Jeremy Clarkson accused of 'racism' during Top Gear series finale in Thailand

webfact

edited

Clarkson's constant negative comments on any car not made in the EU is well known. The episode when they drove through the southern states in America with stupid, demeaning, uncalled for, childish, and even dangerous statements painted on their choice of vehicles is a prime example (though not the only instants). Their trips across wherever are always filled with quips from him about how those countries were or would be better off if they were in the "Empire". They simply indicate the show's and/or Clarkson's disdain for anyone other than themselves and their ratings. If you want more examples... just read any of his books.

However, the worst thing is the fact that they actually thought that building a bridge across the River Kwai was a good idea! Given the fact that thousands died doing just that during the Second World War was simply... reprehensible! How dare they! This is a moment in history that should not be made into a segment where the producer is hoping for a laugh from Clarkson. Maybe a better idea would have been for them to take the show to Jordon to the refugee camp there (or any of the others filled with people fleeing Syria) and done something worthwhile!!!

Clarkson... come on... grow up! You are not 20 or 30 something anymore and do not represent the vast majority of your viewers. You should consider yourself lucky you still have a job, for when you stared on the show, you were terrible (I am old enough to remember). To the production company.. you too should grow up and see that you have far greater responsibility to the viewers.

So all concerned should be held accountable for their actions and the production company should remember that he is not the only one out there who can do the job... and in a far better way.

ha ha, that was the one i like. those statements were neither demeaning nor dangerous. they are like someone writing clean me, or putting a sticker on the car like shit happens or child on board.

in poor taste the bridge? perhaps, but that does not stop the hollywoods making up their own version of history which is even more reprehensible, ha ha ha that the us won the 2ns world war lol, next we will find out that the tarantino version is considered closer to the truth.

look the war happened, thailand got over it, they even dress up in nazi uniforms, even the germans have forgotten about it, despite attempts to change that. not even the japanese are that worred with statements about how comfort women are a human right or something for soldiers

You missed my point... but never mind.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Never heard of Slope before. What is all this high voltage BS though do find jc an obnoxious self opinionated tossa that believes he is the second coming of JC the main man.

Just my view.

Would it be against forum rules if I pass this thread on to JC himself?

I would love to read his next witty report in The Guardian after he has read all 27 pages of this thread.

I can post it here so we can get another 30+ pages of arguments out of it.

This topic proves one thing, other topics to post about must be boring, if it can collect this amount of pages.

A thousand words used everyday must be racist, but this has to attract ???? did the man refer to the slope as if it was relating to an Asian ???

For gods sake, I have not wasted my view on something that was not directed to or about a person. Just going to get a black coffee. SORRY--A DARK COLOURED ONE.................Stupid.

Edited by ginjag

Or would you rather pretend to be leaving because you think it'll make you look good, then post the longest post you've submitted so far on this thread, and close it by insisting that I don't reply to it? I mean, obviously either one demonstrates unimpeachable debating skill...

You on the other hand have done little in your 50+ posts apart from demonstrate unimpeachable mass-debating skill cheesy.gif.pagespeed.ce.HaOxm9--Zv.gif

Whoa, AWESOME comeback! Ouch! That stings! If I'd known you were going to break out the puns, followed by emoticons laughing at your own puns, I never would have entered into a debate with you. You're just too powerful to overcome. You're an intellectual powerhouse, and a rampaging wit to boot. I didn't realise, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I'm not worthy. Probably you've spent years on the comedy circuit honing your material to lampoon pour suckers like me who stumble into your despicably witty web.

I'm simply never going to get over this one.

FYI, if you want to actually address any of the points I made, or answer the two questions I proposed about your comments, or talk about the part where I directly quoted you so everyone could see the things you claimed never to have said, now's probably the time... unless you're too busy thinking of puns...

Edited by bpai lamkhamhaeng mai kaab

Whoa, AWESOME comeback! Ouch! That stings! If I'd known you were going to break out the puns, followed by emoticons laughing at your own puns, I never would have entered into a debate with you. You're just too powerful to overcome. You're an intellectual powerhouse, and a rampaging wit to boot. I didn't realise, I'm sorry. Please forgive me. I'm not worthy. Probably you've spent years on the comedy circuit honing your material to lampoon pour suckers like me who stumble into your despicably witty web.

I'm simply never going to get over this one.

