Are thai people the most illogical people you have ever met?

advancebooking

• Replies 380
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, illogical they may be but all your examples point to stupidity and ignorance rather than lack of logic.

Here is my two bit story.

About 2 years ago I was bitten by a dog on a public beach. For the first time in my life. I never was before afraid of the dogs and I'm not afraid of them now.

But this was a special case. It was a pack of 8 dogs, they ran out of one beach property and were running around me in a perfect circle barking until the leader darted in and bit me.

I got really mad because a young Thai woman came to the edge of the property and was calmly watching the attack.

I went back to my condo, had a guard take me to a local Police station by his bike and made a statement describing the situation, the dog that bit me, the property etc.

Police wrote it down, took me in their car to that property we all saw these 8 dogs and the owner. After this they took me to my condo and advised to get injections at a hospital.

All was peachy nice. I got 5 trips to the hospital, 5 injections and put it out of my mind.

Now to the point:

The owners statements to Police in my presence were

- these are not my dogs;

- my daughter saw you play with my dogs on the beach;

- you shouldn't have entered my property;

- I am a poor man (cannot pay for treatment);

- OK, I will put this dog down.

This is a story that proves him to be a liar and an illogical one.

As to all Thais - I do not know, I have been bitten only once.

My gut feeling goes with your statement - Thais are ready to lie anytime and those without proper education must be illogical.

Yep...we all got stories like that. I do not want to bore you, but I was tossed off a train in the middle of nowhere, while trying to return to my ship in Amsterdam....my ticket expired one minute after midnight...I had to walk home... I could have paid, or he could have been nice...and forgave me one minute. Stupid and Illogical. But thats just one example of several dozen episodes...in just as many places... You got one in Thailand.

got stupid all over this planet.

Advancebooking; your life must be very problematic and stressful in Thailand.

I wonder how you manage to cope with it all, day by day? Have you tried yoga or perhaps in your case even take up smoking or drink to help you relax and chill out a bit?

Maybe "soapie" would help him ?

He`ll probably even moan about that, that it`s the wrong brand of soap, the water was too hot, the girl was too cold, the girl spoke 32 different languages fluently with no accents, but English wasn`t part of her vocabulary.

Reading comprehension lesson #1:

I had to laugh and once again ... Its all a good laugh, wrote the OP.

Stressful?

Seems pretty relaxed to me if he's laughing and encouraging others to do the same.

Cope? Problematic?

Seems he quickly and calmly identified the problems at the bike shop and on the bus, and took reasonable steps to correct them.

Moan?

Seems you're the guys moaning.

• Like 2

illogical is taking the bus and expecting it to stop at anything other than a proper bus stop (try it in your country) or expecting privacy in a public camp ground.

I not even going into why you would take the bus given the low cost an radically increased comfort of other modes of transport here, not to mention why you think a shag in a tent is what a woman wants on valentines day.

No, but maybe you are. Here's an example: In your post you said, "It was VD day (valentines day)." That would be Valentione's Day day. I'm aware of the traditional day in honor of St. Valentine established by the Catholic Church. Is there now a day in honor of that day called Valentine's Day day? I guess you're one of those people who's always looking for an ATM machine, aka an automated teller machine machine.

The best reply is to be worst than them.

I love to be a troublesome person who do things that annoy them but I always smile and pretend to be dumb, just as them, except that they don't do it by intention !

I bet when you are acting dumb you are pretty convincing.

What you are actually saying is that all Thai people are stupid and are of low intelligence, You`re a racist and categorising certain ethnic nationalities as having particular traits.

Just another Thai bashing thread, by a load arrogant racists and bigots who consider themselves superior to everyone else.

Yes, exactly ! And so ? Call the police ? Give me a kiss ?

I think and I do anything I want, and in this country I can even say it loud !

To reply to "advancebookings original question...... No they are not, at least not all the time.

I just read another topic here on ThaiVisa..... with the name:"overstay".. This guy has been on

overstay for 3 years.....And I can say that there is no excuse ever to be on a 3 year overstay....

So illogical......maybe it is an excuse to be an englishman/american or Aussie, but I think not!!!

Glegolo

No. Western "logic" and Eastern "logic" just work differently. People used to say the same thing, maybe still do, about the Chinese. Where do you think the term "inscrutable Chinese" came from?

Are the logic courses taught at Eastern and Western universities different?

