How can I use my cell phone wi-fi, for my pc?

SkyRider

Make your cell phone a hot-spot - if you have a 3G plan.

No apps needed, a built in feature.

With a wi-fi plan it is tethering - most often a buit in feature too.

What is your phone model?

Edited by ravip

In a word, no, you cannot use your phone as a WiFi adapter. Not sure if your DTAC WiFi plan can be used in stand-alone format on your PC (username and password). I suspect not, maybe it is linked to your MAC/IMEI.

But you can use your phone as a mobile data modem (tethering) or as a Mobile AP, either can allow you to use your mobile data connection.

Do you have a mobile data plan with DTAC?

My cell phone is an i-mobile 5.6

I have a mobile 3G plan with dtak. I was able to connect with the wi-fi hotspot tethering.

Thank you tv members, for your help :)

I used the DTAC 3g to use as a hotspot on my Nexus 4 and run my iPad and laptopp

used 2.2 gb in about 3 weeks , but also used hotel WiFi

worked good and very simple to set up

but I had a Thai take my phone to the DTAC place to get the sim set up , so no idea what they did if they did anything ,

399 baht a month

if it's an android phone, i use it every day..goto settings>wireless and networks>turn on mobile network(this turns on the internet if its not already turned on), then 2 munu items up are 'portable wifi hotspot' and potable wifi hotspot setting-go there to make a wifi password.. then just tap on portable wifi hotspt to turn it on and find your phones hotspot on your pc and login.

Edited by pkspeaker

My cell phone is an i-mobile 5.6

I have a mobile 3G plan with dtak. I was able to connect with the wi-fi hotspot tethering.

Thank you tv members, for your help smile.png

Ok so your original post was inacurate because its not possible to use a wifi connection from a phone to use on a pc but you can use the 3g connection from phone set up as a hotspot and connect from PC.

But if you do have a dtac wifi connection can you not just connect to it from the pc also or do they only allow it if its a dtac sim?

OP got the correct answer to the slightly wrongly worded question, which is good. Let's get back to the original question as it was written.

Is it possible to share phone's Wifi connection to the PC using bluetooth, usb-cable or dual wlan modems on the phone? This scenario would be valid, if the wifi connection is authenticated/challenged by the SIM's credentials (EAP-SIM).

I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 and have sucessfully made it a hotspot for my laptop PC. Touch the gray metal area on the left bottom of the phone to get to settings. Press settings. Turn off Wi-Fi then press the More networks key. On the next screen, press tethering and Mobile HotSpot. On the next scrren turn on the mobile hotspot feature. Follow the setup proceedure presented.

Edited by georgehale