Bt2tn bill ruled unconstitutional

webfact

Heck, I,d be bawling my eyes out if someone had just placed 2 Billion of MY money just out of reach smile.png

why is it so many posters here are like sheep and follow each other rear ends

What 2 million baht

It is 2 Trillion Baht

some time I wonder if some poster here even read the newspapers

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

All quiet on the pro-Thai rouge front. Guess they're brainstorming possible set ups, or the usual 'officials paid off in advance for the ruling' haha

. Its too obvious, on the world stage now, that PTP are massively inept and corrupt; so this ruling is appropriate, following floods, rice schemes.....

Don't know why they are so quiet ? I mean they have had plenty of practice typing "suthep is a fascist you know" in the last few months, should be quite easy for them now

the bill was knocked over but seriously, who was going to lend to,them? Maybe that's why she cried.

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

Well I guess a decent road to Pattaya, Hua Hin and cheaper than air train rides to CM and Phuket will not eventual in my lifetime. The 2trillion might have ended up in many corrupt MP's or Yawopar's, PTP construction pockets, but what you <deleted> have no idea about is these projects would still have been completed in a timely fashion, as mr T and his cronies are gotto ppl to get something done. Keep Thailand poor, laughed at and in the dark ages.. I would not expect much more from the average TV member.

Edited by jayjayjayjay

for all you yellows gloating at this very "expected" result PTP will win any democratic election rolleyes.gif

Dont be so sure on that...

.. their election funds just got cut, no money to bribe anyone left, the grass-roots farmers are protesting...

PTP would be lucky to get enough votes to offer a coalition government to the smaller parties, and i think with all the legal wrangling and lawsuits about to drop on them, the smaller parties will be looking elsewhere.

Now just to get the election re-run, *with* the democrats taking part and we can put this one to bed... once and for all.

well let's see? enough nonsense about unelected 'people's councils' ok? I agree with your last statement and if you are right I certainly would accept the result - NOW let's hear all posters say the same - whatever the result we accept it

fair enough? Thailand has had enough of this infighting

Thailand has not. You have. Why do,you support really cancerous corruption? Are you benefitting?

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

for all you yellows gloating at this very "expected" result PTP will win any democratic election rolleyes.gif

Dont be so sure on that...

.. their election funds just got cut, no money to bribe anyone left, the grass-roots farmers are protesting...

PTP would be lucky to get enough votes to offer a coalition government to the smaller parties, and i think with all the legal wrangling and lawsuits about to drop on them, the smaller parties will be looking elsewhere.

Now just to get the election re-run, *with* the democrats taking part and we can put this one to bed... once and for all.

well let's see? enough nonsense about unelected 'people's councils' ok? I agree with your last statement and if you are right I certainly would accept the result - NOW let's hear all posters say the same - whatever the result we accept it

fair enough? Thailand has had enough of this infighting

Thailand has not. You have. Why do,you support really cancerous corruption? Are you benefitting?

Marcusd. Via tapatalk

You have no idea at all!!!!! Go back to the US if your not already there and stop preaching to Asian countries that do fine without American heros.

Well I guess a decent road to Pattaya, Hua Hin and cheaper than air train rides to CM and Phuket will not eventual in my lifetime. The 2trillion might have ended up in many corrupt MP's or Yawopar's, PTP construction pockets, but what you <deleted> have no idea about is these projects would still have been completed in a timely fashion, as mr T and his cronies are gotto ppl to get something done. Keep Thailand poor, laughed at and in the dark ages.. I would not expect much more from the average TV member.

You think?

Thank you court for the ruling on a Wednesday!! Obviously the money was going into the wrong pockets - so it was easy to guess that the court would "redirect" the trillions to the people who will be in government after the judicial coup - trimmed down a bit to satisfy the blind - but it will still be around 1.3 -1.5 trillion enough to fill the greedy pockets.

Why a court would rule on a Wednesday on such an important bill - brings me to the conclusion that some people in the know - made a lot of money today - being so obvious how the ruling would go I made a killing today on the FX!!!

Earth to some forever, earth calling, do you hear me?

There is no budget, there will be no 2.2 trillion to be borrowed. Therefor there is no money to be diverted.

As for the last assumption, please elaborate, share your knowledge with us lesser beings. Why do you come to that conclusion?

now after a court takes away 2 trillion earmarked for infrastructure in a country - which way would you have thought the Thai Baht would go ??? Up??

