wearing all your gold?

padsterj

People are having a go at the OP but I'm sure his Mrs isn't the only one who decks herself out in gold just to make an unnecessary point. I see it all the time. Little old Yai who seemingly hasn't got a pot to wee in is covered from head to in gold whenever she goes to the market to buy some sticky rice and bbq pork.

I don't get it but then there are many, many things I don't get about Thailand - just add this to the ever growing list!

Doesn't mean I don't enjoy it though!

• Like 1

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What's the point of owning jewellery if you can't or don't wear it? All those of you who bought things for your partner and keep them all locked up and hidden away, why on earth did you buy the stuff for her in the first place? I say good on her for wanting to wear it, that's why you buy jewellery right....to wear. In saying this Thai's like to wear their gold as it shows they have a kind of success and it's all about face. It's kind of pretentious but each to their own, I'm sure we have seen far more pretentious people back in our home countries.

Edited by Phuketboy

What's the point of owning stuff if you can't or don't wear it? All those of you who bought things for your partner and keep them all locked up and hidden away, why on earth did you buy the stuff for her in the first place? i say good on her for wanting to wear it, that's why you buy jewellery right....to wear. In saying this Thai's like to wear their gold as it shows they have a kind of success and it's all about face. The more gold the better they look. My partner has some gold such as necklace, bracelet, earings etc and yes she does wear them all. But I certainly haven't gone overboard buying her whatever she wants and she certainly doesn't ask for anything either.

WHY buy that stuff in the first place.??????????????????????

Do you not understand that it reads to most...........Bar girl hooked a farang...................sad.png

Do you see Thai rich folk wearing that stuff.....???????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............coffee1.gif

• Like 1

What's the point of owning stuff if you can't or don't wear it? All those of you who bought things for your partner and keep them all locked up and hidden away, why on earth did you buy the stuff for her in the first place? i say good on her for wanting to wear it, that's why you buy jewellery right....to wear. In saying this Thai's like to wear their gold as it shows they have a kind of success and it's all about face. The more gold the better they look. My partner has some gold such as necklace, bracelet, earings etc and yes she does wear them all. But I certainly haven't gone overboard buying her whatever she wants and she certainly doesn't ask for anything either.

Do you not understand that it reads to most...........Bar girl hooked a farang...................sad.png

Do you see Thai rich folk wearing that stuff.....???????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............coffee1.gif

I personally don't like jewellery apart from a watch, but girls like the necklace and bracelet thing....

So let me ask you this. What does it read we see people in our home countries wear all their jewellery? Does that make them whores as well???? What does it read when we see people in our homelands driving nice cars, buying nice big homes, boats and all the toys then ? Some people like jewellery other like other things. Actually I personally know a few (not many, but a few) wealthy people who live here, both Thai and Foreigners who like to wear jewellery. It certainly doesn't mean they are hooked by a faring, the girls I am talking about would make half the farang here look poor. Don't generalise or make yourself look like a <deleted>.

• Like 1

Do you see Thai rich folk wearing that stuff.....???????????? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.............coffee1.gif.pagespeed.ce.Ymlsr09gMJ.gif

occasionally they do... subtle: watch, ring and bracelet... xxx.000-x.000.000THB or more. even know a rich guy who has golden spectacle frame for special occasions ;-)

I had heard the saying many years ago "Use it or lose it" but never paid much attention to it. When I first came here I had a nice bit of gold jewelry but was soon advised to put it away under lock and key or it would be snatched or whatever, so I did. I took a lady home one night, got drugged and robbed. When I awoke the first thing I did was to check the locked drawer where the gold was and in a locked box in the drawer. Thankfully the drawer was still locked and so was the box, my credit cards and passport were all there also so was happy that I got off light. I moved condo about 3 months after that and as I got all my belongings together I discovered the gold was gone. She had open the locked drawer, opened the locked box, took the gold and locked all back up again. Anything I have now I try to use it as much as possible. I used to keep things for that "Special occasion". Now I see that every day I wake up is a "special occasion"

I personally don't like jewellery apart from a watch, but girls like the necklace and bracelet thing....

So let me ask you this. What does it read we see people in our home countries wear all their jewellery? Does that make them whores as well???? What does it read when we see people in our homelands driving nice cars, buying nice big homes, boats and all the toys then ? Some people like jewellery other like other things. Actually I personally know a few (not many, but a few) wealthy people who live here, both Thai and Foreigners who like to wear jewellery. It certainly doesn't mean they are hooked by a faring, the girls I am talking about would make half the farang here look poor. Don't generalise or make yourself look like a <deleted>.

This is NOT farangland. This is LOS, totally different. Show me ONE picture of a Hi-So Thai draped in gold bling. ?????????????

my girlfriend does not have the capacity to buy gold herself. I am very much appreciated for buying her nice things, I personally dont give a rats xxxx what other people think. if my lady is happy so am I.I have many wealthy friends back home, most are dick heads when it comes to money. you cant buy class,but here in Thailand having some gold when you are unable to obtain it yourself does earn respect despite what Thai folks say.

And remember, Mrs.Trans told me this, Thai folk think a farang with a bird with all the gold stuff, is looked at as a farang buffalo. Not my words. whistling.gif

Jealous Thai women are also known to say this ermm.gif

• Like 1

And remember, Mrs.Trans told me this, Thai folk think a farang with a bird with all the gold stuff, is looked at as a farang buffalo. Not my words. whistling.gif

Jealous Thai women are also known to say this ermm.gif

Mrs.Trans has stuff but does NOT want to give the wrong impression when we are out. In fact she wears my mums stuff when we go somewhere special.....thumbsup.gif

So because your so tight to buy some gold for your wife to wear, that makes her hi-so not a bar girl?cheesy.gif

• Like 1

So because your so tight to buy some gold for your wife to wear, that makes her hi-so not a bar girl?cheesy.gif

Read above. Some of you hard ons will never learn. But not my problem that the locals think your a buffalo. laugh.png

• Like 1