. Do you know what 'Others', and then 'Overdue' mean?

I put my own address as the senders address because there was an option as to how you wanted it sent in case of failure (air/surface), so I assumed they would return it to sender even if it was overseas.

Simon

Why would they send it back overseas when it had just arrived back in Thailand because of a failed overseas delivery?