Canadians

canman

Minus 57C was still air temp - not wind chill.

Absolutely calm. Go up 2000 feet and it was minus 30

Dawson City is on the banks of the Yukon river, so the lowest spot around. That cold air just sinks and sits there.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just looked at that site - great find, ordered the Caesars dry mix and a box of King Cole Tea, shipping was reasonable will report back on any fees - fingers crossed.

I'll be poughting all day :( Laura Secord Easter Eggs

Newfoundland does get chilly but not like some other parts, the coldest I've ever been was in Banff. Winnipeg -50 is just wrong.

Here's one, my Mum and I speak daily (thank you Magic Jack app) she was mentioning the first batch of greenhouse fiddleheads were at the market yesterday.

• Like 1

Bitter pill for us Canucks to swallow:

http://nplusonemag.com/what-happened-to-canada

Good read, having worked in the health care system there is so much I would like to change, however the Provincial Goverment(s) seem to be more interested in keeping the fight up with Ottawa over payments than listening to solutions.

I have a feeling the next PM will be Justin, the folks from Je Me Souviens will boot the NDP out and the Tories won't be able to keep hold of their power in the East.

As for cuts just leave my CBC alone :)

Good read, having worked in the health care system there is so much I would like to change, however the Provincial Goverment(s) seem to be more interested in keeping the fight up with Ottawa over payments than listening to solutions.

I have a feeling the next PM will be Justin, the folks from Je Me Souviens will boot the NDP out and the Tories won't be able to keep hold of their power in the East.

As for cuts just leave my CBC alone smile.png

After the Quebec provincial election I think you are "correct" (I was gonna say "right" but NOBODY wants to get close to Harper at this particular time!)... Liberals will rock La Belle Province and Trudeaumania ll will roll over Quebec. Its Ontario and the west (not including the LEFT coast!) which will dictate whether we get a majority or minority Liberal Gov't.

• Like 1

As for cuts just leave my CBC alone smile.png

After the Quebec provincial election I think you are "correct" (I was gonna say "right" but NOBODY wants to get close to Harper at this particular time!)... Liberals will rock La Belle Province and Trudeaumania ll will roll over Quebec. Its Ontario and the west (not including the LEFT coast!) which will dictate whether we get a majority or minority Liberal Gov't.

My parents moaned for years they voted for PET, the only time they didn't vote Tory in their lives. Every single time we pass a Petro Canada station my Father is like a broken record "petro stands for Pierre Elliot Trudeau Ripped Off" Canada - guess who they adore? Justin.

Spot on, the West will decide Miniority or Majority, my money's on a big Majority.

Two Canadian-bashing threads at once on TV (e.g. the naked drunk Canadian). Who'd a thunk it? clap2.gif

[it's definitely comic relief for Americans chafing under the 12+ other American-bashing threads, which always run concurrently on TV; thanks, Canucks for taking just a little pressure off us. Nearly as grateful as when you rescued our hostages from Iran.]

Edited by Fookhaht

Two Canadian-bashing threads at once on TV (e.g. the naked drunk Canadian). Who'd a thunk it? clap2.gif

[it's definitely comic relief for Americans chafing under the 12+ other American-bashing threads, which always run concurrently on TV; thanks, Canucks for taking just a little pressure off us. Nearly as grateful as when you rescued our hostages from Iran.]

My team were playing hockey in Boston just after the hostage rescue. The people in the hotel where we stayed could not do enough for us. The whole team was at a restaurant one night when the ownere realised where we were from and would not let us pay for the meal. So yes our southern brothers were most grateful during those tough times.

"Do you agree that we do better with the local ladies then seems to be the norm in Thailand?"

I'm not Canadian. It wouldn't suprise me if Canucks do well...I've always considered Canadians so much politer and less arrogant than many other countries. More down to earth.

Toatly agree, none of the bs that everything is bigger and better in Canada, unlike a country near to.Much nicer people than the scots(Celtic), welsh etc, no chips on their shoulders and no nasty songs too.

Having worked in Canada for 7 years, I have absolutely no idea why on earth a Canadian would choose to live in Thailand.

I've been in Canada for the last 26 years now, but pine for winters that only last a few weeks (spent 8 years in Perth and the same in Christchurch).

When the cold wet weather begins by the end of September and continues until the next June - summer is just too damned short.

So - that's why I'm keen to get retired and off to Thailand - 18 months to go. Land bought, house plans on the drawing board, money invested and ready.

What I'll miss most - apart from my 19 year old son in Nanaimo, will be Rickards Red, Timmy's toasted bagels, hikes around the lakes and rivers in Coquitlam and, and, and - well I guess that's it.

Maybe sailing around the Gulf Islands - but there's plenty of islands off Thailand to anchor next to.