Chinese Martyrs' Brigade group claims responsibility for flight MH370: Missing MAS

webfact

MISSING MAS
Unheard-of Chinese group claims responsibility - reports

A group that calls itself the Chinese Martyrs' Brigade has claimed responsibility for crashing Malaysia Airlines flight MH370, which has remained missing after losing contact with ground control at 1:20am on Saturday.

The previously unheard-of group sent a PDF statement to various journalists in China on March 9, saying, "You kill one of our clan, we will kill 100 of you as pay back."

The majority of Chinese media outlets have expressed skepticism over the statement or dismissed it outright, suggesting it is likely a hoax made up by opportunists looking to inflame ethnic tensions following a series of attacks by separatists in northwest China’s Xinjiang Uyghur autonomous region and a mass stabbing in the Yunnan capital of Kunming this month that left at least 33 people dead.

Analysts say the credibility of the statement is dubious as the group claiming responsibility for flight MH370 did not divulge any details as to how it crashed the plane. The PDF statement was also sent via the encrypted Hushmail anonymous remailer service which cannot be replied to or easily traced.

Chinese authorities have not responded to the statement or its claims.

The Boeing 777-200 commercial jet, carrying 239 people including 153 Chinese citizens and a Taiwanese national, was scheduled to travel from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing. Malaysia Airlines said it was not ruling out any possibilities, including terrorism, after it was discovered that two of the passengers aboard the flight were carrying stolen passports.

Malaysia’s home minister Ahmad Zahid Hamidi has confirmed following review of closed-circuit television footage that the two passengers are of Asian appearance, which raises questions over the adequacy of customs security given that the passports were stolen from an Italian and an Austrian national.

A spokesperson for Malaysia Air, however, said that all the photographs had matched the passports of the passengers.

Records show that the two passengers had booked their flights together with China Southern, which was codesharing MH370 with Malyasia Air. It was the first time the passports had been used since they were stolen in Thailand in 2012 and 2013, respectively.

Two other suspect identities are also being checked as Malaysian authorities continue to work with international agencies including the FBI. One of them is a Chinese passenger surnamed Zhao whose passport number is identical to that of a 37-year-old Fuzhou man surnamed Yu.

Yu told authorities that the passport has never been used and remains in his safe at home after he applied for it in 2007. Fuzhou police said they suspect the passport number on the manifest may have been printed in error.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-10

First RIP and condolencess to the victims relatives.

Another corollary will no doubt be a new round of delay security and general unpleasantness for travelling public.

Makes all those remove belt and shoes seem ridiculous if they don't check the IDs properly.

As anyone who has worked in aviation knows getting airside is not rocket science and hordes of baggage handlers,cleaners etc.As shown on utube most of materials removed from passengers like my MArmite sold to me at Bristool Airport! can be replicated by materials airside

NSA have hushmail in their pocket ,wouldnt take 10 minutes to trace this back to whoever sent it

Unless they accessed hushmail via Tor. No chance then.

Sent from my Lenovo A369i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Can just be some lunatics pretended to be responsible, there are crazy people every where .... the investigation will tell .

I read that it happens often.....that you have several idiots who claim responsibility......just some idiots who want their 5 min of fame...

NSA have hushmail in their pocket ,wouldnt take 10 minutes to trace this back to whoever sent it

Unless they accessed hushmail via Tor. No chance then.

Sent from my Lenovo A369i using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

tor is busted ,believe it or not

silkroad operators used only tor and they busted them

silkroad 2 went down shortly after with arrests in the usa ,ireland and germany IIRC

i dont have any faith in tor anymore ,i think they have cracked the onion as it is tech from the 80's

Disgusting, unscrupulous persons, playing with peoples grief.

i would just give them the same punishment as the real culprits if they want to pretend they did it they can pretend

for life in jail alongside the real culprits if found

if it happened in china where they dont tolerate bullshit ,they will be executed

Edited by speedtripler
  • Like 2

Until this plane is found, every tom dick and abdhulla will claim responsibility. What a sad sad world we live in.

Interestingly enough, none of the major players have laid claim.

Strange to be questioning the ethnic appearance of said passengers, and the awareness of border control, since there are many Europeans, natively born, with ethnic Asian ancestry, so not really such an abnormal thing.

• Like 1

Strange to be questioning the ethnic appearance of said passengers, and the awareness of border control, since there are many Europeans, natively born, with ethnic Asian ancestry, so not really such an abnormal thing.

theres also adoption which would explain why two asians may have "farang names "

im sure immigration sees hundred of small indescreptancies every day but usually they have 20-40min

to check everyone or the flight will be delayad so an asian looking person with a farang style name might be

suspicious to us it probably takes a cluster of these things combined to attract attention

else ,every flight to everywhere would de delayed .........

Ethnic Asians travelling on passports under the names of Luigi Maraldi and Christian Kozel is normal?

Edited by simple1
  • Like 1

Ethnic Asians travelling on passports under the names of Luigi Maraldi and Christian Kozel is normal?

people do adopt babies sometimes ,2 gay australian dudes recently brought home a thai surrogate baby that probably looks asian

and it will have western names

imagine if angelina jolie and brad pitt were refused on a plane cause some of their babies looked african although

they had farang names ?

• Like 2

'A spokesperson for Malaysia Air, however, said that all the photographs had matched the passports of the passengers.' Well, no matter how stupid a thief, receiver or end user might be, it defies logic that they would try and get through any immigration checkpoint with photos that didn't match their images.

• Like 1

First it was 2 stolen passports. Then it was "4 suspicious" passports. Then it was (oops, ssshhhhhh, nudge, nudge) - "Oh right, my mistake, only 2 stolen/suspicious passports" again. Now it's back to 3 ? Something tells me there were at least 2 people on that plane that somebody didn't want anyone else to know about.

