Abhisit, Suthep to be indicted on murder charges in 2010 turmoil

webfact

Abhisit, Suthep to be indicted on murder charges in 2010 turmoil
By Digital Content

1395826729589.jpg

BANGKOK, March 27 – The Office of Attorney General (OAG) will consider indicting former prime minister Abhisit Vejjajiva and his deputy, Suthep Thaugsuban, in connection with deaths and injuries of civilians in a crackdown on protesters in the 2010 political upheaval in Bangkok.

The Department of Special Investigation (DSI) has submitted the case to the OAG for further action, saying six people were killed and six others injured inside Pathum Wanaram temple at Mr Abhisit’s and Mr Suthep’s order.

The DSI charged the pair with premeditated murder. Mr Suthep was then the appointed director of the Centre for the Resolution of the Emergency Situation (CRES) which handled the protest led by the United Front for Democracy Against Dictatorship (UDD), the red shirts .

The Bangkok South District Court earlier ruled that the six victims were shot with .223 caliber and 5.56mm bullets from the direction of the BTS skytrain station in front of Pathum Wanaram Temple where the military was on duty by CRES order.

It was not known who fired at the group of people but Mr Abhisit and Mr Suthep were compelled to take responsibility for the result, according to the DSI.

Mr Abhisit appeared earlier in court to acknowledge the charges but Mr Suthep failed to show up. The Criminal Court has issued an arrest warrant for Mr Suthep. (MCOT online news)

tnalogo.jpg
-- TNA 2014-03-27

The Bangkok South District Court ruled that the six victims were shot with .223 caliber and 5.56mm bullets from the direction of the BTS skytrain station in front of Pathum Wanaram Temple where the military was on duty by CRES order.

It is not known who fired at the group of people

Even we not know who did the shooting, only the types of guns used, even it is possible red shirts could have used the same guns, Mr Abhisit and Mr Suthep were must take responsibility for the result, according to the DSI.

And we wonder why Thailand is the laughing stock of the rest of the world

it does not matter in Thailand if you are guilty or not, someone must take the blame

better still someone who will help us political

5.56 is a regular army size ammo round used by many nations. The .233 is a very small bullet. I doubt the army would use a bullet of this size. Its OK for short distance target practice or for hunting deer and rabbits.

Sent from my GT-I9300T using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Yea and I bet Suthep is rolling on the floor laughing. As far as he is concerned the laws don't apply to him and never will. He is god all mighty and untouchable.

Just change the name from Suthep to Thaksin, then maybe you will see the light!

• Like 1

Yea and I bet Suthep is rolling on the floor laughing. As far as he is concerned the laws don't apply to him and never will. He is god all mighty and untouchable.

They are both the same. Just watch when Suthep is appointed supreme leader he will be exonerated with a full amnesty on all charges. He will then be paid Billions in compensation. Thai politicians are all the same and nothing will ever change.

• Like 2

They are both the same. Just watch when Suthep is appointed supreme leader he will be exonerated with a full amnesty on all charges. He will then be paid Billions in compensation. Thai politicians are all the same and nothing will ever change.

He's already been offered an amnesty but declined it. I do think it would be to his advantage to appear at court to acknowledge the charges but I'm guessing there are a couple of reasons he hasn't.

Firstly he seems a bit like Thaksin in that their respective groups or parties appear to need their presence to keep going so if he were to go he would probably be arrested for the other charges relating to this year. He would probably get bail but that would stop him protesting; or at least it should do and the protests would lack any focus. The numbers have dropped but they are still there probably due to his leadership.

Secondly he probably believes, possibly correctly that these charges which seem to not have much basis, have been brought now to hamper his participation in the protests.

• Like 1

I don't think your theory (Suthep be appointed the supreme leader) will ever materialize nor the full amnesty nor the billions. Thai public will not allow this to happen. I just wish these monkey politicians can put themselves in a cage and duke it out like men, because that's what they are, Neanderthals. Their collective, selfish actions are ruining this country and the livelihood of many hard working Thais, but they all seem to be oblivious to this real fact in pursuit of their own selfish dream at the expense of innocent millions!

This is the Amazing Thai we all hear about, what would these two have to do with the situation on the ground, at the time, is anybody's guess, it is just like just like taking the Australian Liberal party to court for loosing the Vietnam war, these charges are being considered, that's all they should be, considered and then consigned to the Bin. bah.gif

"Just watch when Suthep is ... "

Which parallel universe will that be in?

Edited by whybother

This is why Thailand needs the Amnesty Bill. Draw a line under the thousands of cases that are open and not being persued.

Then deal with any new cases qucikly and fairly.

