Are thai people the most illogical people you have ever met?

advancebooking

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hanging with some "first Australians" camping out in the bush around when Ayer's Rock was handed over.

Now there were some illogical fellas.

Actually once you got to know the score, there was a version of logic there, but it wasn't western.

Same applies to the Thais, it does start to make sense once you understand their priorities don't match ours.

So then they must not want all the western things right ?

Advancebooking; your life must be very problematic and stressful in Thailand.

I wonder how you manage to cope with it all, day by day? Have you tried yoga or perhaps in your case even take up smoking or drink to help you relax and chill out a bit?

Maybe "soapie" would help him ?

• Like 1

Don't know what that has to do with cultural and thought process differences.

Are you trying to claim that western goods should be withheld from people who don't accept our cultural-imperial imperatives?

Really?

I don't think the western firms marketing globally would agree. . .

• Like 2

Hanging with some "first Australians" camping out in the bush around when Ayer's Rock was handed over.

Now there were some illogical fellas.

Actually once you got to know the score, there was a version of logic there, but it wasn't western.

Same applies to the Thais, it does start to make sense once you understand their priorities don't match ours.

Luk Kreung's win every time. Same with KPop or JPop.

on the other hand, farangs are the naive, laughing stock in serveral neighborhoods I know of. It has to do with how quickly and illogically they give their entire savings to the gal down the street who has been hooking farangs in Pattaya for 3 years. She has about six of em on the hook............ lol Now thats darn illogical! whistling.gif

Naive more...not illogical....it would be if they knew about the womens mischief.

OP, illogical they may be but all your examples point to stupidity and ignorance rather than lack of logic.

Here is my two bit story.

About 2 years ago I was bitten by a dog on a public beach. For the first time in my life. I never was before afraid of the dogs and I'm not afraid of them now.

But this was a special case. It was a pack of 8 dogs, they ran out of one beach property and were running around me in a perfect circle barking until the leader darted in and bit me.

I got really mad because a young Thai woman came to the edge of the property and was calmly watching the attack.

I went back to my condo, had a guard take me to a local Police station by his bike and made a statement describing the situation, the dog that bit me, the property etc.

Police wrote it down, took me in their car to that property we all saw these 8 dogs and the owner. After this they took me to my condo and advised to get injections at a hospital.

All was peachy nice. I got 5 trips to the hospital, 5 injections and put it out of my mind.

Now to the point:

The owners statements to Police in my presence were

- these are not my dogs;

- my daughter saw you play with my dogs on the beach;

- you shouldn't have entered my property;

- I am a poor man (cannot pay for treatment);

- OK, I will put this dog down.

This is a story that proves him to be a liar and an illogical one.

As to all Thais - I do not know, I have been bitten only once.

My gut feeling goes with your statement - Thais are ready to lie anytime and those without proper education must be illogical.

• Like 2

All of your personal examples show nothing of the kind.

- the like shop owner was within his rights not to have wear and tear put in a bike which he has no guarantee of being bought, apart from an idiot flashing cash about implying he would.

- the bus driver was playing it safe. And he gets criticised for it?

- as for the campers, you were in a public place, in which case, they are within their rights to camp there too. But I guess they met you, and hightailed it.....which judging by your post, sounds like a perfectly logical thing to do.