FYI, if you want to actually address any of the points I made, or answer the two questions I proposed about your comments, or talk about the part where I directly quoted you so everyone could see the things you claimed never to have said, now's probably the time... unless you're too busy thinking of puns...

Give it a rest--Please.

You know you're not being forced too look at this page right? I'll stop replying to racism apologists when they stop defending racism. Tell them to give THAT a rest . I notice you didn't ask douchebag to give it a rest when his response to me asking him to defend himself was a one line pun about masturbating.

My post was directed to the posters who still continue to keep the out of date post open. My earlier post spoke about it.

I am not here to instruct, it was a plea really.

It nearly looks like people are wanting to accrue as many posts as possible. Come on was the SLOPE word used directly at an Asian ??? if no then the whole blown out of proportion topic is near pointless. UNLESS we keep it open eternally just for racist non racist rants. PROVE IT WAS SAID FOR A RACIST REMARK.... it's in the mind, whatever you want to think. Clarkson is one of those LOVED/HATED type of person, hence the reaction.

Edited by ginjag

Its one thing to tell a joke amongst a couple of your friends, but to do it in front of 20 million or so people is unacceptable.

Both wrong--But we all do it or have done it.

Question being WAS it directed with the intent of slurring Asian ??

If it was and shown to be so, then it is wrong. About Clarksons reputation for remarks similar, I do not condone them I should think the TV channel concerned should put a stop to it. If not give someone else to run the program.

Of course Clarkson was making a joke about the person on the bridge. That's his type of humour and I don't think that people should be calling him racist. Many of these types of terms are meant in jest and not meant to be derogatory. If he wasn't making a joke he would have said "the bridge is on a slant" because "slope" is usually used when talking about the ground. This stuff is getting out of hand and the only winners would be lawyers as usual. "Top Gear" without Clarkson's style of humour wouldn't be "Top Gear".

But he would have been derided for saying "slant". Slanty eyes, slitty eyes, sloping eyes. Just nicknames....sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me! Years and years of the do gooding, PC fascists was one reason I left the UK. For gods sake, if you dare fly the national flag on your house, you will be told to take it down by the authorities and you will be labelled as rascist.FACT!!!

I find Clarkson to be very funny and like watching and reading his work. I think Oprah Winfrey is a load of crap so I ignore anything she says or does. Just hate the PC brigade trying to control and regulate every miniscule part of our lives and the way they make mountains out of molehills.

Keep up the good work Top Gear.

Fckin right you're not, I don't associate with fact-averse neophytes who defend racist slurs and accuse those who disagree with them of being disingenuous (as trolls are), as if anyone could only oppose such bone idle stupid tosh as has been spouted here as some kind of pretence. Google civil rights movement.

Maybe you should google blasphemy dear boy based on your earlier remarks

I'm alright thanks Soutpeel, I'm quite well read as it is, and being a humanitarian atheist I couldn't give the slightest toss about blasphemy. If you assumed that my idiomatic exclamation CHRIST ALIVE had been intended to indicate that Christ was indeed literally alive, I can only... um... I can only... suggest seeking professional help?

Do you think we could we leave 'JC' out of this? By 'JC' I mean of course Jesus Christ not Jeremy Clarkson.

The only thing they have in common is that both look like they'll end up being crucified.

But Clarkson will rise again.

I agree with Bpai that racism is a problem that continues to need addressing and if anyone should understand that it is the white people in Britain who according to the Commission for Racial Equality are the most common victims of racial attacks in the UK, followed by those of Asian descent and then black people.

We are all the same race...... human.

I not miss any opportunity to see TOP GEAR here in TH.

A storm in a water glass, that discussion!rolleyes.gif

I still wait that Piers Morgan comes as a guest to TOP GEAR. tongue.png

http://www.theguardian.com/media/2004/mar/17/mediamonkey.pressandpublishing

I'd rather see Jeremy Clarkson on Piers Morgan before he gets dropped by CNN.

Edited by laobali

If Jeremy Clarkson ever gets on Piers Morgan's show he will be dropped by CNN. biggrin.png

Posts and replies in violation of forum rules have been removed:

7) Respect fellow members by posting in a civil manner: do not launch personal attacks, or be hateful or insulting towards other members, ie No flaming

8) Do not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities or to incite useless arguments by avoiding troll activity.

9) Do not post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants, or trolling.Trolling can be defined as the act of purposefully antagonizing other people on the internet by posting controversial, inflammatory, irrelevant or off-topic messages with the primary intent of provoking other users into an emotional response or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.