With a single body making a decision on such an important matter to the countries economy why would they do it on a Wednesday in the middle of the trading week?? Rulings like this are announced on a Friday AFTER the markets close as they will clearly impact stock markets and currency markets. Remember you can also bet on equities going down?

But there are still some people on here who think this is about democracy and reforms!

The court and the people who "direct" it know already who will fill the vacuum after this government is ousted in a judicial coup - since the military is not stepping in - they will then pass budgets and borrowing let me guess in the 1.3 -1.5 trillion range - the money will flow away from the corrupt PT back to the corrupt "elite" where it belongs.

This was always about the money - or did you really think Suthep and Co. are up on stage there every day because they are such good and honest people??? Did you think really a gangster will become a saint overnight?

Humans love drama. We like it so much that when ever we find this drama, the initial reaction is to immediately tell some else, and if we don’t find any drama we make it up and tell someone anyway. What would the world be without aliens visiting us, shadow governments watching our ever move, big brother trying to keep you down and in this case the dreaded ammart making a constitutional finding…..on of all days…….A Wednesday!!! Shock horror.

I think water fluoridation is all part of a mind control scheme put on by communists (Tida was a communist when it suited her agenda) as well, but heaven forbid I say that out loud lest people think I am perceived as being as crazy at Tida is when she defends democracy (when it suits her agenda)!!

BTW - I gave you the "like" because I enjoy "betting" on global markets too. That however is where the similarities between you and me cease.

Edited by djjamie

Good.

The next step is the ruling about this government being still in charge.

This is against the constitution also.

I'm not sure they want to be in office now as they have absolutely no way to pay the farmers - the game is up - IMO this really was a game changer for PTP

People in various countries often say "I'll bet they say they wish they weren't the government now" Sorry, in Politics, Rule no 1 is "Be the Government. Rule 2. If in doubt,refer to Rule No 1. It is always about sitting tn the treasury benches. It is always about being the Government. Nothing else comes close. Being the government allows you to so way too many things that being in opposition won't allow. Ask Thaksin if he wishes PTP were not the government. Hell no. The Dems would never try to let him in, to pass through the "get $200 box and a "get out of jail card, free" as well. No politician EVER wants to NOT be the government. So you have to tell more lies, big deal, but always refer to Rule No 1.

Very good call. Let's hope the PTP minority respect this decision.

You forget.

The whole and single purpose of the PTP is to prevent the PTP paymaster Thaksin Shinawatra from being held accountable for the crimes of which he was convicted.

The founding principal of the PTP is the idea of being above the law.

You are right except that this is not the sole purpose of PT. It is also designed to hollow out Thailand's public finances and leave the country a burned out shell weighed down with debt to the Nth generation while they laugh all the way to the bank.

• Like 1

He said Wirat Kalayasiri, the head of the Democrat's legal team, would seek an impeachment against caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra for having sponsored an unconstitutional bill.

Unlike the Senate Reform Bill, this time it doesn't matter whether she actually showed up to vote for the bill or not. Since it was financial bill she had to sign it herself. There is more reason for the NACC to indict supporters of this bill than the Senate Reform Bill, which I admit is an iffy case.

I'm delighted with the outcome. Great news for all Thais. However I'm all for investment into infrastructure. Hopefully some qualified and decent people will come up with the proper plans and feasibility study and Thailand will develop their train network gradually. It has got to be right for the country. Not for the family. By the way, some people are simply crying because the big cookie jar was shut right in front of them just before they grabbed a massive cookie. smile.png

• Like 1

you seem to overlook that the Democrat party led coalition government under Abhisit was already working on high-speed train ideas, only to see all scrapped by the new government.

Furthermore you seem to overlook that part of the infrastructure budget seemed to include activities and therefor money normally found in the yearly National Budget. Like the rice scam, just trying to avoid parliamentary scrutiny.

As for the rest, the usual denigrating remarks. BTW although you had the 'unelected elites' you missed out mentioning 'fascists' rolleyes.gif

Truth hurts.My comments are accurate as I suspect you well know.Having said that there is nothing amiss with the opposition taking the government on with regard to the best method of funding,and to be fair Khun Korn has done some excellent work here.The Constitutional Court ruling is not interested in this and is mainly designed to frustrate democracy; the infrastructure programme is beyond its comprehension.

I'm not sure why you introduce the subject of fascists.Why are they relevant to this subject? But the overall attack on democracy by the CC is beyond dispute.

However the damage has been done and this ruling is a major set back for the very necessary improvement of infrastructure

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

...But the overall attack on democracy by the CC is beyond dispute...

