Land based re-entry into Thailand on a Multi-entry Non- ED Visa?

I have a non-immigrant ED visa valid from June 2013 and my first entry into Thailand was July 2013. In September I flew to Borneo for a week and re-entered with a new 3 month stamp, no worries. I also did a border run at Ranong in December for a further 3mths. Unexpectedly, I had to fly back to Australia later in December and I am now in Malaysia on my way back to Thailand. My visa is valid until June 2014, but I have been out of Thailand for 3 months. Would there be an issue with Immigration if I wanted to enter back into Thailand on land via Penang using this Visa or would I need to fly back into the country? Any feedback would be much appreciated.

2 years ago I had a multi entry ED visa which worked ideal for me as I work onboard ships and do 10 weeks on / 10 weeks off. The 10 weeks off was always spent in Thailand and the multi ED allowed me to fly straight from the ship with a one way ticket and spend my full leave here without hassle.

I never got questioned once at Swampy coming in by air, just a smile and 90 day stamp each time. I did however once go across to Cambodia for a day trip and upon my return the immigration officer started to question me in Thai. Luckily I could make out that he was asking me if I was a Student so I replied in Thai that I was studying Thai, he then started to ask something else that I could not understand but saw that he was pointing to the income check box on the TM card, I put two and two together and replied in Thai that I was an Engineer onboard a ship, he then said I spoke well and stamped me through which was a big sigh of relief for me!

Don't know if anyone else has encountered anything like this, but may be worth brushing up on a few Thai phrases if you are not so confident with the lingo just incase.

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

2 years ago I had a multi entry ED visa which worked ideal for me as I work onboard ships and do 10 weeks on / 10 weeks off. The 10 weeks off was always spent in Thailand and the multi ED allowed me to fly straight from the ship with a one way ticket and spend my full leave here without hassle.

I never got questioned once at Swampy coming in by air, just a smile and 90 day stamp each time. I did however once go across to Cambodia for a day trip and upon my return the immigration officer started to question me in Thai. Luckily I could make out that he was asking me if I was a Student so I replied in Thai that I was studying Thai, he then started to ask something else that I could not understand but saw that he was pointing to the income check box on the TM card, I put two and two together and replied in Thai that I was an Engineer onboard a ship, he then said I spoke well and stamped me through which was a big sigh of relief for me!

Don't know if anyone else has encountered anything like this, but may be worth brushing up on a few Thai phrases if you are not so confident with the lingo just incase.

And in particular if the visa system is being scammed and no school is being attended.

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I have one more question you may be able to help with. I arrived in Malaysia on my Brittish passport & want to enter into Thailand on my Australian which has my non-ED visa in. Will I encounter any problems on the border if I don't have an arrival stamp in my aussie passport? Or will they only be interested in seeing my visa?

Thanks for all the feedback so far. I have one more question you may be able to help with. I arrived in Malaysia on my Brittish passport & want to enter into Thailand on my Australian which has my non-ED visa in. Will I encounter any problems on the border if I don't have an arrival stamp in my aussie passport? Or will they only be interested in seeing my visa?

How did you enter Malaysia? Air or land? Where did you arrive from? Where did you get your visa?

They do check for entry/departure stamps for the bordering country to check that you didn't just clear Thai immigration and turn around and come back without entering the other country.

You may have a problem entering.

• Like 1