Wrapping a car ?

Hello everyone, i want to vinyl wrap my honda accord 2012,original colour is silver but i want to wrap it black matt ,i would like to know if i wrapped my car , do i have to inform DLT office about my wrapping colour ? Should i have to change anything in bluebook ? Any disadvantage ?Any idea how much cost ? Does anybody know any good modification shop in bangkok? Any advice will be appreciated

Sent from my vacuum cleaner

When the police pull you over what colour is the car versus what is in the book ?........... to save hassle they should match. saying that when they are bending you over for a fist full of notes you could just start peeling the wrap off.

• Haha 1

When the police pull you over what colour is the car versus what is in the book ?........... to save hassle they should match. saying that when they are bending you over for a fist full of notes you could just start peeling the wrap off.

I've been stopped dozens of times but no police have asked for the blue book!

• Like 1

So, what do they ask for, if it's been wrapped.

Jerry

My car is fully wrapped from originally black to matte white.. Never had a single question.

Wrap is a pain in the ass. Especially matte colours. Need to go back to the shop and fix it quite regularly. In joints, splits, corners etc. It doesn't look as good as a complete colour change. A good wrap can be as much as 50,000, so then its not that far up to a total respray.

• Like 1

My car is fully wrapped from originally black to matte white.. Never had a single question.

Wrap is a pain in the ass. Especially matte colours. Need to go back to the shop and fix it quite regularly. In joints, splits, corners etc. It doesn't look as good as a complete colour change. A good wrap can be as much as 50,000, so then its not that far up to a total respray.

sorry to sound like a smart arse, but why not just buy a white car to begin with?

• Like 1

So, what do they ask for, if it's been wrapped.

Jerry

Maybe driving licenses and some money

sorry to sound like a smart arse, but why not just buy a white car to begin with?

Well, I was looking for a white one. I bought a second hand M3, and the price, overall state of the car etc was more important to me than the actual colour. Got a good deal, except the car was black ;)

Now im confused what should i do now ?

If you want a wrap, do it. I would advise against matte colours. Its hard to clean and maintain, but looks cool. My car certainly get a lot of attention. I've had my wrap for a year now. I did it at Wrap Society. They offer 3yrs of warranty, and removal is included in the price. A bit over market rate, but it was supposedly the best wrap in BKK (according to my friend). Not sure I agree with that now, but .. In the end of decided to remove it, and re-spray my car in new colour.

• Like 1

Check your vacuum cleaner.

• 6 years later...
On 4/8/2014 at 12:39 PM, mortenaa said:

If you want a wrap, do it. I would advise against matte colours. Its hard to clean and maintain, but looks cool. My car certainly get a lot of attention. I've had my wrap for a year now. I did it at Wrap Society. They offer 3yrs of warranty, and removal is included in the price. A bit over market rate, but it was supposedly the best wrap in BKK (according to my friend). Not sure I agree with that now, but .. In the end of decided to remove it, and re-spray my car in new colour.

hello, is your car still wrapped ? can you tell me what product did you use if it's good ? thank you.