Suthep calls for protection of court, graft buster

webfact

"Suthep said last night that he expected troubles ahead of the second deadline as the redshirts did not want Yingluck to come to defend the charges"

Isn't Suthep supposed to be handing himself in to face charges? How many "deadlines" has he given himself so far? I seem to have lost count for some reason.

"He said Thailand must be governed by the Rule of Law and that the law must be respected." He is joking, isn't he?.... surely ...?

• Like 2

have to agree with him, the reds are attacking anyone that abides by the law when it effects the ptp. The reds dont like the truth to come out and for their ptp to be accused of doing anything illegal so they try to belittle and threaten anyone that does their job. As long as we have these totally undemocratic thugs doing the ptp dirty work this country cannot advance. Magistrates and commissions should be able to do their appointed jobs without interference, especially when that interference is based on political bias, this applies to all sides in the country, both reds and yellows.

So you agree to stop your yellow bias crap?

I promised myself I wasn't going to comment here, but ...

<snip>

a non political committee can put together what is needed for reform, and a referendum for the country to decide what form these new reforms must be done by the winning government

<snip>

I just have to ask how you recommend selecting a "non-political" committee. Are they going to be selected by Suthep? Are they going to be selected by a panel of military officers? Are they going to be selected by the sitting Senators? Really, what mechanism are you going to have? The PDRC has spoken many times about this but I've never seen a concrete proposal explaining exactly what would be done. In Thailand, how do you assemble a committee of twelve or fifteen people who everybody agrees are not corrupt? Incidentally, I don't mean to imply that Thailand is unusually corrupt; I'm trom the United States and Thais have nothing on our politicians, especially those from Illinois, Massachusetts and Louisiana. Although I do remember Chatchai Choonhavan and his Buffet Cabinet, which made Thaksin look like an innocent choir boy.

Oh, before I hit the send button I need to mention that I thought they got a terrific group together in 2539-40. That was an excellent constitution. Not unflawed, but very good. The constitution of 2550, however... Anyway, I don't know how the people were chosen for that Constitutional Convention were selected. That mechanism might be used again.

• Like 2

I have never seen a clear policy from Suthep or his group (or the last administration) regarding education, healthcare, law, defence, international relations or economic development. I see plenty of mud slinging instead of tackling the great many issues that this country sadly faces. Wouldn't it be nice if out of 70 million people, just a few with the intelligence, courage and a clear plan would step forward and provide some leadership and firm direction.

Oh, for goodness sake, who would vote for a boring bunch of people like that? Although, actually, now that I think of it, have you seen Chuwit being interviewed on TV recently? Now there's a guy with clear plans and opinions.

"Suthep said it became clear of the increasing threats by what he described “rowdy political hooligans”.

The worst hooligan is Suthep himself.

Really?

Did he burn houses down?

Did he fire grenades?

Did he intimidate?

Did he spray blood and shit to people he does not like?

Did he burn effigies of other people or curse them?

First I wanted to add "dream on"

but I do not think you're dreaming.

If you are not completely unclever than your intention is not good.

The only thing he has not done YET is burn down houses. And who has burned down any houses. He has killed 90 people in 2010 and got many others killed thin year. He has or his thugs have neaten many people just for doing what they want.

SO PLEASE got your facts straight.

• Like 1

have to agree with him, the reds are attacking anyone that abides by the law when it effects the ptp. The reds dont like the truth to come out and for their ptp to be accused of doing anything illegal so they try to belittle and threaten anyone that does their job. As long as we have these totally undemocratic thugs doing the ptp dirty work this country cannot advance. Magistrates and commissions should be able to do their appointed jobs without interference, especially when that interference is based on political bias, this applies to all sides in the country, both reds and yellows.

What about sutheps thugs????? They attack anyone and even tourtuer them and throw them in a river???????????? But that must be ok in your mind.

• Like 1

Yes the Reds might actually want the goverment/courts to work for them and not the DEMs/ yellows/PDRC

That CANNOT HAPPEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biggrin.png

WHY?????? Isnt the government & the courts supose to WORK for ALL THAI people???? Or are they suppose to work for just a sellected few.

Its time for an new election date to be set

the date must be at a time when the GET OUT OF JAIL FREE for Taksin has expired

Suthep and Yingluck have both had their 10 mins of glory and should be moved to new pastures

a non political committee can put together what is needed for reform, and a referendum for the country to decide what form these

new reforms must be done by the winning government

Rule No. 1

No person CONVICTED of a criminal offence relating to property or politics can run for government for at least 5 years

Rule No, 2

any politician before the courts can not use the excuse he is a sitting member of parliment so he can not face the courts

Rules No 3 and above to be put on paper by the Thai people

" a non-political commitee?" Where are you going to get that? You sound like suthep and his group wanting a dictatorship.

• Like 1

aare you serous? where have you been for the past five months? words fail me as to how falongs can be so out of touch. just do your self a favor and go home!

• Like 1

"Suthep said it became clear of the increasing threats by what he described “rowdy political hooligans”.

Really?

Did he burn houses down?

Did he fire grenades?

Did he intimidate?

in answer to your questions, YES! he did!