Why? Because you say so? Get a grip.

You could argue with the phraseology I use.But what you cannot do is suggest that key parts of the judicial system have not been enlisted to complete the process of ending a democratically elected government especially given the limits now placed on street mobs and military coups.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

So the train comes down from China through Lao. Passengers disembark at the thai border. Get on the perfectly adequate (according to one of the judges) gravel road. Board the bus,tuk tul, whatever and are driven through Thailand down to the malaysian border where they can rejoin their train.

A perfect thai solution.

Who exactly are these passengers who are willing to spend hours and hours on a train when they could travel much quicker and cheaper by plane?

you seem to overlook that the Democrat party led coalition government under Abhisit was already working on high-speed train ideas, only to see all scrapped by the new government.

Furthermore you seem to overlook that part of the infrastructure budget seemed to include activities and therefor money normally found in the yearly National Budget. Like the rice scam, just trying to avoid parliamentary scrutiny.

As for the rest, the usual denigrating remarks. BTW although you had the 'unelected elites' you missed out mentioning 'fascists' rolleyes.gif

Truth hurts.My comments are accurate as I suspect you well know.Having said that there is nothing amiss with the opposition taking the government on with regard to the best method of funding,and to be fair Khun Korn has done some excellent work here.The Constitutional Court ruling is not interested in this and is mainly designed to frustrate democracy; the infrastructure programme is beyond its comprehension.

I'm not sure why you introduce the subject of fascists.Why are they relevant to this subject? But the overall attack on democracy by the CC is beyond dispute.

However the damage has been done and this ruling is a major set back for the very necessary improvement of infrastructure

You could argue with the phraseology I use.But what you cannot do is suggest that key parts of the judicial system have not been enlisted to complete the process of ending a democratically elected government especially given the limits now placed on street mobs and military coups.

PTP have not followed the law or parliamentary rules when it suited them. They have been caught and the courts have ruled against them.

You cannot suggest that every ruling against PTP is part of some judicial conspiracy to help remove them. All hogwash designed to hide the facts i,e, they didn't follow the law and cheated through parliament.

• Like 1

"I think water fluoridation is all part of a mind control scheme put on by communists".

Please tell us more about this communist mind control scheme, as I had always naively thought that it was to do with teeth rather than brain.

Thank you court for the ruling on a Wednesday!! Obviously the money was going into the wrong pockets - so it was easy to guess that the court would "redirect" the trillions to the people who will be in government after the judicial coup - trimmed down a bit to satisfy the blind - but it will still be around 1.3 -1.5 trillion enough to fill the greedy pockets.

Why a court would rule on a Wednesday on such an important bill - brings me to the conclusion that some people in the know - made a lot of money today - being so obvious how the ruling would go I made a killing today on the FX!!!

Earth to some forever, earth calling, do you hear me?

There is no budget, there will be no 2.2 trillion to be borrowed. Therefor there is no money to be diverted.

As for the last assumption, please elaborate, share your knowledge with us lesser beings. Why do you come to that conclusion?

now after a court takes away 2 trillion earmarked for infrastructure in a country - which way would you have thought the Thai Baht would go ??? Up??

With a single body making a decision on such an important matter to the countries economy why would they do it on a Wednesday in the middle of the trading week?? Rulings like this are announced on a Friday AFTER the markets close as they will clearly impact stock markets and currency markets. Remember you can also bet on equities going down?

But there are still some people on here who think this is about democracy and reforms!

The court and the people who "direct" it know already who will fill the vacuum after this government is ousted in a judicial coup - since the military is not stepping in - they will then pass budgets and borrowing let me guess in the 1.3 -1.5 trillion range - the money will flow away from the corrupt PT back to the corrupt "elite" where it belongs.

This was always about the money - or did you really think Suthep and Co. are up on stage there every day because they are such good and honest people??? Did you think really a gangster will become a saint overnight?

Humans love drama. We like it so much that when ever we find this drama, the initial reaction is to immediately tell some else, and if we don’t find any drama we make it up and tell someone anyway. What would the world be without aliens visiting us, shadow governments watching our ever move, big brother trying to keep you down and in this case the dreaded ammart making a constitutional finding…..on of all days…….A Wednesday!!! Shock horror.

I think water fluoridation is all part of a mind control scheme put on by communists (Tida was a communist when it suited her agenda) as well, but heaven forbid I say that out loud lest people think I am perceived as being as crazy at Tida is when she defends democracy (when it suits her agenda)!!

BTW - I gave you the "like" because I enjoy "betting" on global markets too. That however is where the similarities between you and me cease.