(Apparently not all spies enter target countries using hi-tech surfboards, parachutes or gliders !)

Not that any other country in the world would operate like Mossad does or anything. Kinda sucks if the "other" side finds out you were trying to sneak people into their backyard using faked passports belonging to citizens who are still alive. (Or, on the other hand, when one side realizes that a couple of your people had been snooping around in their backyard.)

Meanwhile, the group claiming responsibility ? Not likely. Probably some <deleted> somewhere doing the same that that <deleted> in Afghanistan does every time something happens (he gets on his apparently "untraceable" satellite phone and claims responsibility on behalf of the Taliban, and usually uses information and casualty numbers that come straight from a drug-addled fantasy). Almost as funny as the (former) Iraqi Information Minister (the guy who claimed there were no Americans in Baghdad even as they were rolling tanks through the center of the city).

Sad really, and you can imagine what will happen to him/them if the Chinese find them. The "Chinese Martyrs' Brigade" will have a very short, violent end to their history.

As far as the photos on the passports are concerned. Many years ago when I was a young, spry army guy, I was part of a team that was being used to test the defenses at a NATO member airbase during an evaluation.

We were basically emulating a small team of Spetsnaz that had been parachuted into the base in advance of a Soviet attack on the west. One part of the exercise required myself and another guy to try and take over access to the Base Operations Center (BOC). (Yeah, just the two of us). The Staff Inspector gave us hastily prepared ID cards that had different names on them, but his picture was on each card as well as his own ID.

All 3 of us at the same time entered the secure access-way to the BOC (hallway with doors on both ends that had to be buzzed open by the guy sitting behind the bullet-proof glass checking IDs). He looked at each ID card, looked at each person, then buzzed us through ! The poorly made ID cards with the exact same pic on each one and he never even questioned it !

Imagine the people who have to look at possibly thousands of passport pics every day for weeks/months/years. Not to mention, just like driver's licenses, hardly anyone really looks like their passport pictures, especially if the pics/passport are a few years old. (At one point one year, my military ID, civilian driver's license and passport all had very different looking pictures on them. One was me with no hair and mustache. Another was short hair, glasses and no mustache. The 3rd was middle length hair and mustache - no glasses. Might have had a hard time explaining that if someone had noticed during a security check.)

(Note: after being buzzed through to the inner yard, I walked around to the side door entrance to the "secure room", opened the unlocked door, put "2 into his chest" and took over his position. I did a much better job checking IDs than he did for sure ! Only difference was, after I buzzed people through, my buddy (hiding outside) or I would step out, pop them and put them with the other "dead" airmen. We held that place for so long, the evaluators finally gave up and ended it by saying the "good guys" had blown us up with rocket launchers. Pussies.)

people do adopt babies sometimes ,2 gay australian dudes recently brought home a thai surrogate baby that probably looks asian

imagine if angelina jolie and brad pitt were refused on a plane cause some of their babies looked african although

they had farang names ?

Seems the info was incorrect, Malaysian authorities have just confirmed, during a live news conference, at least one of the stolen passport holders did not have Asian facial features. No mention of the claim in this topic

Edited by simple1

'A spokesperson for Malaysia Air, however, said that all the photographs had matched the passports of the passengers.' Well, no matter how stupid a thief, receiver or end user might be, it defies logic that they would try and get through any immigration checkpoint with photos that didn't match their images.

Just checked my 2007 issued US Passport (obviously issued after 9/11 so maybe some changes in procedures) and my photo seems to be impossible to remove and replace since it has some "stars" and "USA" printed on the top of my passport photo. Don't know if other national passports are the same (or in Thai "similar") but if were for Italy and Austria, it would prevent any photo replacement.

Another comment is that although any airplane disappearance, crash, terrorism incident is tragic, with the resultant loss of lives, these are normal risks that everyone takes. I have taken 1000s of flights around the world over 30 years, with a couple of near misses, due to plane failures, air travel is still the safest method of travel.

The security (or some lack thereof) in airports in SEA (other than Singapore) has been greatly appreciated by myself, in spite of the risks, since one of the reasons I decided to leave the US and move to Thailand is the comfortableness of not having to take off my shoes, belt and almost being stripped-searched going through airport security. Also, having to arrive at the airport 2 hours in advance for security check is a pain, and so taking alternative modes of transport, if available, is preferred. I feel there should be a balance, instead of the extremes of searching a grandmother of 86 for the potential of having a bomb in her purse.

Anyone remember when there was absolutely NO security at airports in the US or elsewhere during the 1970s? Wonderful time to be alive. Realize some will say “times have changed and we require such high levels of security". However, with my brother having been a terrorism expert, especially in airborne hijacking, there were still no changes in security at airports in the US and Europe, until 9/11. Then all of a sudden, we have this overwhelming paranoid reaction towards something, although it is terrible, there have been minimal incidences of terrorism in the air. One can say, due to the robust security, but why have countries without such robust security not have more than a very few terrorism experiences?

Lots of South Korean babies were adopted by Western couples in Europe and North America, as Koreans used to refuse to ''raise another man's child". (No idea whether this is still the case, but it very probably is). I met a number of kyopos in Korea with Anglo / Germanic / French first and family names.

Edited by Rumpole

Chinese are good at making spaghetti, dumplings and firecrackers, not sophisticated destructive devices. Hell, they can barely get off the ground!

I hope that was a tongue in cheek comment, the Chinese Invented the explosives, they also have a Space Program and a device doesn't have to be that sohpisticated to bring down an airliner..

Richard Reed the shoe bomber well documented enough, another attempt using a device built into trousers..