applying for non-immi O (marriage) in Kuala Lumpur

Hello,

I just learned that I'd require a non-immi O visa based on marriage in order to get 1 year extension done in Phuket (where I and my Thai wife currently reside). Fortunatelly, we had already planned a trip to KL, so hopefully I can apply for this visa there.

Requirements on the website state that I'd need to show them

1. Bank Statement with a minimum deposit of 400,000 Bath

(http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/th/services/963/18997-DEPENDENT.html)

Is there another option to show my financial position? For example, put 100,000 Baht in a bank or provide a signed statutory declaration (witnessed in Austraian Embassy) about my income in Australia. I saw conflicting reports on this forum and consular stuff in KL is not very friendly over the phone so any recent info is appreciated.

Thank you!

You could try with the statutory declaration. You will need it anyway for your extension, Just give them a copy and keep the original.

For a single entry non-o visa they should not even ask for financial proof. But reports indicate they are.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

It is not possible to get a visa done in one day.

the 1st of May is not a public holiday in Thailand but it may be in Malaysia.

Edit: I just checked and the embassy is closed on May 1st. http://www.thaiembassy.org/kualalumpur/contents/images/text_editor/files/Office%20Holidays%202014.PDF

Just confirming that it is POSSIBLE to get a visa within 1 day in KL embassy. Just prove to staff that you have to leave urgently (i.e. show your return ticket), and they'll do their best to issue your visa by 4.30pm same day. Done it myself and seen many people in the line successfully requesting same kind of service (as 1st and 5th of May turned out to be non-working days, which many people were not aware of).

Overall, very smooth and quite efficient service (by Thai/Malay standards :)

Edited by andreww