Teacher agency

Ajex21

No, not with the new teaching requirements. Why would you feel qualified to

teach children with no experience or a teaching degree? You and the children

will be frustrated and you will get poor results from the students.

Since you did not mention the OP by name and you immediately followed oz893, I must conclude you are responding to him. I did not see the part where he wanted to teach children. If your have degrees and quality experience in a profession, it is possible to teach at a Thai university--the benefits are much better, I have seen up to B3k/hr for part-time or B150k/mo full-time with a doctorate, and decent contracts with insurance, vacation pay, and even housing.

Edited by smotherb

Sorry but I am going to sound a tad pissed off. I am assuming you have no formal qualifications in education but want to teach here? Please correct me if I am wrong. It is this attitude that 'I can teach because I've had a bit of education (as a student)' that degrades the profession and teachers are offered a pittance like 25000 B a month. If you want to teach and make a difference then go to uni, put in the hard yards, get some experience THEN come back. I wouldn't let just anybody walk off the street and start rewiring my house so why would I want someone with no skills and qualifications teaching my child? Think about it. Teaching is a wonderful rewarding experience, not just something to allow you a bit of an income whilst you relax on Samed at weekends, which unfortunately I have seen a lot of here.

Just my two cents worth.

Ah, but you are speaking of a logical education system. Here, the school systems seem to think 20-30 minutes a week of English instruction is sufficient for their pre- and primary school children. In that environment, anyone who can properly pronounce the colors and the names of objects can sufficiently "teach" English. Additionally, let's give credit where due. I know several falang English teachers who teach children. Some of them have no degree or previous experience, but are good with the children and do manage to teach them to speak English--at least as well as many of the degreed and experienced teachers.

• Like 1

So to expect, no answer from a "Teacher", thus why the West has no respect towards just the same. Also, the why the educated Thais see Western English teachers as the worst teachers & thus go to China to learn English.

Not interested in being another low decimal of an English teacher, just wanted information for teaching a REAL class?

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

So to expect, no answer from a "Teacher", thus why the West has no respect towards just the same. Also, the why the educated Thais see Western English teachers as the worst teachers & thus go to China to learn English.

Not interested in being another low decimal of an English teacher, just wanted information for teaching a REAL class?

You have a Bachelor Degree right?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Can I not be cynical in answering that question regardless the west coast attitude...mmmm...of course. Bachelor of Arts & 15+ years professional in Entertainment Marketing.

Thanks, received...but was more interested on classes available to teach at University level?

Met not to long ago, another educated professional whom took a teaching job (economics) at a University, more covering for a friend, but for simple brain food or keeping from being lazy while living in Thailand.

Where to see classes available to teach for educated professionals?

Thanks, received...but was more interested on classes available to teach at University level?

Met not to long ago, another educated professional whom took a teaching job (economics) at a University, more covering for a friend, but for simple brain food or keeping from being lazy while living in Thailand.

Where to see classes available to teach for educated professionals

There is an address, telephone number and email below the application form. Much better if you talk them personally.

Edited by Shancloudy

Sorry but I am going to sound a tad pissed off. I am assuming you have no formal qualifications in education but want to teach here? Please correct me if I am wrong. It is this attitude that 'I can teach because I've had a bit of education (as a student)' that degrades the profession and teachers are offered a pittance like 25000 B a month. If you want to teach and make a difference then go to uni, put in the hard yards, get some experience THEN come back. I wouldn't let just anybody walk off the street and start rewiring my house so why would I want someone with no skills and qualifications teaching my child? Think about it. Teaching is a wonderful rewarding experience, not just something to allow you a bit of an income whilst you relax on Samed at weekends, which unfortunately I have seen a lot of here.

Just my two cents worth.

Ha... yes, what you are saying is right, but why the hell would i spend 4 years in university just to come to this country and earn 30k a month when i could stay in England and earn way more. Plus, i am CERTAIN that most native English teachers in Thailand who do not have a degree are doing a better job than the Thai teacher.

I think you are talking nonsense here, where i marked red.

i mean, you would trust someone to build your house, who has just finished university and has no experience on site rather someone who has 20 years of experience, and he/she could prove this with a portfolio.

This is what you are basically saying.

• Like 1