I spent the last twenty years playing tournament Scrabble with Thai people and they are every bit as logical and astute as people from any place. People here are so clever and logical but i guess it just takes a clever and logical person to spot it....

• Like 1

To reply to "advancebookings original question...... No they are not, at least not all the time.

I just read another topic here on ThaiVisa..... with the name:"overstay".. This guy has been on

overstay for 3 years.....And I can say that there is no excuse ever to be on a 3 year overstay....

So illogical......maybe it is an excuse to be an englishman/american or Aussie, but I think not!!!

Glegolo

Depends, what type of visa? Was he blacklisted? Was he thrown out? Does he want to come back? Maybe the 20,000 baht was worth it to him?.......three years.......could be very logical, depending on the thinking behind it.

Referring to the op, the bus driver was not being illogical at all, they can get fined for opening the doors anywhere but a bus stop.

The campers may have been friendly or thought it was safer to be near others. Every Thai knows the most dangerous place for a robbery is a secluded spot.

Edward de Bono would despair

Yeah!? And you can tell that guy to shut up, get back to singing his crappy little songs about Bloody Sunday and stop preaching to the rest of us.

Irish git!

Edward de Bono, and Bono of U2, are not the same person.

I haven't run a search, but I don't think EdB is an 'Irish git'.

All of your personal examples show nothing of the kind.

- the like shop owner was within his rights not to have wear and tear put in a bike which he has no guarantee of being bought, apart from an idiot flashing cash about implying he would.

- the bus driver was playing it safe. And he gets criticised for it?

- as for the campers, you were in a public place, in which case, they are within their rights to camp there too. But I guess they met you, and hightailed it.....which judging by your post, sounds like a perfectly logical thing to do.

Well aren't you just a little ray of sunshine with such conclusions

Ray of sunshine??? More like a prophet.

Yeah!? And you can tell that guy to shut up, get back to singing his crappy little songs about Bloody Sunday and stop preaching to the rest of us.

Irish git!

Edward de Bono, and Bono of U2, are not the same person.

I haven't run a search, but I don't think EdB is an 'Irish git'.

Think laterally. laugh.png

Referring to the op, the bus driver was not being illogical at all, they can get fined for opening the doors anywhere but a bus stop.

The campers may have been friendly or thought it was safer to be near others. Every Thai knows the most dangerous place for a robbery is a secluded spot.

Careful, Bannork, you're being too logical! The OP's head may explode.

• Like 1

Irish git!

After all these years on TV I have got to give this reply the funniest one I have ever read.

I have not stopped laughing since I read it, particularly when this post is about

Its just classic and is making its way around the world now

Irish git!

After all these years on TV I have got to give this reply the funniest one I have ever read.

I have not stopped laughing since I read it, particularly when this post is about

Its just classic and is making its way around the world now

Seems there's a fair % of western expats competing for the title of "illogical, unreasonable" also.

No. Western "logic" and Eastern "logic" just work differently. People used to say the same thing, maybe still do, about the Chinese. Where do you think the term "inscrutable Chinese" came from?

Hello thailiketoo, how you been sir?

Wasn't referring to formal Logic as taught in universities but to that exercised by the average person within their own cultures and life experiences.

Hello thailiketoo, how you been sir?

Wasn't referring to formal Logic as taught in universities but to that exercised by the average person within their own cultures and life experiences.

What's the difference?

Do you know that the bicycle-shop next door is from the same owner ?

That bus drivers are forbidden to open door because so many accidents happened with passengers stepping in front of a speeding motorcycle ,or open the side

luggage doors to take their suitcase and leave the door open ?

that camping in a national park can be dangerous,you better put your tents close for protection .

Do you understand why Thais think why you are not logic???? coffee1.gif

Plain unobservant. Rules or not the buses near me park three lanes wide and sometimes in the outer lane at 45 degrees to flow because they are just ill disciplined. Didn't want to oblige a foreigner.

As for the post saying anyone who says anything bad against Thais is a racist - obviously spent a very sheltered life or just not been here long. Thai racism and especially in officials, supersedes that of most places in multiples!

The reason you don't quote the post is you are not telling the truth. If someone has written, "

As for the post saying anyone who says anything bad against Thais is a racist" post it. biggrin.png

Or be just another Thai basher, big mouth little truth kind of guy.

• Like 2