Protesters may visit Thai Lottery Bureau to determine if prizes were fixed

webfact

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The students really need to get back to their studies and have their mind and outlook broadened.

Imagine believing that the outcome of something in Thailand might be fixed ! Just where do these ideas come from ?

History Books

Thais only read Kom-icks

I used to wonder why there was no Kindle books in Thai, then the penny dropped. Thais only read Kom-icks. Or Budddha stories (and Buddha comics.)

• Like 1

paranoia typical from the yellow fellows who can't help thinking that anything they don't win (which is absolutely nothing including elections and 'shutdowns') must be rigged cheesy.gif

Read the posts above Mr Redshirt. It has been rigged many times it the past. I do not know about the licence plate nonsense but the NON-use of the televised machine draw is very suspicious.

paranoia typical from the yellow fellows who can't help thinking that anything they don't win (which is absolutely nothing including elections and 'shutdowns') must be rigged cheesy.gif

Read the posts above Mr Redshirt. It has been rigged many times it the past. I do not know about the licence plate nonsense but the NON-use of the televised machine draw is very suspicious.

According to other posts, it is used. I,ve never seen it but there are ways of "fixing" certain of thos e"random draw" machines, I am told. Substituting the desired balls with others of the same number but a slightly different diameter or weight will "fix" some machines. There are bound to be other ways an old deerstalker/Vietnam vet/movie buff doesn't know about.

I've always wondered how much money is brought in on ticket sales on a fortnightly basis, as opposed to actual winner payouts. I can imagine that it would be pretty feeble payouts in comparison.

Edited by Garry

cheesy.gif a cunning plan... the PM uses a van so let's use THOSE numbers... clap2.gif and WHO won? was it the cunning PM? and of course TVF members have 'inside knowledge' it has been rigged in the past! so it must be true!!! cheesy.gif

• Like 1

The lottery should be a live TV program screened for each draw - the method for selecting the numbers should be the same as they do in the west - why should it be any different, oh wait !!! could it possibly be that near enough everything in Thailand must have a way to corrupt it and control it especially when it involves large sums of money - go figure

"the method for selecting the numbers should be the same as they do in the west - why should it be any different, oh wait !!! could it possibly be that near enough everything in Thailand must have a way to corrupt it and control it especially when it involves large sums of money - go figure"

So you're actually implying that the way things are done in the west is free of corruption? ... especially things involving large sums of money?

Have you been dozing during the recent global economic meltdown? ...during the recent LIBOR rate fixing revelations? ... the accusations regarding London precious metal price fixing? I'm not suggesting Thailand is free of corruption. Far from it. But the lament that if only things were more like they are in the west is beyond ridiculous.

bankers-should-be-jailed.jpg

bloomberg-how_to_keep_banks_from_riggingLibor-Scandal.jpg?fit=640%2C380

Edited by Suradit69

I watched the draw on TV on Sunday, what a rig marole. The have balls that they screw open to see what number ball is in there. And another dome with 10 balls in where a guy pulls one at a time out.

Why can they not have a large dome with the balls spinning in it and the dome has a ball exit that opens automatically to let a ball out, no one touches any thing, this is what happens in the New Zealand, Australian and UK lotto. In the Thai lotto they do so many moves it is confusing to say the least, I personally think it is rigged.

I remember reading from one of our own members here how every year their village has a 'special' visitor that comes around for some service (cant remember if it was food or fortune telling) and when they leave as payment they tell the service provider what number to punt on during the next lottery (so all the villagers do as well) and it always comes up, without fail.

Perhaps someone with a better memory than mine can put this right as I seem to remember a ' scandal ' some years ago when it was claimed the fix was in for a particular draw and that the numbers would be visible to anyone wearing special contact lenses !

According to other posts, it is used. I,ve never seen it but there are ways of "fixing" certain of thos e"random draw" machines, I am told. Substituting the desired balls with others of the same number but a slightly different diameter or weight will "fix" some machines. There are bound to be other ways an old deerstalker/Vietnam vet/movie buff doesn't know about.

