PDRC denies trying to illegally overthrow Thai govt

webfact

Yes I do remember that - it was his son that bought the land and this story appeared in Khaosod during a particularly bad week for the PTP at the height of the rice scandal when the rice farmers were threatening to come to Bangkok to protest. It was meant to deflect attention away from the governments problems and something was made of nothing with this story (as per usual with this Thai comic).

You are right though - I do seem to get sucked into these pointless arguments where the other poster spouts rubbish and lies in their retorts!!!

I should pay attention a bit more and not bite!!

• Like 1

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earlier today I wrote

"The Pheu Thai spokesman Prompong accuses again and others are challenged to deny or proof the accusation is wrong."

But it's getting even more interesting with

"Caretaker Deputy Commerce Minister Nuttawut Saikuar Tuesday called on the Army chief to declare his stand over the announcement by protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban about seizing state power."

"Pheu Thai Party spokesman Prompong Nopparit on Tuesday filed a complaint with Department of Special Investigation, accusing protest leader Suthep Thaugsuban of sedition."

"Thailand's Centre for the Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO) said it is collecting evidence to bring charges against the leaders of the anti-government People's Democratic Reform Committee (PDRC) for unconstitutionally attempting to overthrow the country's democratic system."

"Caretaker Deputy Prime Minister and Foreign Affairs Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul on Tuesday told the US assistant secretary of state and US ambassador that the declaration of a sovereign by People’s Democratic Reform Committee leader Suthep Thaugsuban is an act of treason."

All that government action on 'alleged' statements and interpretation. Now I really start to think some are getting somewhat desperate.

Did Publicus just say something?

Don't worry, it was all about the use of politicised courts to oust elected governments. It's not as if that's something which bothers you is it now?

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by JAG
  • Like 2

Astute observers will notice that Suthep has never provided any details at all about the "reforms" that he is calling for. These "reforms" were apparently not so urgent as to be mentioned during the two and a half years of power that Abhisit and Suthep enjoyed courtesy of the courts rather than the ballot box. But now, with the help of the ever-reliable court, he will probably be back in power again. Probably at that point there will be a lot of stalling accompanied by commissions to study the matter of reform during which time Thailand will once again have no Constitution and will by governed by the unrestrained impulses of Suthep and his ilk. Eventually though, they will come forward with actual proposals which will certainly include a provision for disenfranchising the majority of Thai citizens. After all, that is the point of this whole exercise: to get the Democrats back in power for a long time, which cannot be achieved without suppressing the majority.

The only hope a this point is that a strong demonstration by the reds in Bangkok after Songkran to remind the ammart that there will be a cost to their depriving the electorate of their voting rights as there was in 2010.