Help finding girls

RosscoPeecho

Hey all you self proclaimed Thailand aficionados I'm in need of some help.

The title is a bit misleading but I thought it might get some clicks. So here it is.

I'm currently in Thailand with my fiancée who I met in America while she was working with a J-1 program. BUT I'm not exactly well versed in the Thailand scene of meeting females.

The reason I ask is because I have a relative, my uncle, who is a pretty successful man, a dermatologist, great guy but real bad luck and even worse he tends to choose some bad woman back in the states and really does try very hard to make them work.

Anyways, enough with that and to the point. He wants to visit Thailand and stay some nice resorts (each year he frequents the Grand Wailea in Hawaii if anyone knows that). But he also would like to me some women and maybe find someone who can give him what he wants. Here's some low criteria: not too young (<26), educated, not too much baggage and would like to have kids.

So I already told him finding that perfect thai girl in such a short time may be next to impossible but I figure he could maybe get a couple of the criteria in one girl but probably not all.

Does anyone happen to suggest an area that would have some good resorts, probably can be 3,000 to 10,000 baht per night range. BUT the area also needs to give him a chance of meeting some of these women. Or if you could just suggest a way to meet some of these women in your experience or just any suggestions would be nice since he wants to visit here anyways.

This is genuine so if the witty replies could be kept to a productive minimum that'd be great.

Thanks in advance.

-Ross

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

• Replies 198
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay well look at my other posts in my profile and you can see that i don't have a track record for humor or even posting on this site.

I'm serious. I just chose the wrong damn day apparently.

This is not April fools. If I wanted that I would have added more humor but I can see why you think I'm trying to dupe you.

Yeah my girlfriend is more of a person to ask if the girl is good AFTER the person has been found. She can judge the character she just isn't sure where to find them.

His cousin recently married a thai girl he met on the Internet. I'm sure he's not completely against that.

He did say she can have kids already just no awkward husband situation. The thing is most of us aren't even aware of these scenarios till after we meet the girl.

My girlfriend made me think she was more normal but then you start to unearth the good stuff.

Lol. Anyways. I'm not looking for perfect here nor is he. Let's simplify it. Where to find a good girl as opposed to a bar girl.

Tell him to get on his computer and line a few up before he gets here. There will be dozens of takers and it's up to him to meet and assess them when he gets here. Trying to meet suitable women after he gets here will prove difficult in such a short time so he needs to do some filtering before he arrives.

If by "good girl" you mean sincere and not just a gold-digger rather than simply not an explicit sex worker.

The odds of success for a noob flashing so much money around on a short visit are IMO very very very low.

Especially since he's talking about kids, and most likely doesn't want to also raise pre-existing ones, this is a VERY important mission and well worth devoting the time and energy it deserves to greatly increase the odds of success, much less those required to guarantee it with certainty.

Step one, start learning Thai while he is still earning (presumably a very good) income. Get at least past bare-minimum survival market/travel level, ideally some reading and writing for good pronunciation. This can all be done via self-study and over the net at negligible financial cost, but does require motivation and self-discipline.

If he really only wants girls that already have good English skills he will definitely IMO be increasing his acquisition costs and exposing himself to higher levels of risk of being scammed. Have a look at this

Then when he feels ready, arrange his business affairs so that he can afford to take extended sabbaticals, perhaps starting at 2-3 months, if needed future as much as six months at a time.

Will IMO take at least two or three such periods, and then establishing the bona fides of the relationship will take at least another 6 months to a year, perhaps a bit less if he marries prior to export.

Ideally he will hire an experienced wing man, but someone with the compatible ethics and attitude may be as hard to find as the girl 8-).

Actually a lot of the "consulting" side of that job could be done remotely, so maybe even at very low cost.

• Like 2

Sign him up for Thailovelinks and Thaifriendly and state exactly what he wants. Finding a perfect girl on a short vacation might happen by chance, but going looking for the perfect girl in a short time probably won't bring good results. Finding an educated, young, attractive woman with kids who is looking for a stable guy with his finances in order and who will treat him well is very doable. Without kids, then that is another story.

I think it's pretty obvious that is the way to go. Line up dates ahead of time, take the time to filter them, even have the Thai GF speak to them before he arrives.

With or without kids, I don't think it would be much of a problem. Though obviously with kids already it's easier.

• Like 1

Don't look on dating sites. Most people on dating sites have huge character flaws or missing chromosomes, plus he's just leaving himself open to be set up and ripped off.

If he wants to use the internet try friending some women on Facebook. If he doesn't, then just go out and start meeting people. Women here will use any excuse to get a conversation going.

• Like 1

From my own experience in Thailand I just feel like it's harder NOT to meet women. There's so many walking around here and plenty are available. So it's hard not to just advise going out and doing it (u know what I mean).

He's a great guy but I could never forgive myself if he got a bad apple out of the deal. Thats ultimately what I'm trying to avoid.

I think my uncles cousin (my 3rd cousin?) used a dating website and he has already taken his wife back to Austria with him and is already pregnant. Seems like a success story there. I just feel like that wife is completely submissive.

Tell him to stand on the corner of soi 5, Sukhumwit road with his knob in his hand, sobbing, and his wallet hanging halfway out of his pocket. Never fails to tug at the heart strings of nice Thai ''girls'' in that area....

Edited by HeavyDrinker
  • Like 2

you`re in the wrong section.

Advertise your Uncle in the classifieds:

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/personals/seeking-women/

cheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gifclap2.gif

You wouldn`t happen to be the uncle by any chance?

If you are I have 2 questions; are you hansum man and are you flash with the cash?

You on the turn then? rolleyes.gif

Depends on how much you`re offering?

2 bottles of Leo beer and 20 baht, then I`m anybody`s.

Edited by Beetlejuice
  • Like 1

From my own experience in Thailand I just feel like it's harder NOT to meet women. There's so many walking around here and plenty are available. So it's hard not to just advise going out and doing it (u know what I mean).

He's a great guy but I could never forgive myself if he got a bad apple out of the deal. Thats ultimately what I'm trying to avoid.

He has no choice but to use Internet dating since you said he had a limited amount of time in Thailand. It's not like he is going to stay there 6 months.

All the women I have met over the last 5 years were from the Internet with the exception of one woman I met in a bar in Thailand. Dated woman from Hong Kong, USA and Thailand, and had dates I could have had in China and So. America.

If you use some common sense, it's tough to get scammed. Nigerian marathon runners aren't going to be real.

It's quite easy, just have more than one date lined up, if one doesn't work out then cut the meet short. Is someone really catches your attention, keep seeing them. But IMO at first it's nice to bounce around a little to give yourself some perspective. Not fall head over heals for the first sexy body.

No need to spend 10,000 baht for a resort unless that is chump change for him. 10,000 baht over a 30 day period starts to add up.

Likely he will have to come back a couple of times.

Man, dating in Thailand is pretty straight-forward. You just gotta keep it real and understand nothing is as it seems to be. Does that makes sense to you? Yes? ok, good. You will be alright.

Moreover, just come to Thailand and go shopping, at the designated areas...

Man, dating in Thailand is pretty straight-forward. You just gotta keep it real and understand nothing is as it seems to be. Does that makes sense to you? Yes? ok, good. You will be alright.

Moreover, just come to Thailand and go shopping, at the designated areas...

WINDOW-shopping that should be...

Another person seeking a sure fire winner in the Lottery of Love. I have friends who have been married to bargirls for thirty years, I have others who married wealthy Chinese Thais and they lasted less than a year. So yes, your post is of the "how long is a piece of string" variety.

• Like 1