Farm agrees to stop photos of kids with crocodiles

Lite Beer

The Sunday Nation

CHIANG MAI: -- Education Ministry permanent secretary Suthasri Wongsaman yesterday ordered a probe into an allegation circulating on the Internet on Friday relating to a Chiang Mai kindergarten taking children on a field trip and allowing kids to get close to crocodiles for photographs without adult supervision.

Suthasri said the ministry's inspector-general would visit the privately-run kindergarten to seek answers.

Suthasri said Office of the Private Education Commission (OPEC) chief Bandit Sriphutthangkul's initial enquiry with the school found that the field trip had taken place and kids had taken pictures with crocodiles. Bandit warned the school that it should not put children in harm's way even though a crocodile caretaker claimed it was safe.

Suthasri's office and the OPEC would later discuss the guideline and regulations for student safety during field trips, he said.

The Chiang Mai-based crocodile farm insisted the students were taking pictures with "well-trained" animals and there were crocodile caretakers present at the time. But the farm said later they would no longer allow children to be in photos with crocodiles.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-03-16

If you was able to ask a croc if it would rather live in the wild and hunt for its food or hang out in a croc farm and get fed by humans, what do you think it'd prefer??

The only SAFE way to make your croc handbag is from a farmed croc.

Edited by Mole

No crocs are 'trained'..... there is plenty of evidence out there where even the most expert croc handlers have been savaged by what they thought were 'trained' crocs.

You can NOT train a crocodile, you can just keep them fed and docile. But they still have instincts that no human can turn off.

• Like 1

I see not one shred of evidence about the size of the crocs. Perhaps they were only newborns. You all jumped to conclusions. But thats not unusual on TV.

here is one pic that they post on facebook, I don't see thoses crocodiles are new born but I am not a croc expert, i might be wrong ^^

598168.jpeg

• Like 1

I see not one shred of evidence about the size of the crocs. Perhaps they were only newborns. You all jumped to conclusions. But thats not unusual on TV.

Some of saw the pics in yesterdays thread showing the kids sitting on the crocs.

They weren't babies.

a croc is a reptile with a brain as big as a wallnut,how do you think a thai ( with half that brain) is going to train a croc?

A trained croc is a croc that smiles when i say "Cheese"

Never never smile at a crocodile....

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

the only SAFE crocodile is a HANDBAG ......

but they dont belong in farms any way you look at it ....mad.gif.pagespeed.ce.z6RtN005qs.gif

Obviously you have never been hit in the face with a crocodile handbag. That will sting.

Den

• Like 2

My daughter has some great photos with crocodiles,big and small...she also has photos with tigers....should tigers photos be banned too?...well,tell it to The Tiger Kingdom owners... tongue.pngsmile.png

...but I was there and I agree that schools should not be allow activities like that....

Edited by funcat

yes yes yes of course tigers are also lethal - but not as much as the vans I admit

at least with kids involved, let the idiot adults get mauled or worse as long as they get a proper warning first.

crocodile caretaker claimed it was safe

"well-trained" animals...

I have never...ever...heard of such an outrageous lack of common-sense...