Re-entry permit at BKK -- Recent experience

I know this has been discussed before, but the last post I can find on it was from about 8 months ago (which is a lifetime in Thai time). I have a Non-B visa and need a re-entry permit. Can I get it at BKK Suvarnabhumi? My flight is at 6am over Songkran Holiday so I would be looking to get it at around 4am. Is this still possible? Are they open on Thai Holidays too? Thanks.

If you have a multiple entry non-ed visa you don't need a re-entry permit. If you have an extension of stay (it is not a visa) from immigration based upon attending school you do need one.

The re-entry permit desk is located within the departure immigration area. You can ask as soon as your enter there.

Isn't the cost at BKK immigration for single reentry less than that? If so, why the difference?

A single re-entry permit at a regular Immigration office is 1,000 Baht, you're paying a premium at the airport for the photo and the convenience.

If you have a multiple entry non-ed visa you don't need a re-entry permit. If you have an extension of stay (it is not a visa) from immigration based upon attending school you do need one.

The re-entry permit desk is located within the departure immigration area. You can ask as soon as your enter there.

Thanks, yes i have a 1 year extension of stay until Jan 2015.

You can't miss the desk, as you come down the escalator from security there's a sign pointing to the right that says "Re-entry Visa" (yes, I know). Never seen more than a couple of passengers at said desk.

And be polite! The last couple of times I've seen farang of various origin being right <deleted> to the staff. The staff will play your little game and send you straight into the Immigration line to have you stamped out, thus, no re-entry permit and you're none the wiser thinking it was all relatively painless ;)

Otherwise hand over your 1,200 baht and relax. You'll be back in the line within no time. Your info is also kept on file should you need to get another one, they'll re-do the photo though.

Be warned - the 24 hour desk is through normal immigration lane. They DO NOT have one if going through premium lane....in case anyone flying biz class.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand