What is the WLAN ow of samsung laser printers?

Sandman77

Bought a laser printer cpl 365 w

USB does not work nothing happen after connect

Want a WLAN pw now, in the manual and also on samsung website found nothing what is the standart pw of samsung laser printers

Was first printer I bought from Samsung , there was no other brand avalible in the local shop

If you can't get it to work on USB then getting it going on wireless is going to be fraught.

Did you follow the installation instructions? Have you removed all the transit packing and tapes (don't forget the one on the toner cartridge)?

It's probably asking for the password to access your wifi network, you should know this or if you're trying to set up wifi direct printing you need to tell it the password you want to use.

• Like 1

I have just browsed over a manual of more than 200 pages for this printer (downloadable).

http://org.downloadcenter.samsung.com/downloadfile/ContentsFile.aspx?CDSite=DE&CttFileID=5353453&CDCttType=UM&ModelType=N&ModelName=CLP-365W&VPath=UM/201302/20130213085734888/EN/english.pdf

Lost of information on different methods of connecting (WPS, PIN) are described.

PIN would be what you expect as a password.

It is displayed/generated when pressing some button on the panel.

USB, nothing happens?

Look into the manual and check again (driver installation etc.).

Otherwise defect (PC or printer or cable).

Edited by KhunBENQ

Isn't the password the Network Password of the access point (or router).

I have a Wireless Password set in my Router, and all Wireless devices (printer, phone, ipad etc etc) that want to connect to the network need that password

Ps: My Brother wireless printer can't connect to my wireless network if WPA2 is selected as Security Mode, that's why I use WPA.

Edited by MJCM

Hi there!

Currently not have a router must wait

Tot installation troup come in 2 weeks

Only using direct hotspot connection

From iPad

Samsung hotline say there is no pw

But I got asked for one it canot be the same my iPad have

3 possibility when I have the DSL router I connect over Ethernet

When you get your router, you need to setup your wireless Network.

Step 1) You will have to give a name to your network. This is called a SSID http://computer.howstuffworks.com/ssid.htm

Step 2) Then you need to setup the Security Mode of your Wireless Network, this is to prevent unauthorized access to your network

Read here more about the different security modes http://www.thegeekstuff.com/2008/08/6-steps-to-secure-your-home-wireless-network/

The weakest one is wep and the strongest is wpa2 (but note: some devices can't handle wpa2 and you can choose WPA)

Step 3) During the set up of the security mode of your Wireless network, you will then to set a Password. This password will be needed to connect all of your devices to the Wireless Network.

So when I connected my Ipad, Phones, Wireless Printer, Laptop etc etc etc I had to first select the SSID (from step 1) and then type in the password from Step 3, this I had to do in all of my wireless devices. So if you change the password from Step 3 in your Router, you will then again have to Enter that password in all of your Wireless devices that connect to your Wireless Network. (You only have to type the password once in every device)

Please Note all of the above is NOT necessary if you only connect devices via Ethernet.

As you can see at the moment I have 3 Wireless devices connect to my network.

Ps: About the hotspot connection, you maybe can ask this question in the Apple Forum

Thx for info!

Does all this Sid and network name , not will setup automatically , when I activate dhcp?

Normally every device have his own WLAN key given by user

I see first time that a device want same WLAN key all other device have

So the samsung sending a closed WLAN signal

Please enter network key

Still wait tot come , what kind of router is tot using?

I hope I also get pw and access data

To make configuration by myself?

Some ISPs in eu not want give , because thinking customer can make a miss configure and call to much at the hotline !

I hope this policy in Thailand not same?

My HP 6520 printer works intermittently via USB. I changed it to wireless in its settings and it works great. I'm confused about WLAN. That's the internet or an enterprise's wide area network like a campus or even private networks that work in more than one city or country. Those would have a server acting as a domain controller.

The router will assign the printer an IP address. On mine, a dialogue box popped up on my computer's screen asking for the password for my LAN. I entered it, checked the box that said remember this password, closed out and I had the printer showing on my network and working great. It was very easy.

Another advantage if you are pressed for space is that the printer doesn't need to be close to the computer. Another is that any computer in the house can use it if you install the drivers.

Edited by NeverSure

I will answer point for point

Thx for info!
Does all this Sid and network name , not will setup automatically , when I activate dhcp?
<snip>

SSID and DHCP are 2 different things. For example a router without Wireless doesn't have a SSID.
Think of an SSID as just the name of the WIRELESS Network.

So you have to setup both Wireless and DHCP, however normally DHCP is already setup standard.
Wireless also can be setup as standard but with a default name. You can set the name (SSID) to anything you like as long as it is unique in your neighborhood. (You could for example use Sandman77 as your SSID)

<snip>
Normally every device have his own WLAN key given by user
I see first time that a device want same WLAN key all other device have
So the samsung sending a closed WLAN signal
Please enter network key

You set the WLAN key in the Router and only 1 time, but all devices (computers, phone etc) that want to connect to your wireless need the same key you set in your Router. So you have 1 WLAN KEY but you can use it on many devices.

When setting this up in the printer don't select WPS, and as Astral already wrote, it's not really a good idea to connect a Printer to a Hotspot, however it could be interesting to see what people will be printing on your Printer wink.png

<snip>
Still wait tot come , what kind of router is tot using?
I hope I also get pw and access data
To make configuration by myself?
Some ISPs in eu not want give , because thinking customer can make a miss configure and call to much at the hotline !
I hope this policy in Thailand not same?

I have no idea what TOT gives as a standard Router, I always buy my own. At the moment I have 3 routers (ASUS, D-Link and Tp-Link) that I have setup myself and that I can connect to either 3BB or TOT (I have 2 lines at home)

If you want to setup your own Router, you will need only your Login ID + Password, the Login Id for TOT could be in the form of Y12345678@tothome, and see this post for specific TOT Adsl settings. http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/54026-tot-adsl-settings/

When you apply for ADSL at the TOT office, they normally will give you a piece of paper with this info, if they didn't just call 1100 or go to the office again and ask them.

Please note that normally when you get a TOT supplied modem they can have set a Password on the Admin account to prevent you changing their predefined settings.

Edited by MJCM
  • Like 1

Hi!

Thx for the link!

In some country's ISPs using MAC address verification , not let allow you use other hardware!

There is a way called Mac spoofing to copy or clone a Mac adress, but not sure is it realy works?

Last tech question does tot using annex a or annex b analogue protocol?

Are also ISDN Telephon Lines avalible in Thailand ?

Here in Thailand you can use any Router you want as long has it can handle ADSL2+. Annex A.

And for me you talking about MAC Spoofing and you really can't tell the difference between SSID and DHCP is facepalm.gif

Edited by MJCM