Missing Russian woman found injured but alive in Phuket hotel room

webfact

Missing Russian woman found injured but alive in Phuket hotel room
Eakkapop Thongtub

1395021576_1.jpg
Ms Strizheus was taken to Thalang Hospital last night.

PHUKET: -- Missing Russian woman Yana Strizheus, feared kidnapped on Phuket, has been discovered injured but alive at a hotel room yesterday (March 16).

Ms Strizheus was found inside a hotel room yesterday by a maid with injuries to her neck and wrists. The maid called the police.

Ms Strizheus was taken to Thalang Hospital last night.

Police said at the moment Ms Strizheus was refusing to speak, and there were still no details about where her boyfriend Alexei Slabinskiy was.

A search began on Friday for the missing couple, who were feared kidnapped after a series of phone calls.

Early yesterday morning, a team of police and Russian embassy staff visited the couple's Kamala house, but found no-one at home, and no signs of foul play.

Russian citizen Mr Slabinskiy came to Phuket in April 2013 together with his girlfriend Ms Strizheus. The 39-old finance broker told friends and family that he was headed to Thailand for a holiday, and to learn Thai.

But their romantic life in Kamala may have turned into a nightmare on March 7 this year.

The Russian couple called their relatives claiming that they were in trouble in Phuket, and urgently needed USD100,000 to solve some unexpected problems. After the call, Aleksei’s and Yana’s cell phones went silent, and their concerned families raised the alarm.

Then, on Thursday, Yana called her sister in Russia and told her that she had been kidnapped.

“If I don’t arrive back in [the Russian city of] Vladivostok tomorrow, that means I’m already dead,” her sister quoted Yana as saying in a whisper.

According to the sister, the conversation lasted for only 30 seconds, and after that Yana’s phone went dead again.

The Russian Embassy in Bangkok, along with Royal Thai police and Russian-speaking police volunteers have already been informed about the case.

Kamala police officers confirmed to The Phuket News that an investigation into the missing couple’s whereabouts is already under way.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/missing-russian-girl-found-injured-but-alive-in-phuket-hotel-room-45182.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-03-17

• Like 1

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Police post bodyguard for Russian 'kidnap' victim
Phuket Gazette

1_201431715943320_kslyqihQgysmuGTKMdzqTL
Iana Strizheus was last seen by friends on March 7 and found yesterday evening in a hotel room in Cherng Talay. Photo: Supplied

PHUKET: -- Police have posted an around-the-clock guard outside the hospital room of the Russian woman who was found injured yesterday after having disappeared for nine days.

Friends say the woman, Iana Strizheus, 22, may have been the victim of a kidnapping.

Phuket Provincial Police Commander Ong-art Phiwruangnont visited Ms Strizheus at Bangkok Hospital Phuket last night.

“We don’t know how Ms Strizheus was injured, but given the circumstances, we are taking the precaution of posting a guard at her room,” Maj Gen Ong-art said.

Ms Strizheus and her Russian boyfriend Alexey Slabinskiy, 39, were last seen by friends on March 7 and reported missing to the police on March 12.

Ms Strizheus was found by a maid at the Blue Garden Resort and Spa at about 6pm yesterday. Police found her lying on the bed in a guestroom with deep cuts to her neck and right wrist.

On the bed were dried blood, clothes, bottles of beer and a pack of washing powder. Ripped Thai currency was also found in the room. There was no sign of Mr Slabinskiy.

“Their friends told us that last Thursday, the couple called relatives in Russia to ask for money,” said Kamala Police Superintendent ML Pattanachak Jakkapan.

“They said they had financial problems and needed US$100,000.”

That money was not transferred, Col ML Pattanachak added.

“Friends and relatives could not contact the couple by telephone after that day,” he added.

Last Friday, Ms Strizheus checked into the hotel.

Yesterday morning, police and relatives went to the house in Kamala that the couple had been renting since April last year.

“Their friends said they came here to travel and rented a house,” Col ML Pattanachak said.

“No one was at the house, but everything appeared in order. There were no signs of disturbance.”

Ms Strizheus has not responded to initial questioning by police.

“She did not say anything to us. Her eyes were unfocused and she appeared to be in shock. We will question her again after she is released from the hospital,” he said.

Source: http://www.phuketgazette.net/phuket_news/2014/Police-post-bodyguard-for-Russian-kidnap-victim-27866.html

pglogo.jpg
-- Phuket Gazette 2014-03-17

• Like 1

Did the police check her passport yet. Been in Thailand long time maybe overstay or fake passport.

I had a friend who stayed for nearly a year on tourist visas from Laos, she only left because her income from home would have stopped, she had two double-entry tourist visas, with the 30-day extensions each visa gave her 6 months....

I just hope she will recover and that her bf will be found safely,... seems like they ended up associating with some bad elements, ...

I'm not a very intelligent fellow but I know a little of Thailand and I find it interesting that she does not want to talk to the police.

I wonder why?????

Some of the longer term members may understand my question.

Possibilities,perhaps:

Mental trauma.

Threatened not to talk.

Told not to talk by family, Russian authorities, etc.

Collusion .

All, or none of these are possibilities. Come up with others if you wish.

Me, I'm glad she is okay and hope the case is solved and arrests made.

Edited by Benmart

“If I don’t arrive back in [the Russian city of] Vladivostok tomorrow, that means I’m already dead,” her sister quoted Yana as saying in a whisper."

<removed> ------No...Wrong again.

Edited by LivinginKata
forum language is English

Hmmm Who knows? Not anyone that wants to speak.... I did notice the liberal use of the word "kidnap". I think the rule here in Thailand is that if farang, you can be kidnapped. If Thai, you are "Captured", as in the spokeswoman the other day. Glad we had these two examples to straighten us out. We already know about dual usages of "suicide".

She was wrong, wasn't going to be dead or on a return flight to Russia.

These injuries are self inflicted no doubt about it. Storyline goes, move to Thailand and make money, they used it all, yaba or whatever and didn't have the money to pay the deale. Now being chased by her own lot. It infuriates me that a team off people, ambulance, medical etc are expected to clean up the patient with care and attention-then she refuse to speak,.wonder if she said thank you.

• Like 2

I'm not a very intelligent fellow but I know a little of Thailand and I find it interesting that she does not want to talk to the police.

I wonder why?????

Have we been reduced to speaking in hushed tones...camouflaging the truth...smoke and mirrors...hoping someone knows what we are talking about...? What is wrong with this picture?

I wonder why?????

Given her silence, she is most probably in a state similar to that of ‘double-jeopardy’

This is not really a defence that can be used in a civil law society and, in the end, if she does not cooperate with police she can probably expect to be charged and deported herself, if the hush game continues.

• Like 1

i have never read so much rubbish from all you armchair detectives . Why don't you wait until the injured woman has a chance to speak to the Authorities.

Nice of Phuket news to advertise which hospital she was in , the people who could possibly do her any harm would appreciate that information.

• Like 2