help GF wants to go to Phuket for Songkran

kingstonkid

Personally I want to be able to get away and just be able to enjoy each other. No noise not rip off.

Kanchaburi interests me what is the tourist situation like? I have lived here to long to want to get into that rat race.

In the late 90's I seem to recall that you could take day trips out to islands get dropped off and picked up and their were at most 6 people on the island so you could relax and ot worry about others or sales people. Is that still possible and if so any idea of costs.

And NO I do not want to rent a jet ski.cheesy.gif

I am a great believer, if you fancy going somewhere, just go, make up your own mind when you are there, ..

i live in ''Phuket'' and i love it, it has everything that I want.... , but for others maybe not..

Different strokes for Different Folks....

For those that had constructive assistance than you

Robertthebruce is there anywhere to go on the island that is not heavy commercialized. I know there used to be the ability to get dropped off on ;quiet islands for a day. Is that possible.

I would really like to take a day and just relax on the beach no sales no great crowds.

Is ther anyone tht can tell me if it is possible to get around in Kanchaburi if you do nto have a car. If I go I would like to go to Erwan falls and stay for a little while. Just not sure how I would get back to hotel.

[quote name="kingstonkid" post="7571011" timestamp="

........... is there anywhere to go on the island that is not heavy commercialized. I know there used to be the ability to get dropped off on ;quiet islands for a day. Is that possible.

I would really like to take a day and just relax on the beach no sales no great crowds.....

With that brief I suggest you avoid Patong. I personally would suggest the beaches at Nay Yang, Nai Thon, Paradise & Tri Trang. Hire a car or bike rather the take a taxi, I'm sure all us Phuketians can give you any directions you need. Nai Harn is also quite nice.

There are some nice islands, try Raya island, or Kao Yai Yai, avoid Pee Pee (spelling deliberate) that you can do a day trip on via public ferry.

SDM

PS After a few years of Songran here I stay inside. They like to enjoy the festival here and the visiting farangs like to show that they can buy the biggest guns and generally go a bit crazy.

Edited by SDM0712

Robertthebruce is there anywhere to go on the island that is not heavy commercialized. I know there used to be the ability to get dropped off on ;quiet islands for a day. Is that possible.

I would really like to take a day and just relax on the beach no sales no great crowds.

Is ther anyone tht can tell me if it is possible to get around in Kanchaburi if you do nto have a car. If I go I would like to go to Erwan falls and stay for a little while. Just not sure how I would get back to hotel.

Go to one of the nothern beaches like Nai Yang, of head south to Ao Sane or Ya Nui. Both have nice and relaxed bungalows, really easy going.

Go to one of the nothern beaches like Nai Yang, of head south to Ao Sane or Ya Nui. Both have nice and relaxed bungalows, really easy going.

Ya Nui beach and Rawai are attractive but very high the crime there during the last 3-4 years.

Phuket has become a crazy island thanks for the Russian population, the corrupted officers and politicians, & of course the extremly money hunger of southerner attitude.

I must admit I've had relatively little recent experience of Phuket, but as for "quiet" islands where you could be dropped off I think that has long gone. Most of the places I used to enjoy from Krabi got invaded by Phuket hordes aeons ago.

K'buri though I still go to. Very easy to get around town, no need for a car. Songthaws and Samlaaws all around town plus lots of bicycles to hire, and it's an Ok place to ride. Buses to Erawan go hourly from the bus terminal.

If it helps to persuade your girlfriend Thai food is better,much better, and cheaper, oh so much cheaper than Phuket.