Can I buy bus tickets online?

Jane Doe

I do not like to go to ticket counters for a bus ticket. Is there a way to buy tickets online in Thailand where you get your ticket by mail or sms? I found ticketmajor, but it did not work well on my phone. Are there alternatives? How can I avoid running to the bus station 3 days in advance to get a ticket? I do not speak Thai.

There is 12Go app for Android and iPhone, just search respective app store

I have checked it out - thanks a lot. This is exactly what I was looking for.

Easy and convenient. I booked my trip from Bangkok to Phuket and paid by credit card. Will update here how it worked after the trip.

If you get a Nakhonchai card you can order tickets by phone.

Hi. To don't need the card to book via the phone. You pay for the to key at 7/11

If you want to book via Nakhobchai website then you need membership card THB50 and 5% discount.

You must pay for these bookings via ATM.

I could not find too many options in the links above.. (

http://12go.asia (I mentioned mobile app above) is probably the only farang friendly site with ~90 bus and ferry companies in Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Vietnam, etc.

Pitily their payment options are limited with 7-Eleven and paypal/credit card, none of bitcoin :) or ATM/-ebanking working.

Edited by zvzz

Some people still take a bus ? Stupid or suicidal ?

Good answer. So we are expected to walk? Driving isn't necessarily a safe solution , the Bangkok express train from Buriram is regularly 2-3hours late.

Sent from my GT-S7500 using Tapatalk 2

Thaiticketmajor website is in English, very, very simple to use.

How to buy tickets details the process.

Just enter the from and to, then options are presented. It shows how many seats are available, and you can even choose your seat.

You can purchase tickets up to 60 days in advance.

More details on hot to buy

Payment points

Very easy, simple and straight-forward.

Thais can use the Transport Co. website, make a booking then pay at any 7/11 .

You can even print your tickets.

post-9615-0-06076800-1395830987_thumb.jp

post-9615-0-88996400-1395831000_thumb.jp

Thank you very much for all your answers.

I went to the 12go.asia website, installed the app for iOS, found my trip, booked it, paid, went. Worked smooth as silk. It even comes in 5 or six languages once you found out you have to push the maintenance button to change them.

The Tansport Co website is not in English. Even after clicking the British flag (where are the stars and stripes?) most of their page is still in Thai. Thai Ticket looks better, but did not work on my phone.

For me the free app of 12go.asia is the best choice. And it is not only Thailand. Hope they will have more trips in there in the future.

Never had a problem with government buses I've been travelling at least once every month for the last six years to Bangkok and never a problem. But I would never take an overnight bus and would definitely not take private tour buses, seen too many crazies pass me with a death wish.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Never had a problem with government buses I've been travelling at least once every month for the last six years to Bangkok and never a problem. But I would never take an overnight bus and would definitely not take private tour buses, seen too many crazies pass me with a death wish.

Sent from my GT-P5100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Of course most of the people do not have any problems but still, once a month some get the lottery...

But at least you are smart and correct, the most dangerous buses are night buses because of speed and sleepy drivers + dangerous drunk monkeys in their trucs.

I would never ride a bus at night and should have no choice to ride one in day time anyway. Luckily we have choice <3