Are You Friends With Any Thai Men?

eldragon

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Obviously there are many expats here who only think with their dicks, Karma and natural selection will sort them out, I have noticed that, they ! are the ones that complain most about the Thais and therefor the ones less likely to succeed here. Pattaya Beach is full of expat men who have screwed themselves into bankruptcy. because of these sex addicts, it is unfortunate however that Thais think that we are all the same.

Apart from some cultural differences, Thais are the same as everyone else, what I mean by that is, they are all different, not clones. Treat them with the respect they deserve, as you would anyone else and you will receive respect back. I have only been here for a few months, but have been an expat since birth, so very used to being the Falang. Ive made many Thai male friends, there are of course some I don't want to know, I use the first impression rule, which has always got me by in the past. Generally I find Thais much more trust worthy than most nationalities I have known over the years.

May I suggest that you ask your Thai friends out for a drink or a meal and see what happens, you only get out of life what you put into it, so go ahead take the initative, you will probably be surprised. Good luck Tony

PS while im here I have just rented a very nice 2 bed condo with pool at the riverside apartments for the next 5 1/2 months and would like to fill the other room to help with the rent, it has everything including wifi, hot and cold water, 24 hour security, parking, 2 bathrooms with great showers, TV, proper kitchen and quite large. 7,500 BHT pm, no bills.

Got it all sorted during your first week or two in Thailand.......well done.thumbsup.gif alt=thumbsup.gif width=25 height=19>

What's the apartment have to do with Thai male friends?

With all your expertise about Thailand and all your good male thai friends I am sure you can get a good room mate for the rest of your stay if you ask one of them. Good luck, you'll need it! clap2.gif

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Absolutely spot on post. I would concede it may be possible but then it's also possible to win the lottery on 3 consecutive months. Even then you're probably just a farang novelty who they take the piss out of behind your back. To consider someone a friend where you can't speak each others language is ridiculous. Then there's those who try to kid everybody they only came for the temples and the culture. You've seen the type , those going around with a wai for everybody looking like a complete prat. They tend to reckon they've got loads of Thai mates.

Just because they play golf or take you out on the piss doesn't mean they're friends. No matter the class or level of education all Thais consider a farang a sex tourist , which of course we all are or we're before we met darling.

Simple fact is Thai men don't like farangs unless there's something in it for them but some farangs are too stupid to see through the falseness.

Through business over a decade I've met about 10,000 Thai men. I'd say 5% don't like Farang because they are Farang. My feelings are in stark contrast to your feelings. How many Thai men do you base your suppositions on? You must have lived here for a long time and met a lot of Thai males but I'm wondering how long and how many?

I've been here 12 years. I don't honestly know how many Thai men i've met but certainly not as many as your average of 3 a day. I'm quite well travelled and a very easy going type of person whose never had any problems making friends wherever i've been or lived. In Thailand it's different for some reason. My experience here of Thai men is not good. Most i've met seem to have a fixation on money or how they can get their hands on mine. In fact the whole country has a fixation on money , the system is rotten to the core where most of the indigenous people think corruption it's acceptable so long as they're getting their cut somewhere along the line. Everybodys perception is aquired through experience. I find Thais the most racist people i've ever met where openly calling the black guy " chocolate man " is the norm. They're obsessed with skin color , the more white the better. I had to laugh the other day , the women now have pussy whitening cream. Do you think this obsession is normal ? If you reckon only 5% of Thai men don't like farangs maybe your business is a mamma / pappa shop in the village and don't see the ulterior motive behind those fake smiles.

I'll wager Thailand is the most different place that you personally have lived and that accounts for your problem. Thailand is like another planet, its simultaneously always maintained its independence and has no real interest in the world outside it in the same way some other "independent" nations might. Your own country is full of just as many illogical obsessions, you just aren't aware of them. You say everyone basis their perception on experience but I'd say you can do a lot to bolster your experience by reading the experiences of others or, dare I say it, those whose professional occupation is to as objectively as possible compare and contrast different places and identify what "rules" govern each place/people. If you just did a minimal amount of effort in this vein your experience here would be different for the better. You have far more control over your experiences than you wish to admit but you are too lazy and judgment comes too easily to the lazy; such as how I am judging you now without even bothering to get to know you.

Edited by OxfordWill
  • Like 2

Absolutely spot on post. I would concede it may be possible but then it's also possible to win the lottery on 3 consecutive months. Even then you're probably just a farang novelty who they take the piss out of behind your back. To consider someone a friend where you can't speak each others language is ridiculous. Then there's those who try to kid everybody they only came for the temples and the culture. You've seen the type , those going around with a wai for everybody looking like a complete prat. They tend to reckon they've got loads of Thai mates.

Just because they play golf or take you out on the piss doesn't mean they're friends. No matter the class or level of education all Thais consider a farang a sex tourist , which of course we all are or we're before we met darling.

Simple fact is Thai men don't like farangs unless there's something in it for them but some farangs are too stupid to see through the falseness.

Through business over a decade I've met about 10,000 Thai men. I'd say 5% don't like Farang because they are Farang. My feelings are in stark contrast to your feelings. How many Thai men do you base your suppositions on? You must have lived here for a long time and met a lot of Thai males but I'm wondering how long and how many?

