Over 1 million tonnes of rice to be auctioned off in March

Lite Beer

I don't understand this part of the process.

It belongs to the govt. They have paid for it, they have paid for it to be milled. Auction what to whom?

If they have paid for it to be milled, presumably they know how much they have. Or at least, how much they should have.

What better Idea.... "Contact Makers of Saki..." As this would be perfect venue to enable the Manufacturers a quality rice for distilling and the production of this Liquor.

Think about it, even if some is now at a lesser quality, Distillation would induce Fermentation to wipe-out any foreign Bacteria....

If you think that it such a clever idea (and I have no reason to doubt it) why don't you start a distillery up and make some dosh??

It belongs to the govt. They have paid for it, they have paid for it to be milled. Auction what to whom?

If they have paid for it to be milled, presumably they know how much they have. Or at least, how much they should have.

They do!!! but they don't like the size of the numbers as it is embarrassing and so are keeping mum on it.

• Like 1

So much for Yinglucks "transparency" in government promise, and the rest of her worthless promises. But she isn't clinging to power, because "her family don't want power, only peace". Perhaps it will be serene in the banana republic of Issan Lana.

• Like 1

What better Idea.... "Contact Makers of Saki..." As this would be perfect venue to enable the Manufacturers a quality rice for distilling and the production of this Liquor.

Think about it, even if some is now at a lesser quality, Distillation would induce Fermentation to wipe-out any foreign Bacteria....

If you think that it such a clever idea (and I have no reason to doubt it) why don't you start a distillery up and make some dosh??

I can think of Several reason "Why I don't or Can't"...

1. I am not Thai .... So who would I work for to get work Permit issued??

2. Liquor is Controled by the Government .... So what better way to get deported ....Doing something illegal . Even though it not related .... We see where that got our Good Friend from India .....

3. Doing something even if I could open doors, and completely do it Honestly and Legal .... I am sure I would be interpted to be causing someone to "Loose Face!"

4. I am beginning to realize that "Loosing Face" Is of higher importance then "Feeding our Farmers"

I just can't believe that someone in the Political Process here has not thought of this.... Why? Because they could:

1. Buy Cheap

2. Sell product at a price to still create a higher "Proffit/Loss Share" Undercutting other Producers .... "Worldwide!"

3. Completely capture the Market. Possibly forcing competitors into forclosure or Bankruptcy..... The amount of rice Stockpiled would keep them in a forever Price Battle which would completely guarantee they not loose.

Do I need to continue?

What I was hinting at was, get Foreign Government to Back farmers, fronting their costs, and Buying next years Complete Crop.... Then let the Thai Elite try to get answers from whoever on why their costs have skyrocketed on Rice products. I am sure your "Home Grown Farmers" Won't mind at all! They will have been paid for their Crop's and now with money in the Bank and their Pockets, they can start to Build on the foundation of their Status ... Gain More Respect!!!

Edited by davidstipek

2. Liquor is Controled by the Government .... So what better way to get deported ....Doing something illegal . Even though it not related .... We see where that got our Good Friend from India .....

3. Doing something even if I could open doors, and completely do it Honestly and Legal .... I am sure I would be interpted to be causing someone to "Loose Face!"

4. I am beginning to realize that "Loosing Face" Is of higher importance then "Feeding our Farmers"

I just can't believe that someone in the Political Process here has not thought of this.... Why? Because they could:

1. Buy Cheap

2. Sell product at a price to still create a higher "Proffit/Loss Share" Undercutting other Producers .... "Worldwide!"

3. Completely capture the Market. Possibly forcing competitors into forclosure or Bankruptcy..... The amount of rice Stockpiled would keep them in a forever Price Battle which would completely guarantee they not loose.

Do I need to continue?

Unless you have retired, I would stick to the day job then and simply dream about what 'could have been'.!!

1. Buy Cheap

Do I need to continue?

Unless you have retired, I would stick to the day job then and simply dream about what 'could have been'.!!

I am retired... Live here in Thailnd....

(Family has Large share in Stocks from Major Breweries. Father was, Grandfather was... Master Brewers..... )

I am sticking to my Day Job.... Also speak the truth! Not try to Liquify Ideas as some do....

I've book marked this thread so I can come back at the end of March to see if this is just another empty PTP lie.

There's so many PTP lies, I like to use bookmarks as a means of keeping track.

• Like 1

I don't understand how they put it to auction. Its their product. What price is there to negotiate.

The international rice producer's association or whatever they are called (an international body, not a Thai body) stated the other day that in 2014 Thailand could expect to sell (I am certain figures were) from 6.2 to 6.7 million tons. Gosh they will have that done by June.

In response to Thai at Hearts post.....".It belongs to the govt. They have paid for it," Um! That's the problem. they haven't paid for (much of) it.

Does anyone remember the highest-lowest guestimates for the current Rice stockpile in millions of tons

The international rice producer's association or whatever they are called (an international body, not a Thai body) stated the other day that in 2014 Thailand could expect to sell (I am certain figures were) from 6.2 to 6.7 million tons. Gosh they will have that done by June.

In response to Thai at Hearts post.....".It belongs to the govt. They have paid for it," Um! That's the problem. they haven't paid for (much of) it.

Does anyone remember the highest-lowest guestimates for the current Rice stockpile in millions of tons

So again, I ask.

