Best Burgers In Thailand

bkkjosh

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My vote: Iron Fairies, Soi Thonglor near Soi 12. Five varieties, huge, fire-grilled 100% Australian tenderloin beef on buns fresh-baked for the establishment.

Sounds like Chiang Mai Saloon used to be before they changed meat suppliers. Is it better than those? 

A lot better IMO, and I used to love the Saloon burgers. Iron Fairies uses fresh-ground Oz rib-eye, nothing frozen. Fresh buns daily. Char-grilled.

;)

Sounds like it is worth dressing up like a fairy. I just hope that no one on my bowling team sees me.  :huh:

My vote: Iron Fairies, Soi Thonglor near Soi 12. Five varieties, huge, fire-grilled 100% Australian tenderloin beef on buns fresh-baked for the establishment.

Interesting place looking at their website. One thing I noticed is that they have a dress code which would preclude many members from entering. :D

What the web address please Tywais

Interesting place looking at their website. One thing I noticed is that they have a dress code which would preclude many members from entering. :D

What the web address please Tywais

http://www.theironfairies.com/

Just a correction about the name of that New Burger Place I saw the classified ad for.

It is called Burger USA. Although the address in the ad said Suk 31, I don't know if that is the location of the restaurant. 

While Iron Fairies is a decent burger, and pretty huge..

it still doesn't beat the burger at Hyde & Seek, in my opinion they have the best burger... it is at least worth trying

Hyde & Seek, now that's a place you really have to dress for. Burgers also very good there - for me it's a toss-up between those two, both equally good and equally expensive except that Hyde & Seek doesn't offer the same variety - just one as I recall?

A Poster mentioned a Texan that had a BBQ place on Pattaya Thai, The name of the place is Bob's BBQ and Grill . He also advertise the biggest burger in Thailand, I went there because he sold a pinto bean soup, that I always enjoyed.

One day I decided to try his biggest burger in Pattaya, when it arrived you know that it was the biggest burger, it fully covered the large plate, it came with all the trimmings and a side of french fries. The Burger was in its self very good, great taste and tender. I could not eat the complete burger but made sure to eat all the beef. I must say it was the biggest burger I have ever seen and a very tasty plate, can not say it was the best burger I had. But it was Very good.

That was over 5 years ago, the quality of Bob's food varied according to his cooking staff, at times great other times so-so.

The buns are custom made for Bob daily, All I can say it was the best burger I have eaten in Thailand.

I have not been back to his place in the last 5 years.

Cheers:laugh.gif

While Iron Fairies is a decent burger, and pretty huge..

it still doesn't beat the burger at Hyde & Seek, in my opinion they have the best burger... it is at least worth trying

Hyde & Seek, now that's a place you really have to dress for. Burgers also very good there - for me it's a toss-up between those two, both equally good and equally expensive except that Hyde & Seek doesn't offer the same variety - just one as I recall?

Yeah they only have one... but it's my fav!! If you are with people especially for burgers and not all of them eat beef then Iron Fairies would work well, but it is sucha tight space... hard to know if they will let anymore people in at what time etc, but def. should check out if you get the chance.

When I went to both places I just wore my normal clothes, my boyfriend wore a t-shirt, sneakers and jeans, I think that you can basically wear whatever you want as long as long as you don't look like a slob so for guys, (no tank tops, flip flops, and pref. no shorts...)

My bet is he really liked their burgers :P

Just adding to the great collective body of burger lore known as ThaiVisa ;)

OK, I'm sold. Next time I'm near Thong Lor and craving a Burger I'll check it out.

After 8 pm :)

I might have to make an effort to try that too, especially since I don't live that far away.

My bet is he really liked their burgers :P

Just adding to the great collective body of burger lore known as ThaiVisa ;)

OK, I'm sold. Next time I'm near Thong Lor and craving a Burger I'll check it out.

After 8 pm :)

I might have to make an effort to try that too, especially since I don't live that far away.

It opens at 6pm, not 8pm.

Que Pasa and the BBQ Sandwich King on Soi Islam just near the  International School Bangkok have good burgers. The other place I can think is Mike's in Chiang Mai.

Mikes in Chiang Mai? :bah:

Maybe he ate there when Mike owned it. It has gone through a number of different owners ever since.

Que Pasa and the BBQ Sandwich King on Soi Islam just near the International School Bangkok have good burgers. The other place I can think is Mike's in Chiang Mai.

Mikes in Chiang Mai? :bah:

Maybe he ate there when Mike owned it. It has gone through a number of different owners ever since.

When the original owner had it it was fantastic. Since then down down and down hill it has gone. Every thing that's is sold has the same oil/grease taste.:bah:

• 3 weeks later...

37637_453043530201_583875201_6589638_2133576_n.jpg

Yankee Burger @ Hyde & Seek

Looks more like a giant meatball in a bun. Maybe I'm being a tad European but I prefer to eat food I can fit in my mouth. ;)

Agreed. Having to eat a burger with a pitch fork and saw is just now how it should be. That being said, i would like to try to get my big yap around that in the photo.

Looks more like a giant meatball in a bun. Maybe I'm being a tad European but I prefer to eat food I can fit in my mouth. ;)

I take it its aimed at the American segment of the market then smokie, demographics at work.

Some of the porkers wandering round lower Suk would have no problem fitting it in.

BTW it looks digusting, notice it comes with a free pack ot toothpicks.

I take it its aimed at the American segment of the market then smokie, demographics at work.

Some of the porkers wandering round lower Suk would have no problem fitting it in.

BTW it looks digusting, notice it comes with a free pack ot toothpicks.

John Chandler is very tall - perhaps this hides his belly?  :lol:

lol those are pieces of the lettuce ..not toothpicks but it is a huge burger...kind of hard to eat but it's very yummy :D

anyways, just wanted to post a pic, maybe it is more aimed towards Americans... err because I'm American.. either way they have a lot of good food on their menu, not just burgers..... and good drinks too.. =)

• 4 weeks later...

In the recent months ive tried most the burgers recommended on here the best imho is the 70bht cheeseburger at the stall outside Nana, its good but not out of this world

Followed to my surprise by a bacon cheeseburger with bbq sauce at burger king.

Lots of the more expensive burgers at the fancy bars/restaurants were of dry beef with a strange taste to it (Thai beef maybe?)

My preference for a burger are the tender to slighty greasy ones that you get in America, though Wendys knocks out a better burger then any ive had here.

In the recent months ive tried most the burgers recommended on here the best imho is the 70bht cheeseburger at the stall outside Nana, its good but not out of this world

Lots of the more expensive burgers at the fancy bars/restaurants were of dry beef with a strange taste to it (Thai beef maybe?)

My preference for a burger are the tender to slighty greasy ones that you get in America, though Wendys knocks out a better burger then any ive had here.

Was that the stall on the ground floor of NEP they just took down? Any no contest its The Dukes for a Hamburger.

Was that the stall on the ground floor of NEP they just took down? Any no contest its The Dukes for a Hamburger.

It was about 1 month ago i ate there its by the entrance on your right handside as you walk in .. sad to hear if its gone.

it will never go. its owned by the policeman that runs soi 4.

in fact, he's just opened the new kebab place right opposite too.

Decent burgers there even better if they had a good chilli sauce to accompany them. The best for meat quality is the wagyu burger at the Landmark just a shame its a sloppy mess but then I prefer mine without most of the condiments. Next up for me is Dukes as I'm still searching for a great burger in Thailand as I suspect most of us are....

• 1 month later...