Multiple o visa and reporting

Hi the question is

I am sort of semi retired I have worked in or been based in Thailand for 14 years always with multiple B work permit in order.The last year or 15 months of semi retirement has been on NON o Multiple

This is now up for renewal and by the sounds of things new multiple non o are hard to come by

So if I apply for retirement visa (I am 54 and bank funds are adequate if its 800k) how does this dark art of reporting fit in with business trips that can be of short notice and usually about every 2 months I understand I can buy a multiple reentry permit, if so will I still have to do the 90 day reporting as I certainly will leave the country within every 90 day period

All very confusing.... the multiple non suited me perfectly!

cheers!

You only have to report if you are in the country for 90 dyas continuously. The clock is reset when you make a new entry. Just make sure that you get a multiple re-enrty permit, 3800 baht, and you put the permit number in the "visa Number" section on your entry card and check that the stamps are correct before leaving immigration. If you are in country for 90 days, most offices will accept reports by mail, TM47 form plus copies.

The 90 day reports are only needed if you stay in the country 90 or more consecutive days. When you leave your next report would be due 90 days from the day you enter the country.

It is 800k baht in Thai bank for 60 days when doing first extension and 90 days after that.