Want to buy Silver Bullion

Hi

I have been searching Thai Visa and Searching Google for places that sell Silver Bullion Bars etc

I have read many posts and really found nothing

Buying overseas and importing doesn't seem worth the risk as Tax's Duties may differ

I have been into the Gold Shops and asked about Silver all they have are the Silver Beed's Balls and I have heard different stories about purity of them

So if anyone wants to sell any Silver please let me know

Gaz

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Physical silver gets bulky to store in any serious amount.

Check out www.goldmoney.com They have a good reputation in the business and I have used them for several years without any propblem. Although my core silver is for the long term, I sometimes almost use them as a bank for funds nop needed right away.

• Like 1

Physical silver gets bulky to store in any serious amount.

Check out www.goldmoney.com They have a good reputation in the business and I have used them for several years without any propblem. Although my core silver is for the long term, I sometimes almost use them as a bank for funds nop needed right away.

I'm only planing on a few thousand dollars not hundreds of thousands of Dollars

Just for when or if paper money becomes worthless

If paper money crashes Gold Silver etc should skyrocket

I want to get into it for the long Hall

and for when the US $ Collapses I want to have some form of precious metal that will hold and or go up in value

Silver...the poor man's gold...is a good buy right now...before the sxxt hits the fan in global markets and currencies...there are several reputable online dealers...some can store your precious metal for a nominal fee...Kitco.com...gives you up to the minute prices of precious metals...it is one of the ones I use...Perth...JMBullion...and so on...

• Like 1

I want to get into it for the long Hall

and for when the US $ Collapses I want to have some form of precious metal that will hold and or go up in value

"I want to get into it for the long Hall [sic]"

Any significant amount will be more of a ponderous and hefty haul.

It would also be helpful if there was a liquid market with reliable pricing where you stay. If you can't easily find a way to buy it in any significant amount, it's going to be equally difficult to sell it and a rather weighty investment (double entendre intended). Why not buy gold bullion? 1001 shops just about anywhere. Central pricing. Comparatively easy to carry about.

Silver is probably a better investment ( in comparative terms only), but if you insist on putting your money in silver do it in an active market using an ETF or something like SLW. I prefer physical to paper precious metals too, but if you're in Thailand physical silver isn't traded as easily as gold. I suppose you could load up on Chinese Pandas, but the auction market here is still rather illiquid.

And even there the Gold Pandas do better than silver.

post-145917-0-36995600-1395834007_thumb.

Edited by Suradit69
  • Like 1

Good choice Gazzasore. Silver is great investment /insurance against what is happening now and the future.

Great to have some of your money out of the devil's hands ( banksters).

Two years ago , I went looking in south china town of bangkok, charoenkrung road where many silvershops are.

I was looking for the 1kg Kookaburra's , Koala's or Lunars or even some Maple leafs, but no luck.

Only one had some 1 oz coins but too expensive.( and no way of knowing if they were real.)

Thais are not into silver. Gold is what they like.

Anyway a kg silver could cost now around 20.000 B , so if you buy for a small amount like 100k , that is 5 kg ...

Too much to get through customs at the airport , if you want to get it ever out of the country.

Gold is more practicle , but I sure like holding those nice aussie 1 kg coins , compared to a puny 0,5 oz gold coin.

Buying in the EU , hurts, about 17 % taks and premium.

Goldmoney sucks, about 5 % premium when you buy , HIGH costs of storing it for you , for a long time..

And if you buy alot , price is at the LME set price.

The paper moneys will go down , but they are going to stretch for another 3 to 5 years.

As soon as the paper future market is out of metal for delivery , the metals will break out their chains of manipulation and go to the moon ( with hyperinflation)....well at least double...smile.png

Let's hope Putin can distroy the petrodollar...clap2.gif

• Like 1

Hi Gaz

I have over 1,000 ounces in New Zealand and have thought about bringing it her over a period but decided to leave it there. You can buy from The Perth Mint they ship also go on line and check them out.

Kiwi Kenny

Hi Gaz

I have over 1,000 ounces in New Zealand and have thought about bringing it her over a period but decided to leave it there. You can buy from The Perth Mint they ship also go on line and check them out.

Kiwi Kenny

Its not worth while shipping it here to many cost involved

Thanks anyway

The Dollar collapse? Really? If you seriously believe that, I would suggest gold. Silver you would need to carry half a pound of it to buy a loaf of bread and some toilet roll, gold will be much more portable when running away from armageddon!

You may want to consider studying some history. If the dollar collapses silver immediately will revert to it's long term ratio to gold, which is 10 to 1. That means at todays prices, a value of about $135 per ounce. It has the potential to go far, far higher, if we are looking at worldwide financial calamity. Of course, the value of the dollar would also collapse, so the value of silver would be somewhat skewed. But, the potential to increase in value is dramatic. It takes some vision to see it though. It costs about $21 per ounce to mine silver, and get it ready to sell. So, right now, it is a break-even proposition on the part of producers. The uses os silver continue to rise, with nano applications, medical application, etc. It is the opposite for gold. Think about it. It makes a lot of sense as a long term shelter, or investment. Long term only. 3-7 years perhaps.

• Like 1