I've been here 12 years. I don't honestly know how many Thai men i've met but certainly not as many as your average of 3 a day. I'm quite well travelled and a very easy going type of person whose never had any problems making friends wherever i've been or lived. In Thailand it's different for some reason. My experience here of Thai men is not good. Most i've met seem to have a fixation on money or how they can get their hands on mine. In fact the whole country has a fixation on money , the system is rotten to the core where most of the indigenous people think corruption it's acceptable so long as they're getting their cut somewhere along the line. Everybodys perception is aquired through experience. I find Thais the most racist people i've ever met where openly calling the black guy " chocolate man " is the norm. They're obsessed with skin color , the more white the better. I had to laugh the other day , the women now have pussy whitening cream. Do you think this obsession is normal ? If you reckon only 5% of Thai men don't like farangs maybe your business is a mamma / pappa shop in the village and don't see the ulterior motive behind those fake smiles.

What, you think Micheal Jackson was Thai? Did Thais ever have Thai only drinking fountains? Did Thais prohibit people from Issan from joining the army? How many race riots has Thailand had? Does Thailand have light skinned Thais sit in the front of the bus?

Edited by thailiketoo
  • Like 2

I have heaps of Thai male friends, 3 different groups in fact. I go ride BMX at the skatepark in hua mak & suphanburi with heaps of guys all the time. I would say I have 2 Thai guys that are my main friends and have meet a lot of cool guys though them with the same interests riding Bmx, drinking, smoking , old cars , street art what ever . Have another group of guys that I paint with all the time and hang out, go drink and eat & then my more resent group of Thai friends who I have meet though others farangs thanks to our interest in cars and racing them at Gymkhana and other events. I guess it's all because all my friends we have the same interests and that's why we get along.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 1

I have a Thai group of friends that I can go out and party with any time. They regularly invite me out. They're decently educated, wealthy and many of them have lived/studied overseas. That being said there are still major cultural differences that prevent us from clicking. It's much easier for me to make close friends with westerners, especially the ones from my own country.

Been living here 6 years now and can number 2 Thai (non-Chinese) men whom I would call a "friend", however one defines this term. They have now become my business partners and we get along quite well, with dinners and customer meetings together. They take care of Thai customers and I handle the farang ones. Seems to be working out well. However, I had prior Thai business partners up to couple years ago, and when it came to cash in the bank account, all of a sudden the nature of our relationship changed and we no longer see each other.

There is a tremendous difference in the way that Thais view farangs, especially the men. I view it like two stove pipes running in parallel culturally in which there exists the Thai culture and the farang culture, which do not seem to mix together to a real depth of friendship. As a profound example, in Bangkok there are private Thai clubs for men into which passage by a farang (not accompanied by a Thai member) is not allowed, similar to the Japanese clubs here as well. They just do not want us there unless forced to accept us as a guest of another Thai member. I checked this with another farang friend, who has lived here for over 40 years. He speaks, reads, writes Thai like a native and the Thais even refused to let him enter these clubs. Does not bother me since a friend is a friend regardless of nationality, but for all of the LOS PR most Thais seem to want to ignore the farangs, unless they can make some $$$.

• Like 1

I certainly would like to be friend with some pleasant Thai men I met if there weren't some "ifs & buts".

It's always too noisy for me where Thais are.

Wheather it's the forever blaring television or some music or both at the same time. Cannot stand it.

Cannot find joy in eating and drinking for hours while trying to listen to somebody when 10 other people are talking with their screaming squeaking voices criss cross the room all at the same time.

It is alright for me to meet with Thai men for a ride on the bike or by bicycle. I'll never invite anybody to my home

because in the past I invited one and they came with many. Nor do I accept any invitations 'cause of the aforementioned

reasons.

Have some "good aquaintances" amongst the few other expats in my area. A real good friend of mine, a guy in my age from Seattle, unfortunately died. Still missing him a lot.

Edited by maximillian

»Are You Friends With Any Thai Men?«

Yes, a few – less than 10 in total. Presume language is my barrier if they cannot speak some English, my Thai unfortunately still is extremely limited.

• Like 1

Metapod

Been here 14 years and never had or highly unlikely to ever have a Thai male friend.

Absolutely nothing in common with them whatsoever. Anyone who says they have 'Thai friends' are very odd people IMO.

I'd say your the odd one. You have lived in a country for 14 years and haven't made one friend from that country.

I'd say that it is exactly the same as the foreigners who come to England, they don't join in with us, they stay in there own groups.

So why is it strange ? I think you are the odd one out mate !

I had plenty of foreign friends when I lived in the UK. Lots of foreigners join in with the UK just fine.

Metapod

Been here 14 years and never had or highly unlikely to ever have a Thai male friend.

Absolutely nothing in common with them whatsoever. Anyone who says they have 'Thai friends' are very odd people IMO.

I'd say your the odd one. You have lived in a country for 14 years and haven't made one friend from that country.

I'd say that it is exactly the same as the foreigners who come to England, they don't join in with us, they stay in there own groups.

So why is it strange ? I think you are the odd one out mate !

But do the foreigners in England speak disparagingly of the locals (i.e., the English) and try painstakingly to convince everyone of their superiority over said locals? Perhaps the foreigners in England are a better class of people than the foreigners in Thailand.

• Like 2

In view of the number of personal insults, flames, and derogatory comments this thread has attracted, it has run its course and will be closed.

Apologies to those who contributed something constructive and sensible

//CLOSED//

• Like 2