interruption in "Extension" of non Imm "O" visa

I have since several years an Extension of a Non Imm "O" visa (based on marriage) and the actual Extension will expire end of May so that I need to re-apply before middle of May.

However mid April I would like to go with my Thai wife to my home country until early July to take care of my old mother who needs to undergo an operation early April.

In this case I cannot show up at Immigration mid May .....but I will need to obtain again my Extension Non Imm O after my return early July.

Can I ask Immigration for an interruption or is there another way to prevent the loss of my right to an Extension?

You could go to immigration and explain the situation and try to get a 60 day extension to visit your wife. It would depend upon the immigration office if they would do it that early. The 60 day extension would start when your extension ends in May so you should have enough time for your trip and then get the one year extension when you return.

You would need to get a re-entry permit that would allow you to enter keeping the your permit to stay valid until the end of the 60 day extension.

Your wife will need to go with you when you apply for the extension.

If not you would need to get a new single entry non-o visa and start all over again.

Talk to immigration about extending a little early.

Normally it's within the last 30 days, but several offices have allowed 45.

That would work for most extensions but not for an extension based upon marriage there is a 30 day under consideration period which would require him to be here for the report back date.

"That would work for most extensions but not for an extension based upon marriage there is a 30 day under consideration period which would require him to be here for the report back date."

That one slipped right by me.

You will get a under consideration stamp for 30 days starting at the end of your current visa extension.

You could ask for a extended under consideration period for example 45 days but it is up to the officer if he agrees to this.

Myself received once a 40 days period after showing the officer my flight ticket,

But this was along time ago and the officer knows me very well.

Best bet is to get a 60 day extension with a single re-entry permit.