Tourists risk gunfire, grenades for a h*ll of a bargain to stay in 'Camp Lumpini'

webfact

Not that clever. They are staying for free but everybody else in the park is being paid to be there.

And you have evidence they are being paid of course?

I know Thai teachers who go to Lumpini daily who say they are not paid but free food is offered & long lines smile.png many farang hence the 2 guys camping.

The PDRC has admitted to paying 1300 ish guards, take a wander around Lumpini, there are not many more than the paid guards there.

oh you changed your post now..well done guards are guarding protesters are protesting.big difference are you man enough to say your wrong..dr...i doubt you ever were..red trolling..coffee1.gif

• Like 1

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Not that clever. They are staying for free but everybody else in the park is being paid to be there.

And you have evidence they are being paid of course?

I know Thai teachers who go to Lumpini daily who say they are not paid but free food is offered & long lines smile.png many farang hence the 2 guys camping.

The PDRC has admitted to paying 1300 ish guards, take a wander around Lumpini, there are not many more than the paid guards there.

oh you changed your post now..well done guards are guarding protesters are protesting.big difference are you man enough to say your wrong..dr...i doubt you ever were..red trolling..coffee1.gif

Any chance of posting that in English please?

cheap arsed soap dodgers, they can get a free flight home if an M79 grenade lands in their tent!

With all attacks on the anti-government protesters that could indeed happen.

Or kicked out the country for being associated with the opposition of the government.

Would not be surprised to learn Chalerm has that photo of them and is at this moment banging on the Criminal Courts demanding an arrest warrant for them.

Edited by Basil B
  • Like 2

No idea whats going on and thinking their "part" of something

As you say...

this is something i really detest about Farang tourists.

They expect Thais to speak and write English correctly, but they themselves can do neither.....

["they're" is pronounced differently from there or their neither of which would have been correct in the quoted sentence]

While you're at it, I thought they're was pronounced the same as their and there ......but spelled differently...

You must be confused, these people are having a gathering in the north somewhere at the moment.

I know of some teachers from the south that joined the protests in January that were 'reimbursed' 500 baht a day for 'loss of earnings' (which I imagine they didn't actually even lose).

I can't say whether this is still going on or not though.

We briefly had a very useless (lazy) maid . She claimed before starting with us she had been paid 200 baht per day (300 baht for a man) to attend!

She also went to the redshirt demo at the stadium where she was paid 300 baht but complained because she couldn't leave and had to spend the whole day and the food was no good.

That was early doors.

As you say...

They expect Thais to speak and write English correctly, but they themselves can do neither.....

["they're" is pronounced differently from there or their neither of which would have been correct in the quoted sentence]

While you're at it, I thought they're was pronounced the same as their and there ......but spelled differently...

Son't encourage the grammar nazis,diffident,different but same

I suppose this is the place that Thaksin fears so much. The picture looks serene. Maybe that's what Thaksin doesn't like about it. Lumpini Park has become home to those who believe in free expression, and their right to express it. It has come under frequent attack, but they remain, because they believe in their right to protest and what they stand for. They are not alone. The Constitutional Court believes in their right to protest. The Civil Court believes in their right to protest. The Criminal Court believes in their right to protest. Or - from Chalerm's point of view - no one.

Protesting is ok, but destroying public property, killing, beating , take people hostage is not exactly protesting. I dont think you know what you are talking about. suthep does not believe in free expression, he believes in dictatorship only.

Please keep the crap comments, like in Lumphini it's not allowed to take a crap, these protesters aren't uneducated as the thugs who roamed the red land protest before

• Like 1

When are western anti-government supporters going to see things clearly... both camps are being paid. How many of the supporters on both sides know anything about politics, seriously... Of course they are paid. There was even a report out on how much all the stages cost. Do you think it was Thaksin's propaganda machine that handed that out?

You know what, I bet these tourists are being paid by Thaksin to camp there, just as a way of discrediting the protesters. These are spies sent from Dubai.

Typical of The Great Unwashed scratchers that Thailand seems to attract.

Great!! you're looking in the mirror...

Yeah, I go on holiday, don't wash, squat in a tent in park in the middle of Bangkok and spend a couple of dollars a day and look fo free food and wifi.

Your point is?

Edited by mrtoad

The 'Cheap Charlie' terminology was invented by whores to shame money out of their clients. In reality, money doesn't exist to be pissed away because some dimwit thinks you are tight. Let those same judgmental twits put them up in a nice hotel if they have money to burn or <deleted>.

• Like 1

Thailand is like a giant prison....

The country is so liberal that it allows anyone to come here! That includes criminals, deviants, drunkards and deadbeats

A friend of mine pointed out a football hooligan having a beer in a bar in Pattaya.... there are tons of counterfeiters and other criminals...

Pattaya is like the Walking Beach Sing Sing prison!

Lord save you if you have decided to retire around Pattaya.... it means you have lost in life!!!

And you are full of knowledge about retiring in Pattaya because ??

As you say...

I am sure this comment comes from an Islander who can speak read and write only English.... (maybe some bar-Thai too)

No because phuketrichard can't write English himself

Their is possessive, their tent

they are or they're is correct for what he wants to write

• Like 1

Last time I checked, I was being done no harm by these folks. I'm pretty sure they'd be dealt with if they were harming anyone around them.

Who am I to judge how they spend their time or money? I hope they enjoy their experience, and have some great stories to tell for the rest of their lives.

Theres no lack of intelligent educated backpackers. some are students in professional programs. perhaps the ones camping at lumpini perceive it as an adventure, i certainly would. just because some tv posters have yet to scale "everest" does not justify their chastising those that have or try to.

Edited by atyclb

Theres no lack of intelligent educated backpackers. some are students in professional programs. perhaps the ones camping at lumpini perceive it as an adventure, i certainly would. just because some tv posters have yet to scale "everest" does not justify their chastising those that have or try to.

i hope ul say the same if they get maimed or killed with a grenade ....nothing wrong with staying out of harms way imo

in normal times they would be arrested and chucked out of the park, camping not allowed .cheap charlies i guess

no, not cheap charlies, Idiots who have been allowed to come into Thailand! there will always be people like this among us, and they seem to have found a home with the rest of the idiots!