I had decided not to watch the current series but now I have changed my mind. It just shows that bad publicity works.

P.S. Like every other English person I have asked I had never heard the term used like this.

Right, but it IS a racial slur, a primarily American one, which a quick google search will tell you, and I'm British and I was aware of it, and so is Jeremy Clarkson.

You guys are like bargain basement Orwellian villains. You say things, deny saying them, then when presented with what you said in writing you go quiet or talk about something. You sling mud at the people who disagree with you ("I'm right and I know it so if you disagree you must be a troll") and suggest looking up the definition of your insults, then when the definition doesnt fit you mentally erase words from it and just pretend it fits!

Quote my entire post about the definition of a troll, no words erased, I dare you.

"No, I won't sink to your, give it a rest, you're pathetic, blah blah lie blah lie blah lie".

You will not sink??? you have sunk---you said your piece 10 times more than most, and I do take your point, but not to just accrue posts. If you read my posts You ill see that there is no need for most of this rubbish once you have aired your views. This topic is way over the top if you want it to be, or matterless if you want it to be, the world will not change, we will always have racism.

How many sentences have you posted on the subject, as you say Bla Bla Bla. I said give it a rest to most of the posters as it is going on and on.

The TV channel concerned should edit, and warn Clarkson if he is thought to have made a racist remark.

"we will always have racism." - this is presumably based on your own ideas of racism but you choose to ignore history. In reality racism has not always existed and therefore there is no precedent to suggest that it should continue ad infinitum

If Jeremy Clarkson ever gets on Piers Morgan's show he will be dropped by CNN. biggrin.png

Fait accompli. His CNN show finishes on March 28 due to low ratings.

My post was directed to the posters who still continue to keep the out of date post open. My earlier post spoke about it.

I am not here to instruct, it was a plea really.

It nearly looks like people are wanting to accrue as many posts as possible. Come on was the SLOPE word used directly at an Asian ??? if no then the whole blown out of proportion topic is near pointless. UNLESS we keep it open eternally just for racist non racist rants. PROVE IT WAS SAID FOR A RACIST REMARK.... it's in the mind, whatever you want to think. Clarkson is one of those LOVED/HATED type of person, hence the reaction.

PROVE it was racist... you're ridiculous. Anyone familiar with Clarkson should be able to see the intent in the comment, he makes his career on these kinds of comments. But for the billionth time - this isnt about Clarkson. This is about the outrageous racism displayed on this thread by members of this forum in support of Clarkson's stupid quip. The n****r jokes, the chink comments, the allusions to rights-for-whites politics, calling the Thai government a bunch of slopes, barracking against multiculturalism. All of that has been embarrassing and appalling, and thats why this has run to 28 pages, its why I'm not dropping it, and you're on the wrong side of this if you're agreeing with the n****r joke tellers.

THIS IS NOT ABOUT CLARKSON. THIS IS ABOUT ALL OF YOU.

Have you never said anything relating to racism ??? have you never used a racist remark, I believe we all have sometimes not knowing it.

Unless it is in your head/system (hate) that is a different story. People using race/hate remarks as near everyday speech should hold their tongues.

Some religions preach this hate, others are schooled to hate others, Most good parents will correct any bad mouthing at an early age. But most persons on the planet are racist in some form or other. Most slurs are spoken behind the backs of the ones they are meant for.

Surely you are not suggesting the comments on top gear were by ACCIDENT?????

It was a carefully orchestrated scene, including the pause before Hammond replies, clearing up any ambiguity some viewers might have read into it.

It was classic Clarkson, but there was no real racist intent; it was a play on words to raise a laugh (or groan); if some chose to take exception, the problem is in their own minds.

There are a few of these PC fanatics about – mostly on Thaivisa it seems.

But he would have been derided for saying "slant". Slanty eyes, slitty eyes, sloping eyes. Just nicknames....sticks and stones may break my bones, but names will never hurt me! Years and years of the do gooding, PC fascists was one reason I left the UK. For gods sake, if you dare fly the national flag on your house, you will be told to take it down by the authorities and you will be labelled as rascist.FACT!!!

I find Clarkson to be very funny and like watching and reading his work. I think Oprah Winfrey is a load of crap so I ignore anything she says or does. Just hate the PC brigade trying to control and regulate every miniscule part of our lives and the way they make mountains out of molehills.

Keep up the good work Top Gear.