The now caretaker M. of Transport mentioned a while ago that without this bill 'road maintenance' and other normal activities would suffer.

Now that the party is over, can we get some of the improvements to transport and maintenance back into the National Budget where they used to be?

I would think with all the new vehicles on the road the fuel tax would provide plenty of money to maintain the existing roads and build new ones or does the diesel subsidy eat up all the gasoline tax?

Democracy in motion. Killing corruption one step at a time.

Protest to stir them up to stop/delay their schemes.

Kill off their "one man one vote for corruption" election fraud.

Raise the curtains and expose the rice scheme for the farmers to see.

Now starve them out by killing the super corruption bill.

And when they say they don't like to looks of armed soldiers protecting protesters?

Let'm wear pink!

Nice to watch. Maybe Thailand has a chance after all.

Democracy in motion? When 9 unelected men prevents the will of the majority of Thais, then it's democracy? It is as anti-democratic as it gets.

As much as I dislike the rice scheme, what the so called "independent" courts are doing, is sabotaging an elected government. The rule of law means nothing if the courts don't follow the law, and democracy means nothing if an UNELECTED organ (courts) places itself above parliament.

Does a government have the right to borrow huge amounts of money without any parliamentary oversight of how it is spent (or stolen)? If not, how has the court placed itself above parliament?

• Like 1

rolleyes.gif Oh dear.

For the government this was the bill that was meant to be the big earner.

The one they could tap for their "influence" in getting the "right people" compensated for their 'help".

I wonder how much of that money was supposed to be going to Dubai?

CONSTITUTIONAL COURT
Bt2-tn loan bill rejected

CHANIKARN PHUMHIRAN,
NAKARIN SRILERT,
WATCHARA PUSSAYANAWIN
THE NATION

PM faces second impeachment risk after unanimous charter court verdict; property sector sees move as a setback

BANGKOK: -- THE GOVERNMENT'S Bt2-trillion borrowing bill for infrastructure projects, including high-speed railway, was yesterday unanimously ruled unconstitutional by the charter court in a much-awaited verdict, making the entire caretaker Cabinet and Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra liable to impeachment.

The verdict brings the second impeachment risk for Yingluck after the National Anti-Corruption Commission decided to press charge of negligence in the controversial rice-pledging scheme against her. If Yingluck is found guilty of dereliction, the NACC will forward her case to the Senate for impeachment.

The Constitutional Court voted 9-0 to rule the content of the bill unconstitutional, while there was a 6-2 vote with one judge abstaining over the bill being passed in procedural violation of the charter following coalition MPs voting with others' identity cards.

The court ruled the entire bill unconstitutional, saying the main content violated Article 154 (3) of the charter.

Former Democrat Party MP Wiratana Kalayasiri, a party legal adviser who lodged a petition against the bill with the charter court, said that he would pursue the impeachment of Yingluck and her Cabinet. He thanked the judiciary for foreseeing the bad effects that would have been brought by the bill, and saving Thailand from being indebted with loans for 50 years or longer.

The verdict is a major blow to the caretaker administration, which has been engulfed with several legal and political setbacks, while serving as a boost for the anti-government movement. The People's Democratic Reform Committee crowd at Lumpini Park cheered and jeered loudly when news about the verdict was read out to them by rally leaders on-stage.

Yingluck, speaking on a tour in Chaiyaphum yesterday, said she deplored the verdict against the Bt2-trillion bill, saying the government had done what it could to develop the country's connectivity and infrastructure to compete with other countries in the region. She said she hoped that the next or future governments would carry out the projects. "It's an opportunity to every Thai, not just to a government," she said. Asked if she felt she was treated unfairly, Yingluck turned away and walked up to meet with a group of supporters.

Before interacting with the media, Yingluck had lunch with Cabinet members and provincial authorities. She appeared tense after learning of the verdict and was seen in discussions with two Cabinet members.

Core leader Satit Wongnongtaey said the Yingluck Cabinet would need to step down even as a caretaker government, especially as the rejected bill was a monetary legislation that subjected any government to an extra burden of political responsibility.

Democrat Party spokesman Chavanond Intarakomalyasut said Yingluck should quit, and keep a commitment made earlier by her own deputy, Phongthep Thepkanjana, who had said Yingluck would need to show responsibility "in one away or another" if the bill pushed by the Pheu Thai-led government was ruled unconstitutional.

Meanwhile, Federation of Thai Industries (FTI) vice president Tanit Sorat took the court decision in his stride, saying there would be less worry about the country's public debt levels.

