Second weekend with total alcohol ban in Thailand

george

But seriously though.

The 10:30 pm stop on drinking in the UK for years simply encouraged the rapid drinking that is the norm in the UK today.+Cram them down fast, one for the road.....

Not a good idea

• Replies 169
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Once a week, and it's usually at weekends, I like to visit my 'local' which sells English beer. Not that I have any issues with lagers from any country, but I prefer the taste of real ale. I prefer the TASTE.

I'll spend a couple of hours chatting to other ex-pats and setting the world to rights, eating a baguette, and quaffing 1 litre of beer. I might even stay and watch the EPL footie. That's what I like doing, and it pisses me off when these frequent 'election' days spoil my enjoyment.

Yes, I could drink soft drinks, and I could ship out back to the UK, but's that really not the point. So for me, I give these alcohol bans a big thumbs down.

• Like 1

Don't see what you problem issues are it's not our country we have no say wand why should we , we are but they sitors every country has their own regulations which many visitors call funny / silly whatever but the point is it's not our country........i refer you to the very old saying.

" when in rome do as they do "

in other words get over it stop worry about or move

Had lunch today in a small restaurant in a big town, ordered a Chang, it was served in a coffee cup. Several other Expats doing the same. Ban something and people will always find a way around it. Sometimes just for the sheer hell of defying a ban...wink.png .as many posters have said, just another day in the land of smiles!blink.png Be careful out there is all we askwai.gif

Matt K, you will be telling me next that you can't get a drink in the ME. How is the Sid?

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I don't know what "Sid" is...sorry?

Sid is short for Siddiqui...Arabic for friend.....the drink is.distilled from a fermentation of sugar, water and yeast......typically 150% proof...then cut with water 3 to 1........................or so I am told.............................giggle.gif

• Like 1

yeah, yeah, yeah and they dont have crap jobs or morgages or work with lousy management or listen to a nagging wife...

And they don't have to teach those ******* kids!!!!!!!

Don't care, don't like alcohol and I think it turns people into instant morons.

If alcohol was banned forever I wouldn't care one bit.

Well, it isn't and you sound like a lot of fun.....

Oh, right, almost forgot; we NEED alcohol for people to have fun!

Because having fun without alcohol is completely impossible; just ask any small kids, they look miserable playing outside, sober.

Live on Koh Phangan for a few years then tell me again how alcohol is a good thing.

Edited by Maroon Watcher

Here we go again, everytime there is an alcohol ban we go thro this <deleted>, which, like most threads brings out the Thai knockers.

Stop feeding them George they do ok on their own!!

... so take drugs and/or have extra cigies (They kill most uses and or cause deaths to uses and/or others)

Don't see what you problem issues are it's not our country we have no say wand why should we , we are but they sitors every country has their own regulations which many visitors call funny / silly whatever but the point is it's not our country........i refer you to the very old saying.

" when in rome do as they do "

in other words get over it stop worry about or move

There is no such thing as a ban on alcohol in Thailand. The businesses that supply alcohol make more money whenever there is a ban, because instead of selling the alcohol at a legal price, they double the price to buyers who want them. Common sense also says it is absolutely stupid to ban alcohol when the country is heavily depended on tourism - meaning people who come to the country to party and have fun, so again, Thailand is shooting itself in the foot as usual....This amounts to nothing but stupidity.

I really don't care about the ban. So many people on TV take the p**s out of "Thai folk" for various reasons most of which are a reflection on themselves.

It is all just part of making people infantile, which so-called governments are very fond of trying to do.

Do you really think a Thai person is incapable of making a rational decision, well more so than usual,about the

choice of a senator because they have had a beer for lunch?

I think they should only sell alcohol to tourists on these days and then farang will be seen racing tuk-tuks round

the municipality dispensing alcohol to undermine the "Thai Democratic Process"

I had peace and quiet for two nights as the bar next door to my condo was/is closed.

Other venues in central Pattaya were subdued but drinking was taking place, although very low key. The local grocery store was selling booze as usual to foreign tourists who make up a majority of their customer base.

Difficulty in obtaining alcohol, seems troubling to some Thai Visa members. I am not sure why. Home brew, is easy to make if you find alcohol to be a life staple.

Or even easier you can stock up the day before.

Actually, as I think more lucidly; thankfully have a bottle or two of Hennessey in the cupboard, to open later...

on these days you should roam the streets insulting Thailand and any other country you can remember, get locked up. Theywill send you to the VFS Passport/ Visa/Detention center in Trendy Sukhumvit 13 in BKK where your passport, wife and

children will be confiscated. Then you will be put in a Silk sack and bludgeoned, as was the old Thai way until you

confess that Thailand is the only country on earth worth living in. Unless of course you happen to be Somali, Pakistani,Ukrainian. Polish, Romanian, ET, A Womble, Siberian, Bagpuss, Darth Vader, Winnie The Pooh, Peter Rabbit, Charles MansonG. Depardieu...

in which case you will confess that a DSS supplied penthouse in Kensington in the UK is a better option.

And can you go there, NOW?

Do you remember when you could not buy a drink on Good Friday?

Sorry must not mock !!

Edited by laolover88

Enough is enough. If you can't find a beer today you are c**k. What is your problem? If you want a beer and "extras" use the phone book. You a tourist or what?

In Nong Khai ban until 3pm

Disagree , I think you'll find it's 12 p.m also , some bars are open but taking a gamble wether police will come or not .

Last night many bars were open but the one I was in was closed by police and warned not too pen today

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Don't care, don't like alcohol and I think it turns people into instant morons.

If alcohol was banned forever I wouldn't care one bit.

Ditto!

• Like 1