Are Farangs Allowed To Play The Lottery?

Michael W

I doubt it

I play it and thought about it.There is only one Thai in the country I would trust to collect for me(don't want taxes in my country).Yes one in the whole country.But don't worry the chances of winning big are slim and none.Remember when you could buy one ticket?Now you have to buy two.It doesn't increase the odds of you winning,just doubles the cost.I can't pick two numbers but I still buy when I see a ticket cut in half.It is a suckers game. :o:D:D

Hm, I think if a farang won the "big" price (big as in the biggest they offer which of course is peanuts compared to the European lotteries) I think they would find an excuse to not pay up. TIT :D

Got to agree here.I think it would be a cold day in hel_l that they let a farang win thier lottery... :o

I dont see why a farang cant win it? There is no reason why they wouldnt pay up, I think people just like to expect the worse from Thai's

The saying goes if a Thai was on his death bed and won the lottery he would go collect before trusting anybody to do it for him.I hope this answers your question,besides you just have a number give it to me I will collect for you. :o:D:D:D:D

They would be expected to donate a very large percentage to whomever it may concern. But if it were me with the winner, I'd let the missus cash it in and then spend 10k if she did a runner with it. :o

I dont see why a farang cant win it? There is no reason why they wouldnt pay up, I think people just like to expect the worse from Thai's

I do not expect the worst, just understand them...a little bit. :o

The saying goes if a Thai was on his death bed and won the lottery he would go collect before trusting anybody to do it for him.I hope this answers your question,besides you just have a number give it to me I will collect for you. :o:D:D:D:D

So your saying that you should never trust a thai person???

Hm, I think if a farang won the "big" price (big as in the biggest they offer which of course is peanuts compared to the European lotteries) I think they would find an excuse to not pay up. TIT :D

Got to agree here.I think it would be a cold day in hel_l that they let a farang win thier lottery... :o

Right up there alongside letting him own a few square meters of Thai Land :D:D:D

The saying goes if a Thai was on his death bed and won the lottery he would go collect before trusting anybody to do it for him.I hope this answers your question,besides you just have a number give it to me I will collect for you. :D:D:D:D:D

So your saying that you should never trust a thai person???

No,my prior posts said I trust one Thai.Actually I don't trust anybody. :o:D:D

Oh well, atleast your honest. As it can be a good thing to let it all out on the internet, Im sure it does make people feel better and talk to people that relate.

Ive never actually had a bad run in at LOS, but I dont live there to really know.

Oh well, atleast your honest. As it can be a good thing to let it all out on the internet, Im sure it does make people feel better and talk to people that relate.

Ive never actually had a bad run in at LOS, but I dont live there to really know.

well, I can assue you that I "don't let it all out on the net".this is just fun. :o

well, I can assue you that I "don't let it all out on the net".this is just fun. :o

My comment was also made in jest. However, it is a fact that all the rural poor, and most of the working class are obsessed with the lottery. My wife and her family and friends are screaming and laughing about it over the phone for hours and the villagers are glued to their tv screens every draw day. I have a few family members down for the day (about 6 adults) and I just did a straw poll on how they would react to a farang winning the jackpot - 30 to 30 million Baht. They were all horrified and wouldn't like it one tiny bit. "we're all poor! Why should a rich farang take our money?" is what they just asked me.

And you don't think the 'Powers that be' don't know this would be the general reaction?

And you don't think they wouldn't find some way of disqualifying the farang's winning number? Of course they would.

TIT :D

I play the UK Lottery every month on the internet - better odds, higher winnings, and arguably more honest. I receive an instant email of any winnings and the money is credited automatically to my bank account. Now that's what I call service. :D

I think they would pay up, they cant not give it to you.

We pay it at work all the time and we actually won second division, but too many of us play it and we only got a few grand. We play it everyweek without fail.

This week there is a huge 27 million and I hope we get a piece of that

So you don't really know, right?

Those of us who have lived here for years, we have no chance of knowing right?

So you don't really know, right?

Those of us who have lived here for years, we have no chance of knowing right?

You actually are spot on

Shoulda, woulda played the proverbial "99" in yesterday's lottery:

Lucky number 99 brings lottery joy, but not for the GLO

The two-digit winning number for yesterday's lottery draw was 99, an auspicious number reminiscent of His Majesty King Bhumibol Adulyadej who is the Ninth King of the Chakri Dynasty.

With the official grand celebrations to mark the 60th anniversary of His Majesty's accession to the throne set to begin next week, many lottery buyers had gambled on the number, hoping - in this case rightly - it would prove lucky.

An official said the Government Lottery Office (GLO) would have to pay out Bt380million in prizes to those who speculated on 99.

As soon as the announcer read out the two-digit winning number, the hall in which the numbers are drawn erupted. After all, this was the widely speculated number among lottery buyers.

"When combining all the prizes together, the GLO will have to pay out about Bt1.55 billion for the latest period, which represents a loss of Bt15 million," the official said.

More:

http://nationmultimedia.com/2006/06/02/nat...al_30005523.php

-----------------------------------------

oooooops... not often ANY lottery loses money... :o:D

why are you asking?
Why not? Isn't my question valid?

because its a question everyone should know.

You are such an annoying little boy sometimes... :D

... and extremely green on occasion, but a nice lad :o