However, caretaker Finance Minister Kittiratt Na-Ranong said yesterday the Bt2-trillion loan to finance infrastructure projects would have increased the country's competitiveness and pushed 3 per cent growth in gross domestic product (GDP).

Writing on his Facebook page yesterday, Kittiratt said the past 10 years had seen a sharp drop in investment in Thailand to 20-23 per cent of GDP, compared to 35-42 per cent of GDP before 1997. The low investment would make the country less competitive.

The property sector is expected to be impacted the most by the court verdict as they had speculated on some plots of land. Some developers said they would slow down their investments.

Chakporn Oojitt, executive director of Construction Institute of Thailand, said the ruling would impact the property developers most. Many operators had already bought plots of land along the areas where they had speculated the high-speed train lines would pass.

"We don't think this will impact much the country's economic growth, as the investment budget of Bt2 trillion, over seven years - Bt300 billion a year - had not yet been factored in in the GDP forecast," he said.

Yongsit Rojsrikul, governor of the Mass Rapid Transit Authority, said the construction of electric trains could go ahead, but not all 10 lines could be completed in seven years as scheduled. The construction plan might be altered due to limited budget. "It may take some 15 years to complete the construction of all lines."

Prapas Chongsanguan, governor of the State Railway of Thailand, said that due to the court verdict, the authority was not able to go ahead with improving the double-track railway system under the Bt1.2-trillion project as planned. Thailand's railway system is now lagging behind that of Singapore, Malaysia and Vietnam.

"Under the normal fiscal budget, the development of the Thai railway system would take more than 20 years instead of just seven," he said.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-13

He said Wirat Kalayasiri, the head of the Democrat's legal team, would seek an impeachment against caretaker Prime Minister Yingluck Shinawatra for having sponsored an unconstitutional bill.

Unlike the Senate Reform Bill, this time it doesn't matter whether she actually showed up to vote for the bill or not. Since it was financial bill she had to sign it herself. There is more reason for the NACC to indict supporters of this bill than the Senate Reform Bill, which I admit is an iffy case.

And absolutely farcically the judgement comes AFTER its signed into law.

Couldn't they find a way to judge it before?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No. The constitutional court isn't a house of review. That's the Senate. It cannot rule on legislation that hasn't yet been voted on. Imagine the mess if it could!

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

No. The constitutional court isn't a house of review. That's the Senate. It cannot rule on legislation that hasn't yet been voted on. Imagine the mess if it could!

I disagree. Why couldn't it be that the senate is the house and the only house to submit it for review. Why can't the CC sit as a part of the senate? Why must the CC sit completely outside the remit of the senate?

The senate signed it off also. They are as guilty as any other party. This is why the british system is so neat. The upper house is the final court of review.

Once its passed there. That's it. What would be the problem with making the senate responsible for judging the constitutionality on advice from the cc? I can't see any. It would be a hell of a lot more transparent that anappointed court.

As for prosecuting anyone for this, it is nuts. The obvious defence is, my lawyer told me it wasn't constitutional. To which some smart arse with say. Ignorance is no defence.

To which any half decent lawyer says. I don't have a crystal ball , idiot.

• Like 1

As much as I dislike the rice scheme, what the so called "independent" courts are doing, is sabotaging an elected government. The rule of law means nothing if the courts don't follow the law, and democracy means nothing if an UNELECTED organ (courts) places itself above parliament.

wrong ! there are procedures to follow legally and the yingluck mob screwed up

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If I remember rightly the sum involved was 2.2 Trillion Baht. It was mainly to be used for the Thai section of a high speed train set to go from China to Singapore. I would question how much the Chinese are putting into it and, seeing the activity on the route going north out of Bangkok past Don Muang, how much money has been spent on it already.

Work is ongoing to construct the overhead line at the same place where an older, discarded, overhead line has been left to rot.

So you're saying e.g. the US is not a democracy since its Supreme Court judges are appointed??

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

PTP have not followed the law or parliamentary rules when it suited them. They have been caught and the courts have ruled against them.

You cannot suggest that every ruling against PTP is part of some judicial conspiracy to help remove them. All hogwash designed to hide the facts i,e, they didn't follow the law and cheated through parliament.

Not every ruling of course but the overall pattern is very clear.

For you and others that might need a refresher course in the basics Time Magazine has a useful article - including the issue of politicised courts.

http://world.time.com/2013/11/28/thailands-democrat-party-is-hilariously-misnamed/