Cheapest way to get return flights to UK

Hi Guys,

My wife and I are looking to get return flights to the UK around the end of July and return 3 weeks later. We are flexible with exact dates.

Can anyone offer any hints on how to get flights for a reasonable price? Most are showing around 40000 tbh. We would prefer direct unless a significant saving and not too much extra hassle.

Do most of you use skyscanner? or book direct? Through agent?

Cheers

• Like 1

Just put a search into Google " cheapest airfares to the UK" one of the cheapest at the moment is MH Malaysian Airlines some direct flights at abot 40,000 Baht - but its probably cheaper to get a one way to England then purchase a return in the UK, Emirates are doing a 299 return via DBX Dubai about a 90 minute change over in Dubai or Doha from the UK .

KLM are quite cheep at the moment Via Amsterdam the beauty of their flights is that you can then go on from Schipol Amsterdam to any UK airport at no extra cost i.e BHX , MAN, NCL, LVP,almost any UK airport even some of the smaller ones Like Southampton, Any UK airport that has a KLM feeder .

• 3 weeks later...

^ what the stranger said. Pretty much the most user-friendly, all-options flight search engine* IMHO. The quotes they throw up are also a whole lot closer to the fares quoted on the airline websites than some of the 'legacy' fare-finders do.

* Note it is ONLY a search engine or fare-finder. You cannot book direct with them.

Try Sri Lankan . It is not direct but nice

Bangkok - London

23 July 2014! 23 from ฿12,120.00

London - Bangkok

13 August 2014 from ฿18,440.00

Selected dates

Depart: Wednesday, July 23

Return: Wednesday, August 13

฿30,560.00(Per passenger including taxes)

Try Sri Lankan . It is not direct but nice

Bangkok - London

23 July 2014! 23 from ฿12,120.00

London - Bangkok

13 August 2014 from ฿18,440.00

Selected dates

Depart: Wednesday, July 23

Return: Wednesday, August 13

฿30,560.00(Per passenger including taxes)

They have fast connections and slow overnight ones with normally a free night in a hotel nearby included. Up to the traveller which one they book. Depends on which day you fly also so move the day about if you don't see the good connection.

• Like 1

Your choice: I have spent two hours of less on each leg waiting for the next flight

Not that long but there is nothing to do at the airport

Nevertheless, it remains an excellent airline

• Like 1