Why We Ride

seedy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Been there, done that but no big bike anymore due to family commitments.

My PCX150 is giving me great pleasure (surprisingly) and I am smiling each time I ride it despite it's low output.

I might pull the trigger and buy a big bike again, have the money, but are still thinking about it.

There are big bikes launched all the time in Thailand right now so the choices are getting better all the time.

Been riding bikes on/off for over 30 years and will always be a biker in mind and soul.

I do get pleasure from riding my PCX150 but I can't help but compare how unstable it is compared to my other bigger bikes. It's fine for potting around up to about 80 km/h but the size of the tyres, the brakes etc just means that I daren't push it anymore beyond that.

If I need to go faster (ie longer trips), then I prefer riding something bigger and more stable.

• Like 2

I ride coz it's FUUUUUN!!!!!

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I found riding bikes fun in my home country and every other country I rode them

In Thailand I don't consider it fun anymore been chased by a lunatic in a car, having to watch for potholes, cars/bikes/buffaloes coming out of a side soi and drive straight onto the first lane and then stop, 5 cars a truck and a tourist bus jumping each red traffic light and soi dogs coming out of nowhere going for your front wheel, just to name a few.

Riding bike in Thailand is stress.

• Like 1

In Thailand I don't consider it fun anymore been chased by a lunatic in a car, having to watch for potholes, cars/bikes/buffaloes coming out of a side soi and drive straight onto the first lane and then stop, 5 cars a truck and a tourist bus jumping each red traffic light and soi dogs coming out of nowhere going for your front wheel, just to name a few.

Me thinks you are a bit paranoid or just crazy. I have been driving and riding in many countries in Asia and while it takes some getting used to, it is quite satisfying for me to ride here or anywhere exept in my home country of the USA.

Me thinks you are a bit paranoid or just crazy. I have been driving and riding in many countries in Asia and while it takes some getting used to, it is quite satisfying for me to ride here or anywhere exept in my home country of the USA.

I notice you're in Isaan, did the whole of Isaan a few times by bike, and it is a different ride from my area. I live in Pattaya and wouldn't even think about taking the bike for a ride here.

Whenever I ride I go way out of Pattaya, and even when I come back from a 2 -3000 km relaxed trip, a soon as I come with 26 km of Pattaya the sweat will be in my hands.

I have a thread here somewhere about my latest experience taking the bike out to Chonburi, I have had several similar before and since.

• Like 1

On some days, I feel exactly like that. But at the end of the day (every day) riding semi-slowly through the traffic and saving at least an hour a day commuting time compared to the idiots in their air con cooled steel boxes is still "fun".

It's just not the same fun as dragging your footpeg round a nicely surfaced roundabout or feeling the back tyre struggle for grip as you crack open the throttle after a low geared corner.

As you say, Thailand isn't a good country for fast riding, but having a bike will always be more fun than not having one.

You are quite right about the fast riding but I figured that out long ago. Dirt, sand, rocks, dogs, chickens and people seem to abound. Killed a couple of chickens in my slow riding. lol I figure the locals will have chicken for supper.

Never had anything but fun. And in my 112,000+ km of riding, 1 minor accident that was my own fault. Got up, straightened things a bit and rode on. HINT: Don't ride with a vengeance.

• Like 1

I notice you're in Isaan, did the whole of Isaan a few times by bike, and it is a different ride from my area. I live in Pattaya and wouldn't even think about taking the bike for a ride here.

Whenever I ride I go way out of Pattaya, and even when I come back from a 2 -3000 km relaxed trip, a soon as I come with 26 km of Pattaya the sweat will be in my hands.

I have a thread here somewhere about my latest experience taking the bike out to Chonburi, I have had several similar before and since.

I have ridden in BKK, Pattaya and many other populated areas. I absolutely hate driving a car in BKK but on the bike I don't mind it so much except at a lot of stop lights. HD's get really hot.

I used to live in Malaysia. I absolutely hated it there. I used to drive up to Thailand al lot. At the border I got more relaxed. At Phattalung, I was finally relaxed. I'll leave it up to you to figure out why. It is all a frame of mind.

I don't know what bike you ride but I ride a HD Road King. Not a really maneuverable bike in the city but I don't have a problem. All about the frame of mind.

• Like 1

op advice for you:

if you are that scared from soi dogs, better quit riding your honda wave.

or if you dont like some people here then quit writing here too. you were mentioning another forum, maybe you go write there.

i really dont understand people like you maybe that is why i am riding just to be away from guys like you.

so stop bitc.ing and moaning and decide what you will do.

Edited by ll2

op advice for you:

if you are that scared from soi dogs, better quit riding your honda wave.

or if you dont like some people here then quit writing here too. you were mentioning another forum, maybe you go write there.

i really dont understand people like you maybe that is why i am riding just to be away from guys like you.

so stop bitc.ing and moaning and decide what you will do.

I don't think he said he was scared of Soi dogs, more irritated by their continual and pointless yapping.

i think he was and allan, are you the advocate of the OP?

Let him answer. it is like him sh.tting around and never turning back again to clean and you like to clean it?

And who decides the continual/pointless yapping, you? So it is like you dont like or agree on what someone says and it is pointless and continual yapping for you? c'mon! dont be funny guys.

classification of people as dogs are good for you Allan? Is it a good point for you?

in other words, sorry state of human being!

Edited by ll2

I agree with the OP but i don't really like the term "soi dog" in relation to forum members. Imo we should stick to the term trolling. Everybody knows what trolling means. Calling others dogs is just another offense without adding anything more descriptive. "Acting like a pack of trolls" imo thats what it is, sometimes.

• Like 2

I agree with the OP but i don't really like the term "soi dog" in relation to forum members. Imo we should stick to the term trolling. Everybody knows what trolling means. Calling others dogs is just another offense without adding anything more descriptive. "Acting like a pack of trolls" imo thats what it is, sometimes.

some common sense. thanks for understanding wantan.

also some comment might sounds like trolling for you but for others might not.

We have to differentiate the clash of ideas with trolling.

Will the Soi Dog MC gang be at Bike week Phuket this year ?,I havnt seen their patch before .

I am waiting too. Maybe a suggestion ...

A puckered brown ring, surrounded by hair. with the top rocker saying Bow and the bottom rocker Wow

Will the Soi Dog MC gang be at Bike week Phuket this year ?,I havnt seen their patch before .

I am waiting too. Maybe a suggestion ...

A puckered brown ring, surrounded by hair. with the top rocker saying Bow and the bottom rocker Wow

you can setup Soi Dog MC club and be the first puppy dog president of it.

what are you waiting for?

Edited by ll2

^

Some squid qualifications- I'm guilty of a couple:

Your street bike is safety wired.

You ever split lanes with traffic where it wasn't legal to do so.

You ever took off so quick that your passenger rolled off the back!

You rode fast in a hard rain.

You use fuel additives or octane boosters in your street bike.

_________________________________________________________________________________

Guilty !!