Harassment of Thai judges - Court of Justice seeks police action

webfact

Court of Justice seeks police action

court-of-justice-wpcf_728x413.jpg

BANGKOK: -- The Court of Justice yesterday asked the police to bring a person who posted on the Internet personal information of the Civil Court’s panel of judges and their photos to justice for it is tantamount to encourage harassment of the judges.

Spokesman of the Court of Justice Mr Bovornsak Thawipat said a person who used a pseudo name “Ku Tong Dai Sip Lan Chak Thaksin Nene” (I will get 10 milion baht from Thaksin surely) posted personal information of the Civil Court’s panel of judges involving a case filed by a co-leader of the People’s Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) Thavorn Senniem against the caretaker government.

The court’s spokesman said Thavorn sought the Civil Court to revoke the state of emergency declared by the caretaker prime minister Yingluck Shinawatra.

He said that message posted by the person was intended to direct or persuade the people to harass the panel of judges in the case, and also aimed at disturbing public disorder and creating fear among the people.

He said the statement was inappropriate and breached the law.

The Court of Justice then would ask the National Police Chief Pol Gen Adul Saengsingkaew to act and stop the spread of the message to the public and to trace the wrongdoer for trial.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/court-justice-seeks-police-action/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2014-03-14

• Like 1

If u can intimidate the Justice system, then u can intimidate the law, and if the authorities allow that to happen, u will create a situation where lawlessness will rule and the kingdom will be destroyed for many years, and many will die. Including your children and the people you love.

Half the country doesn't appear to trust these courts

Yes because this people are not practicing to see independent justice in their country, they only know and cheer justice in order of power like all dictatorship country.....

• Like 1

Adul says he will need 45 days to look into the legal aspects of the complaint.

Just one more reason why the corrupt PTP, carefully guided and controlled by an overseas criminal fugitive has to be eliminated post-haste. Purge the country of this sewage scum and Thailand will stand a chance of sorting out its many ongoing problems.

• Like 2

If u can intimidate the Justice system, then u can intimidate the law, and if the authorities allow that to happen, u will create a situation where lawlessness will rule and the kingdom will be destroyed for many years, and many will die. Including your children and the people you love.

yes, the red half because the judges refuse to do what thaksin tells them too. Only simple minded fools would take the red side in this, the courts have a job to do and if they rule not in your favour you are supposed to accept it not threaten them as the ptp/reds do.

That's what The UDD are asking for and seem intent on doing!!

• Like 1

...many would say this has already happened....

• Like 2

There's seem to be a misconception by some people in Thailand that you can do whatever you like , this couldn't be further from the truth, everyone has a right , that right is freedom, without harassment, violence , intimidation or any other type of weird thing that some people seem to think is okay, judges are on the no no list, no where in a Democratic world would you find judges being threatened , when or if the reforms get moving ,the law covering these offences needs to be upgraded, lets get this clear, in a democracy you do not cramp someone else's space. Respect is the wordbah.gif

You forgot to mention the right to vote without intimidation.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Like 2

There's seem to be a misconception by some people in Thailand that you can do whatever you like , this couldn't be further from the truth, everyone has a right , that right is freedom, without harassment, violence , intimidation or any other type of weird thing that some people seem to think is okay, judges are on the no no list, no where in a Democratic world would you find judges being threatened , when or if the reforms get moving ,the law covering these offences needs to be upgraded, lets get this clear, in a democracy you do not cramp someone else's space. Respect is the wordbah.gif

Excellent post, I take it that if you were Thai you would not join Sutheps protesters.

• Like 1

Excellent post, I take it that if you were Thai you would not join Sutheps protesters.

I don't think that he is talking about the virtues of the reds somehow!!!

... and the "respect my vote" even AFTER it has been counted.

No he wasn't, maybe I should not have brought politics into this, it's just that everything Sichonsteve said could be said to the protesters.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

and the right to go shopping without harassment or kidnapping.. and the right to move freely in BKK... and the fundamental RIGHT you mention - right to vote FREELY and without INTIMIDATION that is the foundation of any democracy - how about the judges protecting THOSE rights???

yup and u wonder why? make them non-political and the trust would follow

No he wasn't, maybe I should not have brought politics into this, it's just that everything Sichonsteve said could be said to the protesters.

Just what is it I said exactly??

Sichonsteve, you said that everyone has the right to freedom without intimidation etc, which is spot on, and could have been aimed at the Protesters, I said that I should not have bought politics in to this, and neither I should, so you have my apologies.

Sichonsteve, you said that everyone has the right to freedom without intimidation etc, which is spot on, and could have been aimed at the Protesters, I said that I should not have bought politics in to this, and neither I should, so you have my apologies.

I think that you should direct any apologies at chainarong and not me!! But decent of you to apologise anywaysmile.png. Most posters wouldn't dream of doing this.

• Like 1