Buying Nissan GTR

I am seriously considering getting one, i recently drove one in dubai and was really impressed by it considering its a jap car(nissan). Does anyone here know the price for new or second hand presumably couple of years old?

Is it better to get new or second hand which would be couple of years old?
Insurance costs?
Reliability, maintenance and servicing in bkk (sukhumvit)
Would it be a good daily drivers car?
And lastly would it be a problem to run the car using e10 95 benzine?
Do nissan service center provide service to an imported gtr?
  • Like 1

Upwards of 6 mil last time I looked, eye watering price, that was for a 2009.

As for driving one in Thailand, no thanks got zero interest in driving a fast car at 120km/h on roads that are barely safe for the limits set.
  • Like 1

Upwards of 6 mil last time I looked, eye watering price, that was for a 2009.

As for driving one in Thailand, no thanks got zero interest in driving a fast car at 120km/h on roads that are barely safe for the limits set.

Agreed, even with the biggest frikkin tyres you could find the roads here are just to bumpy and uneven to drive fast. Not to mention the huge pot holes everywhere. Cruising comfortably is the only way to go in Thailand.

I can understand the attraction of a car like the GT-R in the UAE.  
Would be a lot harder to enjoy in LOS but there are a few around.  
e.g. http://www.taladrod.com/w20/Search/CarDet40.aspx?cib=1384187

http://www.one2car.com/search/search_result.aspx?Brand=B0035&Model=S0983&
many for sale here

257k euro for a Nissan, stop it please I'm howling.

many for sale here

LOS.......  Should be land of grimacing!

for 6 million baht, i would rent one for 2 months (200k i guess), and after I got bored of bottoming out, sitting in traffic, realizing it won't help me get laid, I spend 1+ million on a new truck and keep 5 million in the bank. 

Tell me any other super car in the same price range that has the same or close to the same performance of this legend?
  • Like 2

If you have the cash its possibly the only practical 'super-car' fit for Bangkok. 

The biggest issues will be 'nosing' out turning in and out of Sub-Sois onto a main Soi... a few years back this drove me from a low fast car to a quick but not super fast 4x4 (a Range Rover)... I think the GTR has a more reasonable ride height if not fitted with an additional Nizmo kit and lowered front spoiler. 

The roads are not as bad as some suggest... The expressways present an opportunity for a flash of enjoyable acceleration, enough to bring a smile to the face before a post lobotomy 'middle-laner' pesters along at 80 kmh and you have to pass them at a safe speed.

One issue I have noticed here is the quality of road surface in regards to the grip rather than the bumps...  The roads in Thailand (Bangkok mostly) are very 'shiny' when I put my car (BMW) in Sports Mode and the traction control is off the rear tyres spin very easily...  And thats in the dry !!!...  a 4WD GTR will encounter this issue to a far lesser degree, for this reason amongst others it is the most suitable 'super-car' for Bangkok...

The Nissan 370z is also a lot of car for the price...  (relative to Thailand).

Its no use comparing the price of cars in other countries if you are looking at a car in Thailand... Yes, its heartbreaking, but the price of the car you want in another country is irrelevant. 

A car is a very personal choice, If it wasn't we'd all be driving a Jazz or Fortuna - Yes, Face is part of it, so is fashion, so is practicality, so is ego, desire, marketing etc etc.. ultimately, if you can afford it, if you like it and it makes you happy... Get it !!... 

one2car.com has a handful of GTR's... the site is in Thai but its easy enough to navigate with a little trial and error. 

4.5 MB for a 2009 model / 5.7MB for a 2011 model.....

Insurance... I'd expect to be paying about 80 - 100,000  Baht per year (just a guess)... 

No one ever said fast cars are for prudent minds... 

I agree, GTR is the only car that i believe is worth more than its price even in Thailand considering the fact that performance of GTR is better than even exotic 10-15 million lambo, audi and others. Also i believe it is the safest and one of the most stable super cars than the others.

I came here with the intent of getting some insight on owning a GTR in Thailand but some people here started suggesting pick ups instead of GTR seriously ? Guess they must be really bored of this beautiful life and world in general.
  • Like 1

I had an R33 when I was a teenager, it had suspension like a brick and almost rattled your teeth and eyes out, acceleration could only be described as violent, but it was still fun, even around BKK roads.

