Yingluck goes to work despite torn ligament

webfact

Next will be the million baht compo claimcheesy.gif

LOL. The van manufacturer must be worried about this. Perhaps a claim for criminal damages resulting in the arrest without bail of the Japanese CEO. The country must have lost billions as a result of the distraction of the PM's superhuman brainpower for a few minutes to get extensive injuries treated. I wonder if Angela Merkel has sued the manufacturer of her skis, the owner of the ski resort etc.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She's so brave but for some reason I keep thinking about that guy in the wheelchair in 'Little Britain'. rolleyes.gif

Anyway, hopefully we will see one of those reassuring little winks from Her Excellency very soon to show the faithful that everything is really OK after all. smile.png

Edited by bigbamboo
  • Like 1

It is quite possible that she damaged her ankle and that her continued use of it exacerbated the original injury.

As none of the people spewing hate on this thread are in a position to diagnose her condition, nor have the competence and skills to allow them to pass judgement, the comments are just another example of the absolute hatred they hold.

Rather sad to have so much hate.

Please tell us about the love she has for anyone other than her clan. She has more than earned the hatred many have for her and her brother. Get real!

• Like 2

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It is quite possible that she damaged her ankle and that her continued use of it exacerbated the original injury.

As none of the people spewing hate on this thread are in a position to diagnose her condition, nor have the competence and skills to allow them to pass judgement, the comments are just another example of the absolute hatred they hold.

Au Contraire, rather sad to have such faith and support in someone who has brought this country to the point of bankruptcy by systemic corruption and mismanagement only to try and further the wealth and position of her family.

So GK is that a bandage you would expect on a torn ligament in the ankle? Should the Doctor not be sacked for applying that bandage, which will do nothing? The bandage should be below knee to just before toes, not forgetting that important part in between...the ankle. Come on, you know in your heart, the first admittance of disappointment in her will be the worst, you will find it easier after that ;)

• Like 2

Strange.

Torn ligament, yet she did not walk with a limp directly after it happened.

The video clearly sees her walking with no pain after the fall.

So this is clearly a BS publicity stunt.

That is how desperate they are now.

DESPERATE!!

But she managed to fool the suckers at least.

• Like 2

Has her wheelchair maybe also a serial number?

There is one positive aspect to this story. Perhaps the damaged Yingluck (badluck) may now have some empathy for the wheelchair-bound grannies that moonao, fab4 and some of the other reddies are always mentioning when the subject turns to Suthep.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Au Contraire, rather sad to have such faith and support in someone who has brought this country to the point of bankruptcy by systemic corruption and mismanagement only to try and further the wealth and position of her family.

So GK is that a bandage you would expect on a torn ligament in the ankle? Should the Doctor not be sacked for applying that bandage, which will do nothing? The bandage should be below knee to just before toes, not forgetting that important part in between...the ankle. Come on, you know in your heart, the first admittance of disappointment in her will be the worst, you will find it easier after that wink.png

post-9891-0-81831300-1395212635_thumb.jp

Thai caretaker (oxymoron) P.M. Yingluck has sworn to die on the field defending democracy. Her present minor injuries were received when exiting

her deluxe Volkswagen van while en route to ca noodle in Chiang Mai recently

Get well soon YL and back on court soon as possible..

Next will be the million baht compo claimcheesy.gif

LOL. The van manufacturer must be worried about this. Perhaps a claim for criminal damages resulting in the arrest without bail of the Japanese CEO. The country must have lost billions as a result of the distraction of the PM's superhuman brainpower for a few minutes to get extensive injuries treated. I wonder if Angela Merkel has sued the manufacturer of her skis, the owner of the ski resort etc.

Fortunately for Toyota's CEO, this particular van vas ein Volkswagen with the lucky numbers so many people got excited about..

So, what does a not-so-caretaking PM normally do that it can be said that "Even though I have a torn ligament, I will continue doing my work,"?

Will Ms. Yingluck stop her election campaign and finally do some work? Is she still chairwoman of the National Rice Committee ? Will she have time for the NACC?

Temporarily ??? measured in decades or centuries?

I meant temporary as opposed to permanent. I have great hopes for Thailand being a prosperous and successful democracy in the future. But not in my lifetime, lol. But all the pieces are there already, all it needs now is a leader who can focus on putting them together. I don't share the view of some people that Thailand is corrupt by nature, as though it were DNA corruption or something. Corruption is a response to economic desperation, and also is caused by the option of breaking laws with impunity. If you satisfy the economic needs of people, and regulate harshly against corruption, crime no longer becomes a worthwhile option. I believe that with the right leadership and given enough time (multiple generations) this nation can crawl out of its current impasse and become hugely successful and calm.

Edited by Yunla

I guess you have never had a sprained or twisted ankle before but there are enough of us that have to be able to know from experience that she did not show any signs of an injury on the video showing her getting out of the van.

IF her injury is serious enough to need a wheelchair she did not get it in that video. The only possibility is that she got an injury later and no video has been shown of it happening.

Based on my experience of sports injuries to myself there is no way she walked with a torn ligament and even a sprained ankle would have shown pain on her face and caused her to walk with a limp.

Maybe she could have endured a slightly twisted ankle with no outward sign of the injury but there is no way that would require a wheelchair a few days later.

• Like 2

It is just a matter of time before she is caught wandering around out of the wheel chair.

If anybody else could comment the bandage (s) do not appear to be the supportive application that one would need for a torn ligament, they just appear to have been randomly wrapped around her ankle once. Dare one say...for show, certainly not what is required medically for a torn ligament. In order to offer the correct support a bandage would have to go on the principle of 'joint to joint', so would be required in this case to go effectively from the start of her toes around the foot, around the ankle up the leg to below her knee. There will be a photo of correct procedure out there somewhere.

I don't care how many joints you covered this type of bandage would not suffice for a torn ligament. Not unless you put so many on and wrapped them so tight that the blood circulation would stop.

For a sprained ankle this type of bandage would be wrapped from the middle of the foot to about 4 inches above the ankle.

That has been my experience from high school sports any way.

• Like 2

So, what does a not-so-caretaking PM normally do that it can be said that "Even though I have a torn ligament, I will continue doing my work,"?

Will Ms. Yingluck stop her election campaign and finally do some work? Is she still chairwoman of the National Rice Committee ? Will she have time for the NACC?

I don't know but I have a slight feeling that unless there is a 'ramp' for wheelchairs and disabled people at the courts, Yingluck will not be showing up to hear the next stage of the corruption charges, in fact this will be the excuse for another delay. I can only hope the chief Judge ordered the building of a concrete ramp up the steps to the court house today.

• Like 1

Temporarily ??? measured in decades or centuries?

I meant temporary as opposed to permanent. I have great hopes for Thailand being a prosperous and successful democracy in the future. But not in my lifetime, lol. But all the pieces are there already, all it needs now is a leader who can focus on putting them together. I don't share the view of some people that Thailand is corrupt by nature, as though it were DNA corruption or something. Corruption is a response to economic desperation, and also is caused by the option of breaking laws with impunity. If you satisfy the economic needs of people, and regulate harshly against corruption, crime no longer becomes a worthwhile option. I believe that with the right leadership and given enough time (multiple generations) this nation can crawl out of its current impasse and become hugely successful and calm.

"Corruption is a response to economic desperation"

I don't agree with this. The most corrupt are the people that already have money and power.

The people that are subject to "economic desperation" are not in a position to be corrupt.

Face it. the higher your position the higher your salary and the greater your opportunities to be corrupt.

• Like 1