You've unwittingly given the UK a 5 star review there mate. We've successfully made living in the UK so uncomfortable for ignorant antiquated bigoted old farts that they're literally FLEEING THE CONTINENT! I've never been so proud to be British smile.pngsmile.pngsmile.png thumbs up!!!

FYI, I worked in pubs in Brighton for 5 years (most liberal city in the country, another thing I've super proud of). There was a notorious pub on Upper Lewes Road called the Martha Gunn. It flew the flag of St George, inside and out, and it was a meeting place for both the EDL and the BNP. It was notorious for refusing service to non-whites, and for the atrocious acts of racially motivated violence that occassionally happened there. When I lived in Canterbury there was a whole street of fanatics who'd erected flagpoles in their front gardens, from which flew the flag of St George. In the pub at the end of the road, again, non-whites were unwelcome, and when a mixed race friend of mine haplessly ventured in there one afternoon he was told, and I quote, "they don't serve nignogs in here mate, <deleted> off before you get your head kicked in". He was 19. THAT'S THE KIND OF PEOPLE, unfortunately, who feel the need to flaunt our national flag, much like American rednecks and their adoration of the stars and stripes.

On the other hand, no-one told either that street of f**kwits or the owners of the Martha Gunn to remove the flags. So you're talking out of your arse.

Edited by bpai lamkhamhaeng mai kaab

Some of Clarkson's best:-

"Have yourselves a black cock on me."

"black Muslim lesbians"

“Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That’s a lot of effort in a day."

“one-eyed Scottish idiot".
Clarkson branded Mexicans “lazy”, “feckless” and “flatulent”

Some of Clarkson's best:-

"Have yourselves a black cock on me."

"black Muslim lesbians"

“Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That’s a lot of effort in a day."

“one-eyed Scottish idiot".
Clarkson branded Mexicans “lazy”, “feckless” and “flatulent”

Lets quote the full text;'s of some of these and others, which are considered 10 of his most infamous "quotes"

1. February 2011, The Mexicans When Hammond compared Mexican cars to the nation's people, saying: "a lazy, feckless, flatulent oaf with a moustache, leaning against a fence asleep", Clarkson replied that they wouldn't receive a complaint because: "at the Mexican embassy, the ambassador is going to be sitting there with a remote control like this [snores]. They won't complain, it's fine." They complained.
  2. August 2010 - Special Needs While discussing a pair of Ferrari's, Jeremy said one of them was a "simpleton" that should be called the "430 Speciale Needs". The National Autistic Society took offence to that one.
  3. July 2012 - Burkas and Lingerie While on the topic of distracted driving, Clarkson came out with: "Honestly, the burka doesn't work. I was in a cab in Piccadilly the other day when a woman in a full burka crossing the road in front of me tripped over the pavement, went head over heels and up it came, red g-string and stockings."
  4. November 2008 - Lorry Drivers Always happy to tick off the working class, Clarkson compared truck drivers to a British serial killer: "Change gear, change gear, change gear, check mirror, murder a prostitute, change gear, change gear, murder. That's a lot of effort in a day." There were many complaints to the BBC over that one and an MP asked that he be fired.
  5. April 2007 - Perodua Kelisa The Malaysian government took offence to Jeremy blowing up one of these cars that was built in their country by "jungle people who wear leaves as shoes" and saying the name sounded like a disease.
  6. December 2005 - The Germans In a now legendary segment, Clarkson gave a Nazi salute during a Top Gear episode about BMW and said their sat-nav "Only goes to Poland".
  7. February 2009 - Gordon Brown A bit of politician bashing is nothing new, but when Clarkson called the Brit PM "one-eyed Scottish idiot", the Beeb received many complaints about the Scottish idiot part. Not so many about the one-eyed bit.
  8. October 2009 - Black Muslim Lesbians This one was in the Top Gear magazine as Clarkson complained about TV programmers wanting "black muslim lesbians" on shows to balance out the white heterosexual males that dominate Brit tele. Not surprisingly, this offended many.
  9. July 2008 - Drink Driving In a classic move, Clarkson and May enjoyed a gin and tonic while driving to the North Pole. Jezzah justified it by saying they weren't on a road. He actually did get in trouble for this one, from the governing body that oversees the BBC.
  10. October 2007, Smoking Jezzah offended anti smoking folks by lighting up a Porsche branded pipe during an episode of Top Gear. They accused him of breaking the law for smoking inside the studio.