Are egg prices coming down?

Thighlander

Yes especially if its Yorkshire tea, 2 pint pots easily the rich can spend their money and not worry,but nothings guaranteed, one day they maybe looking to save a few bob and wont know how too! regards Worgeordie

By using 1 tea bag to make 2 cups of tea, I save 129bht a month.

By buying Pepsi in a mom and pop shop (12bht) and not a 7/11 (16bht), I save 4bht a day.

The savings soon mount up.

Try "Thai Cola" and the 12baht goes down to 10 baht. I think it's tastes great too.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

By using 1 tea bag to make 2 cups of tea, I save 129bht a month.

By buying Pepsi in a mom and pop shop (12bht) and not a 7/11 (16bht), I save 4bht a day.

The savings soon mount up.

You save a lot more if making 3,4 or 10 cups.

And you don't save anything just by comparing it against 7/11. Why not compare it with a bar and you would save 50 baht then ;)

• Like 1

Seeing a 3 page thread on the price of eggs certainly got my curiosity peeked. I did, I admit, immediately think words to the effect of 'oh <removed> come on, 1 baht here 1 baht there could it REALLY matter "?

Now I have a wee one man internet 'business' that is doing well I must admit I do not even notice the price of eggs. But then I remembered me and my then girlfriend when we lived in Pai around 7 years back. She had a small paying job and I was just living on savings that were constantly moving one way = down. I had no idea how to make money out here and loathed the thought of teaching English so did not have much in way of future money making scheme,s planned. Plus I did not wanna go back to Europe so spending money was becoming a wee sore point.

I now remember actually enjoying shopping at the different shops to save a few baht here and there. I remember we both used to laugh at discovering a new few baht savings by shopping here instead of there. All done on push bike and so not more expensive to get to certain shops. Sometimes its the very small things in life many of us enjoy.

Good luck to all bargain hunters out there. May you find bargains a plenty.

• 3 weeks later...

Eggs are no different then the other items, be it food, hotels, travel, house/garden stuff.... keep your eyes open and you can save 50% - 90%..

Just some people do not look, or maybe they have loads of money and saving money is not there thing... why spend a night is some crap Hotel when you can stay in Luxury for the same price almost anywhere in Thailand ?

in the next few weeks will be going to BKK, have already bought my Dinner at a place I like, and have been to many times over the years, normal price 1,400 baht, buy at myGroupen,co.th [just one of many here that I use] the price is 560 baht.. there are many discount websites here, no idea why so few people use them.

My Electric drill has packed up yesterday, remember seeing one for 70% discount, maybe now gone or will have to wait a few weeks/months until another great deal is on one of the sites.

For sure some people even in there home Countries do not use or even look for these deals, had countless deals from UK, eg: all inclusive 7 day full board @ a 4 Star Hotel for £99.. others on the same plane/Hotel have spent 4 - 500+ £....

Even people that like gas tanks in there cars http://www.mygroupon.co.th/deals/bangkok_en/pm-gas/718275487

Edited by ignis

Egg prices increase due to hot weather

BANGKOK, 7 May 2014 (NNT) - According to the Commerce Ministry, the hot weather has caused many hens to lay a lower number of eggs, causing decreased egg supplies across the market.

The ministry announced that egg prices were continuously increasing. Number-3 sized eggs have been priced at 3.50 baht per pack, which is an increase from last month. Apart from that, the prices of number-0 size eggs, the largest egg size, have crept up to 4.30 baht per egg in May. This price adjustment is an increase of 40 satang since April.

Meanwhile, the farmgate prices of chicken eggs have been adjusted to 3.20 baht per egg, which is an increase from the previous price at 2.60 baht. The shortage of eggs into the market was a result of hot weather, which has caused many hens to lay a lower number of eggs. In May, there are only about 33 million eggs being distributed into the market. However, Thais consume an average of at least 34 million eggs per day nationwide. Needless to say, the supply of eggs is about a million eggs short in meeting the demands of consumers.

xnntlogo.jpg.pagespeed.ic.rqyBfPGGLw.web
-- NNT 2014-05-07

footer_n.gif.pagespeed.ce.1fzrZTJkPQ.gif