What is being auctioned and to whom?

This is where the Dems should have just held back from trying to oust the government and instead should have pushed for answers on the Rice Scheme. They would have got support from all over Thailand and could have exposed the massive scam and enlightened the people of Isaan about who PTP Thaksin really are.

This is where the Dems should have just held back from trying to oust the government and instead should have pushed for answers on the Rice Scheme. They would have got support from all over Thailand and could have exposed the massive scam and enlightened the people of Isaan about who PTP Thaksin really are.

Hadn't the democrats been pushing for answers for the past 2 yearsm but the only answer they got from Yingluck was, me not know nothing.

And maybe she didn't even lie for one time.

Can some please explain in detail how this 'so called ' rice scam works. And better still name those who are directly involved in the scam. I am sick of reading inuendo's about rice scams. Please no "willy nilly" mention of Yingluck unless you have real ,evidence and not just blasaye hearsay.

This rice they are auctioning off must be old, rotten and teeming with WEEVILS! Those small disgusting worms that multiply by the billions... billions of eggs and larvae... hatching and making the rice bags move on their own.... so, we are going to auction this off?!

I'm going out right now and buying some rice so that I can have properly stored non infested rice to eat safely for the next four months!

Aren't new crop out and the government can no longer buy them? If that is so, why would anyone want to buy Govt. rice vs. rice from the fresh crop? I don't even think Chinese would be that dumb. And for the Chinese or anyone to take a risk at a bad batch of stock, I think the govt. is almost of excuses soon. And most of TV poster are correct about actually selling the rice, even at 1 Million tons. It's going to be hard without screwing the world market. The entire world knows Thai govt. is desperate to sell their rice. I will bet they will not hit their fantasy target. Maybe 1/3 of it. The only way out of this is to release a plaque of some sort on all the rice field of the world. I wonder if TS is working on that?

Yes, I thought the same too, but it's more devious than that. If the protester did not come out, 2.2 Trillion along with 360 Billion Baht projects would have passed, as it actually did. And then the govt. would be using money from that budget to pay the farmers. Then they would have gotten a chance to hide their crime, until several years later, when they get all the accounting in order, if they ever. So skimming of 5% of the fund would have cover up the problem. And you must remember, the 2.2 Trillion budget also included off budget use of funds, that is why it raised a lot of suspicion.

Thaksin mode of operation is to exploit those who need the most help so that he can his cronies can steal from them.

• Like 1

This rice they are auctioning off must be old, rotten and teeming with WEEVILS! Those small disgusting worms that multiply by the billions... billions of eggs and larvae... hatching and making the rice bags move on their own.... so, we are going to auction this off?!

I'm going out right now and buying some rice so that I can have properly stored non infested rice to eat safely for the next four months!

I keep finding tiny insects in the rice I am buying here in Bangkok. Even though taking the time to examine the plastic bags and checking in the small clear area of the packaging before purchase. I store the rice as soon as I get home from the supermarket in air tight sealed plastic containers so I am sure they are not getting in at home.

I am not sure how to make sure the rice is not tainted. Not even the same brands so what to do?

Back during the "Cambodia Border Emergency" the rice traders were selling rice to the aid organizations and embassies who were providing assistance on the border .... then arranging with fellow thieves for that rice to be returned to them .. only to be resold over and over again. The culprits were finally caught by injecting dye into the sacks of rice so the buyers could see that they had already purchased it (multiple times?) before.

My point is .. what's to keep someone from buying rice at this auction and then simply selling it back to the Govt under the rice buying scheme? As if they haven't already been doing this .. same same their buying rice in Laos & Cambodia border and selling it to the Govt, pretending it was produced in Thailand.

I keep finding tiny insects in the rice I am buying here in Bangkok. Even though taking the time to examine the plastic bags and checking in the small clear area of the packaging before purchase. I store the rice as soon as I get home from the supermarket in air tight sealed plastic containers so I am sure they are not getting in at home.

I am not sure how to make sure the rice is not tainted. Not even the same brands so what to do?

Those little things get everywhere - even into what I thought were well sealed jars of dried herbs....

The Thais ignore them unless they are abundant. Just an invisible source of protein.

If they bug (hehe) you that much, soak your rice in water for a few minutes and scoop the gremlins from the surface.

I am a little confused with your statement that the government has paid for the rice.

If this is true why have the farmers been protesting that THEY have not been paid and why are they owed 130Bn Baht?

It only belongs to the people and NOT the government who have no money anyway WHEN the farmers are paid for it. Until that point it still theorectically belongs to the farmers.

An IOU is not real money, just a promise that the government will pay the farmers and we all know what a promise from THIS government is worth in real terms or in this case, real money.

Back during the "Cambodia Border Emergency" the rice traders were selling rice to the aid organizations and embassies who were providing assistance on the border .... then arranging with fellow thieves for that rice to be returned to them .. only to be resold over and over again. The culprits were finally caught by injecting dye into the sacks of rice so the buyers could see that they had already purchased it (multiple times?) before.

My point is .. what's to keep someone from buying rice at this auction and then simply selling it back to the Govt under the rice buying scheme? As if they haven't already been doing this .. same same their buying rice in Laos & Cambodia border and selling it to the Govt, pretending it was produced in Thailand.

The government is no longer buying rice. Rice scam died Feb 24(?).