Elton John to marry longtime partner

webfact

Of course it's newsworthy.

Over the decades on the gay issue, Britain has gone from brutal persecution and criminalization (remember Oscar Wilde and World War II hero Alan Turing) towards legal civil unions, and JUST NOW, marriage.

Elton John is a world famous entertainer.

Mixing those two things, to suggest his marrying in Britain as soon as legally possible in Britain is not newsworthy seems just silly. Such a story is the very definition of newsworthy.

BTW, I'm old enough to remember when it was big news that Elton John was ... wait for it and don't laugh ... BISEXUAL.

Elton John an entertainer???? I've heard a better noise flushing the toilet.

• Like 1

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Over the decades on the gay issue, Britain has gone from brutal persecution and criminalization (remember Oscar Wilde and World War II hero Alan Turing) towards legal civil unions, and JUST NOW, marriage.

Mixing those two things, to suggest his marrying in Britain as soon as legally possible in Britain is not newsworthy seems just silly. Such a story is the very definition of newsworthy.

BTW, I'm old enough to remember when it was big news that Elton John was ... wait for it and don't laugh ... BISEXUAL.

His music career may have peaked but he's a great one, yes.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RhJHL34DiBY

Edited by Jingthing
  • Like 1

His music career may have peaked but he's a great one, yes.

Sorry JT, he may have some musical ability, but like Michael Jackson his singing voice IMO is dreadful.

Elton John is a fraud and a hypocrite. If he's so proud to be gay, why did he throw up a smoke screen and marry Renata, a German lady in 1986? Conveniently forgotten? I wish that these 'famous' gay people would stop throwing their sexuality in our faces, why do we want to know? We don't see all and sundry spouting that they're proud to be heterosexual, so do us all a favour and put a ****ing sock in it.

• Like 1

Why not sooner???? Furnish is Canadian and it's been legal since 2005 there. We were the fourth country to legalize same-sex marriage and actually, the first to accept one spouse not having to be from the legalizing country. So with John being British, they could have done it easily. No news here.

I guess you'd have to ask the happy couple!

It's a good question I suppose.

Only a guess, but Elton being British and the power half of the couple, perhaps preferred to keep everything English.

Also British civil unions before carried the same legal rights as marriage anyway, so there was no compelling legal reason for their FAMILY (with the two children that THEY HAVE TOGETHER) to go Canuck.

Cheers.

I agree Canada is to be congratulated for being early in this. As a southern neighbor, we look up to y'all. Literally.clap2.gif

It's worth pointing out that huge credit must go to the slightly unlikely figure of PM David Cameron who pushed the legalisation of same sex marriage and overcame significant opposition from within his own party in parliament and the country..A good example of leadership and I note his integrity, and perhaps more importantly persistence, on this matter has been praised by many.

Indeed. He had more to lose than gain politically by doing it but went ahead anyway.

Elton John is a fraud and a hypocrite. If he's so proud to be gay, why did he throw up a smoke screen and marry Renata, a German lady in 1986? Conveniently forgotten? I wish that these 'famous' gay people would stop throwing their sexuality in our faces, why do we want to know? We don't see all and sundry spouting that they're proud to be heterosexual, so do us all a favour and put a ****ing sock in it.

If you're tired of all these famous gay people 'throwing their sexuality in your face' why are you reading and posting in this thread?

• Like 2

He "evolved" on the issue.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

If you're tired of all these famous gay people 'throwing their sexuality in your face' why are you reading and posting in this thread?

It's a topic like any other, smile.png

• Like 1

"The couple, who have two children together"

Is that not physically impossible?

You can have two children together without getting pregnant. They have adopted and are raising two children together.

who do they refer to as mum? This is my mum and this is my dad.

This is my dad and this is, umm the man dad lives with and pretends to be a lady and mother

• Like 1

It's a topic like any other, smile.png

One that the OP tells us he's tired of hearing about laugh.png

Because I can.

"The couple, who have two children together"

Is that not physically impossible?

You can have two children together without getting pregnant. They have adopted and are raising two children together.

who do they refer to as mum? This is my mum and this is my dad.

This is my dad and this is, umm the man dad lives with and pretends to be a lady and mother

They say 'These are my parents. They love us' and that's really all that matters.

• Like 1

You are free to comment, however, please remember this rule:

11) Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Maybe because it was posted in an open forum for discussion and not placed in the gay forum. It was put here deliberately for all to comment on.

Maybe it was just that the OP fancied a bit of a whine.

These petty nitpicks are just mean spirited. Nobody is suggesting by that wording that they BIOLOGICALLY coupled to BIOLOGICALLY produce those two children. They obviously didn't do that.

In my condo, I HAVE a television. I did not give birth to it. You can infer that.

Does the truth heart, what has a television got to do with anything.........facepalm.gif

The "couple" have adopted two kids, thats it, they did not have them together.

This little nitpick is important to you, I see. Strange.

So here goes ... for those who didn't know, news flash, it is now official, at this point in modern science, two biological males can't biologically produce a child together. The seed of one can be used with a female egg though, so potentially with a gay male couple with two kids, each could potentially have a direct biological connection to one each. Adoption (having children without direct biological connection) is a very common method used by all kinds of couples to start or grow families, mostly heterosexual.

This little nitpick is important to a lot of people who care about correctly phrasing things. Transam is correct to call it, JT, and you should not be such a pernickety frump. Edited by WitawatWatawit

This is news? A couple of gay guys are getting married, wow stop the presses.

This is news because Elton John is not your ordinary gay guy.

If you do not know him, I'll understand your poor ignorance.wink.png

Indeed, I had the moving experience of being in London when THIS version of this song came out:

He came out long before that:)

That was on "Atom Heart Mother" by Pink Floyd:)

• Like 1

These petty nitpicks are just mean spirited. Nobody is suggesting by that wording that they BIOLOGICALLY coupled to BIOLOGICALLY produce those two children. They obviously didn't do that.

In my condo, I HAVE a television. I did not give birth to it. You can infer that.

Does the truth heart, what has a television got to do with anything.........facepalm.gif

The "couple" have adopted two kids, thats it, they did not have them together.

This little nitpick is important to you, I see. Strange.

So here goes ... for those who didn't know, news flash, it is now official, at this point in modern science, two biological males can't biologically produce a child together. The seed of one can be used with a female egg though, so potentially with a gay male couple with two kids, each could potentially have a direct biological connection to one each. Adoption (having children without direct biological connection) is a very common method used by all kinds of couples to start or grow families, mostly heterosexual.

This little nitpick is important to a lot of people who care about correctly phrasing things. Transam is correct to call it, JT, and you should not be such a pernickety frump.
No it's just a rude way to try to diminish gay marriage. Fooling nobody. Fertility isn't required for any marriage.

Sent from my Lenovo S820_ROW using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app