The man is such a hypocrite, he is also facing charges that he refuse to acknowledge in court. If you didn't know it was him talking you think it was some Red Shirt leader talking about him.

I am writing this slowly so that you may understand.

The red shirt police can arrest him any time they want

He was mainly beleaguring offices that were assisting YL & her lot with ripping off the poor & long-suffering people of thailand. Now, he wants to help protect the institutions that are trying to root out the corruption & graft that pervades this little paradise. If you think that is inconsistent, hypocritical or ironic, then you clearly put yourselve into the camp of the the people who favour corruption & graft in Government & everyday Thai life.

Its time for an new election date to be set

the date must be at a time when the GET OUT OF JAIL FREE for Taksin has expired

Suthep and Yingluck have both had their 10 mins of glory and should be moved to new pastures

a non political committee can put together what is needed for reform, and a referendum for the country to decide what form these

new reforms must be done by the winning government

Rule No. 1

No person CONVICTED of a criminal offence relating to property or politics can run for government for at least 5 years

Rule No, 2

any politician before the courts can not use the excuse he is a sitting member of parliment so he can not face the courts

Rules No 3 and above to be put on paper by the Thai people

Rule No. 1

No person CONVICTED of a criminal offence relating to property or politics can run for government for at least 5 years (Please ADD.... "Or hold any appointed or elected etc. etc. position at any level in any political party".) That should not be against te constitution surely, trying to keep the crooks out of politics.

When red shirts elect a person and they turn out to be a criminal, others think they are stupid.

When red shirts elect and re-elect proxies for the known criminal, others know they are stupid.

And now the criminal's proxies prove to be as criminal as him, they protest that they shouldn't be prosecuted.

IMHO because they will have to admit that they are really stupid.

Agree entirely. Repeatiing the same mistake, again & again & expecting a different outcome is definitely a definition of stuipidity!!!!!!!!!!

I have never seen a clear policy from Suthep or his group (or the last administration) regarding education, healthcare, law, defence, international relations or economic development. (NO, and you won't, because he is all about stopping graft & corruption). I see plenty of mud slinging instead of tackling the great many issues that this country sadly faces. (The graft and corruption of politicians who have no interest in bettering anyone but themselves is the block to that goal.) Wouldn't it be nice if out of 70 million people, just a few with the intelligence, courage and a clear plan would step forward and provide some leadership and firm direction. (Feel free to step right up, if you are a Thai national. Suthpep is looking for people just like that, to enter the party of your choice to help set up better education, healthcare etc, etc; & help run a clean country,) You see, if you are a person with decent aspirations for thailand, you are actually a Suthep supporter & you didn't even know it!!!!!

Note please: The responder's original comment is not bold or underlined. My additions are bold & undelined.

Signed respectfully, The deerhunter

Really?

Did he burn houses down?

Did he fire grenades?

Did he intimidate?

The only thing he has not done YET is burn down houses. And who has burned down any houses. He has killed 90 people in 2010 and got many others killed thin year. He has or his thugs have neaten many people just for doing what they want.

Stop lying. He has not killed anybody. Military had to shoot in self-defence at the area from where they were shot and from where grenades have been fired. They did this after warning. You know very well that he was accused for murder for political reasons only. And by the way, he did none of the things you say - where are your references? Red shirt radio?

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Blind obedience to the cash, with never a thought that maybe some reforms might reduce the gap with gains all round.

When red shirts elect a person and they turn out to be a criminal, others think they are stupid.

When red shirts elect and re-elect proxies for the known criminal, others know they are stupid.

And now the criminal's proxies prove to be as criminal as him, they protest that they shouldn't be prosecuted.

IMHO because they will have to admit that they are really stupid.

An article about Suthep requesting something and surprise surprise you are here crying about red shirts!

Who do you think the judges and investigators need protection FROM? The fairies at the bottom of the garden don't carry M-79s.

The man is such a hypocrite, he is also facing charges that he refuse to acknowledge in court. If you didn't know it was him talking you think it was some Red Shirt leader talking about him.

his protests with his armed retinue are all about keeping him out of prison

That would be court, not prison. Being charged does not imply guilt, especially when the charges are laid by a mercenary lickspittle.

Really?

Did he burn houses down?

Did he fire grenades?

Did he intimidate?

Stop lying. He has not killed anybody. Military had to shoot in self-defence at the area from where they were shot and from where grenades have been fired. They did this after warning. You know very well that he was accused for murder for political reasons only. And by the way, he did none of the things you say - where are your references? Red shirt radio?

Then what are you... Spokesman for the Thai Army? Surely you must be jesting? What about the deaths of the foreign reporters during the protests in 2010?

How about the westerner that got manhandled by the PDRC or the cops that got either injured or killed during this protest?

If nobody is responsible for their actions then no one is to blame. Yes the reda burnes down buildings belonging to yellow sympathizers but they also protected some of the soldiers from of the extremists in their group. Both sides have have fruitcakes but if you are going to tell people that Suthep isn't responsible for the deaths in 2010 or that he isn't corrupt then I suggest you put the Nation newspaper aside qns start googling about your alltime hero.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Edited by maxme
  • Like 1