The roads are now marginally better, and I assume the new car is much improved (have not driven it), but the basic recipe still has to be similar... i.e. Don't expect too many people to appreciate being a passenger in one (and definitely no women), and though I assume you're not a teenager anymore, if you are and dad's paying, definitely don't let your dad drive even one meter in it :P

You should do some research on early models of the R35 - according to industry rumors they had serious and costly gearbox issues  - I can't recall whether it was MY2009, MY2010 or MY2011 that they fixed the design flaw that cause it though - perhaps someone else knows?

• Like 1

many for sale here

Number 4 round the Nurburgring  coffee1.gif

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_N%C3%BCrburgring_Nordschleife_lap_times

for 6 million baht, i would rent one for 2 months (200k i guess), and after I got bored of bottoming out, sitting in traffic, realizing it won't help me get laid, I spend 1+ million on a new truck and keep 5 million in the bank. 

Tell me any other super car in the same price range that has the same or close to the same performance of this legend?

Porsche turbo, Porsche gt2.

This is a nice one...wink.png

...if you haven't notice...this baby has only(!)1000 HP ....w00t.gif

I know styling is a subject thing, but I just love the look of this car... and I wouldn't say that about a Porsche for example, which looks kinds similar.

But it's all a moot point really, I can't imagine myself ever being in a position to own one of these machines, unless I won lotto or something.

Edited by NumbNut
  • Like 1

Porsche turbo, Porsche gt2.

Twice the price

GTR vs Truck = Apples vs Oranges.

But i also do agree about the road conditions of Bangkok streets "excluding the highways" . 11 months ago i got my 5 series bmw and it lasted only 2 months before the entire interior start giving weird noises. But again that did not stop me buying my second car "my fun car" convertible E series. Some people likes to keep the cash under their mattress and some people like to ride on their hard earned cash, i really don't think any one deserves to be criticized because they don't like to drive a truck or an SUV made out from from it.

But i also do agree about the road conditions of Bangkok streets "excluding the highways" . 11 months ago i got my 5 series bmw and it lasted only 2 months before the entire interior start giving weird noises. But again that did not stop me buying my second car "my fun car" convertible E series. Some people likes to keep the cash under their mattress and some people like to ride on their hard earned cash, i really don't think any one deserves to be criticized because they don't like to drive a truck or an SUV made out from from it.

Nobody is critisizing the OP, just offering our opinions.

Or would you rather all of us just say something like "yea great choice man, wish I could buy one..."

Nice car, bet it would be fun to drive...would I buy one even if I had the money. Nope. Racing around Ram Intra Expressway on Sunday mornings doesn't really interest me. 

Nobody is critisizing the OP, just offering our opinions.

Or would you rather all of us just say something like "yea great choice man, wish I could buy one..."

Nice car, bet it would be fun to drive...would I buy one even if I had the money. Nope. Racing around Ram Intra Expressway on Sunday mornings doesn't really interest me. 

Tis a true supercar with running costs a third that of the big names.  From what I have seen they do have problems getting around if too low.  If it's what ya want, just buy one. 

actually the roads arent that bad in bkk especially once knowing ones way around the hood & ones low or not so low cars limits and weak points vs. the fortuners et all who are likely to get first to the next red light or always 2 card ahead in the never ending ques out of town, into town or particularly crosstown!

but even so whats the fun to keep pushing an underpowered car to the limit & constantly having a faster car on the rear bumper or rear view?

well stay saFE!

• Like 1

Actually I agree about it 100%, just go for it. Everybody which complains about the roads are perhaps living somewhere in Isaan.

In BKK,Hua Hin,Chonburi and Pattaya the main roads are quite good and can drive quite ok.

Drive myself a Benz Coupe since a couple of months but a GTR would be damn nice, however I would prefer a Boxter or Cayman for that budget but thats imo.

To the OP, just go for it en enjoy!

• Like 1

The ones who complain about Roads do little travel There are some Super Roads here. Sure some are Crap like Nakasanowhere going North.but genrally Phuket isnt the center of the Nation. Yuu can Blast down to Krabi part for the last bit.
  • Like 1