I don't know anything about the Thai lottery but the one in the UK is televised but it needs more than that to prevent fixing. They use more than one machine and set of balls which are chosen at random plus there are adjudicators to monitor anything.

I wouldn't trust the one here as I've heard too many stories but I wouldn't take much notice of these students either unless they find something.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/677902-high-court-upholds-ruling-for-five-who-rigged-thai-lottery/

There have been a number of riggings over the years. But no real proof since 2001. For some reason: not winning, fascination with numerology, hatred of Yingluck, there have been fixing claims since she became PM. Pretty much anything from the air temperature during her visit to someplace, to her shoe size have been tied to the 2 digit number.

ERNIE
220px-ERNIE1_2012.JPG
magnify-clip.png
ERNIE 1.

ERNIE (which stands for Electronic Random Number Indicating Equipment) is a hardware random number generator. The first ERNIE was built at the Post Office Research Station by a team led by Sidney Broadhurst. The designers were Tommy Flowers[13] and Harry Fensom.[14] It was unveiled in 1957,[1] and generated its bond numbers based on the signal noise created by a bank of neon tubes. ERNIE 1 is currently on display at the Science Museum in London.

ERNIE 2 replaced the first ERNIE in 1972.[1]

ERNIE 3 was introduced in 1988 and was the size of a personal computer;[1] at the end of its life it took five and a half hours to complete its monthly draw.

In August 2004 ERNIE 4 was brought into service in anticipation of an increase in the number of prizes to be allocated each month from September 2004.[1] ERNIE 4 was developed by LogicaCMG, is 500 times faster than the original ERNIE and generates a million premium bond numbers an hour; these are then checked against a list of valid bonds to determine the winning bonds before any prizes are awarded. By comparison, the original ERNIE generated 2000 numbers an hour and was the size of a van.[1]

ERNIE 4 uses thermal noise in transistors as its source of entropy for generating true random numbers; the original ERNIE used a gas neon diode. Pseudorandom numbers, often called simply random, can be recreated by anybody who knows the algorithm used to generate them as they are produced in a deterministic way; true random numbers cannot. The randomness of ERNIE's numbers derives from the inherent and unavoidable random statistical fluctuations in the physical processes involved. ERNIE's output is independently tested each month by an independent actuary appointed by the government, and the draw is only valid if the output passes tests that indicate it is statistically random.

ERNIE, anthropomorphised in early advertising, regularly receives cards and letters from the general public. It is the subject of the song "E.R.N.I.E." by the band Madness, from the 1980 album Absolutely.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/ERNIE#ERNIE

In the U.K our EARNIE has been rattling out numbers for years in that grand monthly draw for a prize via ones premium bonds.The only human involvement it seems is a finger is used to press the start button to open the power supply, after that it's all ERNIES own work.

Perhaps the Thai system could do away with the human hand and then employ dexterous gorillas to select the winning number balls.

800-pound-gorilla1.jpg

Edited by siampolee

What surprises me is that the Yellows are able to so easily fool their "educated" followers with this hoodoo-voodoo, mumbo-jumbo superstitious nonsense. No such thing as coincidence, it must be a fix!

Mind you, there are many Republicans in Texas who do not believe in Evolution, only in Creationism, so perhaps I should not mock these sheep too loudly!

There are many rumours of massive theft from the lottery. There is no transparent accounting for it, so it is easy to pay out smaller prizes than should be and steal the profits that are supposed to go to the Treasury. It is also possible to rig the prize draws, as suggested here, and people have been arrested for doing this in the past. Thaksin set up the 3-digit lottery that was later declared illegal as a huge personal piggy bank. I don't know if the PDRC have enough inside information to know what to look for but have no doubt that the lottery is still hugely corrupt.

The lottery should be a live TV program screened for each draw - the method for selecting the numbers should be the same as they do in the west - why should it be any different, oh wait !!! could it possibly be that near enough everything in Thailand must have a way to corrupt it and control it especially when it involves large sums of money - go figure

It is showed live on TV.

Earlier I too presumed that it was rigged, but I have a problem seing how they would do it.

As you can actually see every ball being picked is random.

To avoid accusations, they should change the system so no human physical intervention is going on when the numbers are drawn.