Wouldn't it be better to deal with the open cases quickly and fairly? All the amnesty bill will do is allow all these people to start their corruption all over again.

(Not sure why this Post insists on the double-spacing thing...Can't seem to fix it...Sorry)

"Abhisit, Suthep to be indicted on murder charges in 2010 turmoil"

Non-PAD/Dem's don't need to read beyond this headline to know the fallacies of it.

Interestingly, the court took on one of the principal defenses that Abhisit has used, saying that he "could have committed an abuse of authority in accordance with the Criminal Code or offences under the Emergency Decree law if he issued wrongful or unreasonable orders after having imposed the state of emergency." .............. Abhisit always hides behind these laws and decrees.

Three additional observations:

#1 - There has to be the unlikely event of de-politicizing the judiciary before these two guys are tried. If not, it will be a charade.

#2 - Again, this article hides coup-monger history, by calling their stuff "Political Turmoil:"...Same thing that is being done today by the media. Assisting them in providing cover for their true intentions behind self-righteous indignation with one Parliamentary issue or another.

To state this latter point is repetitive however...But if one doesn't, their characterization and whitewashing of coup-mongers becomes established as fact, simply through repetition.....Repetition begets repetition.

#3 - Missing from court was Suthep, who despite having an arrest warrant out for him, swans around Bangkok, leading the anti-democrats and surrounded by armed thug-guards. Obviously protected by shadowy supporters we can all speculate about. Suthep thumbs his nose at the courts when he wants to, while cheering the decisions of certain biased elements of the judiciary.

Edited by Fryslan boppe

This is why Thailand needs the Amnesty Bill. Draw a line under the thousands of cases that are open and not being persued.

Wouldn't it be better to deal with the open cases quickly and fairly? All the amnesty bill will do is allow all these people to start their corruption all over again.

That would have been the ideal, but there are cases going back for over 10 years that have not been dealt with.

One of the Red Shirts main complaints is that Thaksin was dealt with quickly.

There are many other cases hanging over Thaksin.

There are many cases hanging over the PAD for taking the airports.

Suthep has 2 major cases. (Phuket land deal and 2010 killings.

Abashit (SP?) has the 2010 murder and his rice scheme.

Yinluck seems to be collecting new cases every day.

Then we have the Amart murder cases, (mostly while driving)

Would it not be better to stop all cases and reform the courts so that the Thai people have confidence in the Judicial proccess.

• Like 1

That would have been the ideal, but there are cases going back for over 10 years that have not been dealt with.

One of the Red Shirts main complaints is that Thaksin was dealt with quickly.

There are many other cases hanging over Thaksin.

There are many cases hanging over the PAD for taking the airports.

Suthep has 2 major cases. (Phuket land deal and 2010 killings.

Abashit (SP?) has the 2010 murder and his rice scheme.

Yinluck seems to be collecting new cases every day.

Then we have the Amart murder cases, (mostly while driving)

Would it not be better to stop all cases and reform the courts so that the Thai people have confidence in the Judicial proccess.

Unless you are going to stop EVERY case there is, NO, it wouldn't be better to stop all cases (and even if you were to stop every case, the answer is still a BIG NO).

Reform the laws. Reform the courts. Take action on EVERY case.

It was not known who fired at the group of people but Mr Abhisit and Mr Suthep were compelled to take responsibility for the result,

Now this has to be the most ridiculous jump in legal logic in the history or man.

Rule of thumb, think of the logical thing and do the opposite.

I feel so sorry for you

Your future is so negative, why you want to even live in Thailand

Oh Sorry, you a computer lounge writer

and only come to Thaiand for (xxxx Deleated xxxx)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

It was not known who fired at the group of people but Mr Abhisit and Mr Suthep were compelled to take responsibility for the result,

Now this has to be the most ridiculous jump in legal logic in the history or man.

It's a thai thing and faux democracy.

If they like to play these games, an international arrest warrant should be issued for Thaksin. Wasn't it he that ordered a crackdown on suspected drug dealers and 100's were murdered by the police.

proven beyond all reasonable doubt.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

And How is Thaksin these days

do you talk about his wants on a regular basis

I feel so sorry for you

Your future is so negative, why you want to even live in Thailand

Oh Sorry, you a computer lounge writer

and only come to Thaiand for (xxxx Deleated xxxx)

If everyone thought the same way as Chooka, we would not be having this political turmoil. If he lives in Thailand, long may he continue to.

Why wasn't Suthep leader of the Democrats and PM instead of DPM? What makes you think he's going to become a leader let alone a supreme one?

i wouldn't want that and I can't see it happening either.

Edited by kimamey