Getting a teaching job at a University. When is the best time to apply

Hi there

I believe I would be more suited to teaching at a University rather than a school. Im assuming now is a good time to look for a job if wanting to work in a school. What about at a University. When is the best time?

I don't have a teaching qualification but have Bachelor degree in Economics, Post graduate degree in finance and a computer qualification.

I am a native English speaker and willing to do a Tefl or Tesol if necessary?

Any advice or suggestions are appreciated.

many thanks

Now would still be a good time. The uni's finish this month for summer. You probably won't need a TEFL or anything. So you have a master degree right? (most uni'slike that, if you are teaching core subjects, rather than just ESL) What would you want to teach?

I believe that most universities require a master's degree these days. If your postgraduate degree in finance is a master's you should be able to get a job teaching either finance or EFL. Why not try Chula to start? Their reaction should give you an idea of how employable you are. Good luck.

A bachelor's degree is all that is needed but many do desire a MA and typically in a related field would be more advantageous. There are tons of community colleges and lower ranked schools that would hire you but they pay very little.

Unis won't start next full term until August but you could find some summer camp stuff for first year students.