Anyone know if the bars are open today in Pattaya/Darkside?

Mobi

Just my luck!

The first time in six months that I arrange to go to a bar to meet up with a friend for a chat, and there’s an election for the Senate in progress.

I assume this will mean everything is closed until midnight. Can anyone confirm this? I’m particularly interested in the ‘Darkside’ bars.

Thanks

Dry weekend again as Thais vote for senate Sunday

What the heck! I was only going to have a couple of Diet Cokes!

I'll re-schedule for next Sunday and watch the GP at home, thanks to ExpatTV.... (no, I'm not working for them...)

I was told last nite that bars can serve from noon Sunday onwards.

Ran the length of Buakhao on the baht bus around 2:30 pm today. Most bars closed and those that were open were serving soft drinks and sodas. Although I saw one or two suspicious drink cups.

Ran the length of Buakhao on the baht bus around 2:30 pm today.

On a normal day, that would be called a trip to the zoo. I've never seen so many people drinking beer during the day and with expressions on their faces as if it was perfectly normal conduct.

Isn't it ?

Ran the length of Buakhao on the baht bus around 2:30 pm today.

On a normal day, that would be called a trip to the zoo. I've never seen so many people drinking beer during the day and with expressions on their faces as if it was perfectly normal conduct.

So what, many single guys come here for a week or two and can play millionaire during that time and if they feel for drinking beer during day time, why not let them?

As for the topic, I was just downtown now on my scooter and most all bars I saw was dark and the few that was open was serving customers water or coffee. Well that what it was looking like, he-he, I didn't go in and check. Traffic horrible at places, seems like the Bangkok crowd are heading home now.