Peaches, daughter of musician Bob Geldolf, died at age 25

webfact

Peaches, daughter of musician Bob Geldolf, died at age 25

TV presenter Peaches Geldof, second daughter of musician Bob Geldof and Paula Yates, has died aged 25, leaving a husband and two sons.

"We are beyond pain," said her father, confirming her death. "She was the wildest, funniest, cleverest, wittiest and the most bonkers of all of us."

"What a beautiful child. How is this possible that we will not see her again? How is that bearable?" Police say the death is currently being treated as "unexplained and sudden"

Read more : Peaches Geldof: writer and TV presenter dies aged 25

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-04-08

A very sad event for a very unhappy family -- but, really, what sort of father would publicly describe his recently deceased daughter as "bonkers"?

Someone who had a daughter who was 'bonkers' - it is simply a characteristic of her personality, nothing wrong with that!!

• Like 2

I know nothing of Mr. Geldof's kids, but I know what he himself has done and tried to do to help people in this world and he is a really good man, so I feel deeply for him and his family at this time of mourning. It's always sad when bad things happen to good people.

Unfortunately, he was adept at personal aggrandizement. His contributions are not as significant as he made them out to be. I do not believe he was a "good" man. He was an opportunist and he has been roundly criticized for it too. His daughter Peaches did not accomplish anything of substance in life, but is lauded as a TV presenter. Nice. She makes the news because she too was good at personal PR like her father. Last week, a public health service nurse died while caring for victims of the latest African Ebola outbreak. She didn't rate the news release despite doing more for humanity than Peaches.

Yes, it is sad that someone has died. However, she makes the news because of the cult of celebrity not because of her contribution to society.

We do not normally share the same point of view so it makes a change for me to say that you raise several valid points here.

Once the Boomtown Rats were disappearing into oblivion after their brief period of pop fame he seemed to keep his own personal light shining off the back of this.

I am not saying that he did not have good intentions in what he did but he did seem to gain personally from it when his career was on the wane.

• Like 1

I think like everybody else, the families "substance Abuse" problem.

But

Officers found 'no hard drugs, no suicide note, no visible signs of injury', it has been claimed

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2599052/Bob-Geldof-tribute-daughter-Peaches-dead.html#ixzz2yHEsSPrd

So let's wait for the official inquest findings

Edited by Basil B

It happened yesterday. It brings a whole new meaning to the Boomtown Rats smash hit "I hate Mondays", i imagine the lyrics will play round and round Bobs head for the remainder of his days.

I have to say along with Sichonsteve, I agree with GK 100%. It is sad, she was young, but so were many people that died yesterday and Bob Geldof was simply an opportunist and to be honest a nobody. He contributed almost nothing to the music industry and stole the limelight by jumping in front of everyone to lead the 'feed the world' campaign, much of the money and aid never getting to where it was supposed to. He is the same as Bono and Sting, accomplished in the art of personal aggrandizement and not much more (it could be argued that Sting and the Police made a contribution to music). These people belong to a long list of celebrity A list folks who have in fact done nothing other than be created by the media, and we have an urge to follow them and worship them.

RIP all the young pretty women who died yesterday leaving behind loving families.

• Like 2

A father lost a daughter.

A husband lost a wife.

The children have lost a mother.

What a bunch of narky negative comments.

RIP

Are you implying that she is more special than someone dying at 25 with 2 children in Sudan?

I think you are!!

It is happening all the time all over the world - the only difference being that their father is not famous.

Edited by SICHONSTEVE
  • Like 2

A very sad event for a very unhappy family -- but, really, what sort of father would publicly describe his recently deceased daughter as "bonkers"?

Someone who had a daughter who was 'bonkers' - it is simply a characteristic of her personality, nothing wrong with that!!

Nothing wrong, maybe -- but if my daughter were to die unexpectedly, I doubt that my first reaction would be to go round declaring to the world that I thought she was insane.

Geldof obviously sees it differently.

Nothing wrong, maybe -- but if my daughter were to die unexpectedly, I doubt that my first reaction would be to go round declaring to the world that I thought she was insane.

Geldof obviously sees it differently.

I think that bonkers means acting in a zany fashion and out-going in this instance, not insane as you put it!!

It is obviously the playful and affectionate way in which he remembers her by.

I think like everybody else, the families "substance Abuse" problem.

But

Officers found 'no hard drugs, no suicide note, no visible signs of injury', it has been claimed

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2599052/Bob-Geldof-tribute-daughter-Peaches-dead.html#ixzz2yHEsSPrd

So let's wait for the official inquest findings

Who needs an official inquest.

This is Thai Visa and it will be solved on here long before any official inquest knows what happened whistling.gif

I know nothing of Mr. Geldof's kids, but I know what he himself has done and tried to do to help people in this world and he is a really good man, so I feel deeply for him and his family at this time of mourning. It's always sad when bad things happen to good people.

Unfortunately, he was adept at personal aggrandizement. His contributions are not as significant as he made them out to be. I do not believe he was a "good" man. He was an opportunist and he has been roundly criticized for it too. His daughter Peaches did not accomplish anything of substance in life, but is lauded as a TV presenter. Nice. She makes the news because she too was good at personal PR like her father. Last week, a public health service nurse died while caring for victims of the latest African Ebola outbreak. She didn't rate the news release despite doing more for humanity than Peaches.

Yes, it is sad that someone has died. However, she makes the news because of the cult of celebrity not because of her contribution to society.

The usual negative <deleted> from 'Mr life-of-the party'.

She is being remembered because of her parents and particularly Bob. Health workers worldwide don't make the news because of lack of interest by readers.

Bob Geldof's contribution to music and starvation abatement is well recognised and he certainly has an awful lot more good in him than TV naysayers.

She is a loss to her family and my thoughts are with them. RIP Peaches.

• Like 1

Geriatric Kid is right regarding celebrity superficiality yet I've always had a soft spot for Bob after seeing him on Parkinson, years ago. Articulate, I remember when he mentioned how the death of Lennon had a profound effect on people of his and my generation, it did really mean the end of a dream, an era. He was perceptive about rock music though his own band was crap frankly.

How an intelligent man ended up married to the celebrity obsessed Paula Yates has always puzzled me, but there you go.

But to lose an ex wife to suicide and then a daughter at 25 is a terrible thing for anyone to bear,so my heart goes out to him.

She is being remembered because of her parents and particularly Bob. Health workers worldwide don't make the news because of lack of interest by readers.

Bob Geldof's contribution to music and starvation abatement is well recognised and he certainly has an awful lot more good in him than TV naysayers.

Yep, sounds like a bunch of bitter, jealous bs that says more about the utterer to focus on such perceived negativity during a sad incident and use daughter's death as opportunity to bash father.

. . . and since women are dying in Sudan no one should make a big deal about this girl's death . . . C'mon. Don't be ridiculous. I am sure her family would gladly trade the publicity surrounding her death for getting their daughter back. Just more bitter, jealousy driven drivel.

. . . and to nit pick his choice of words used to describe his daughter during a time if extreme emotional grief? Doubt he had a speech for it written in advance. I read those words as terms of endearment. Some of the people I love the most in this world are completely bonkers, but in a good way.

Edited by F430murci

Geriatric Kid is right regarding celebrity superficiality yet I've always had a soft spot for Bob after seeing him on Parkinson, years ago. Articulate, I remember when he mentioned how the death of Lennon had a profound effect on people of his and my generation, it did really mean the end of a dream, an era. He was perceptive about rock music though his own band was crap frankly.

How an intelligent man ended up married to the celebrity obsessed Paula Yates has always puzzled me, but there you go.

But to lose an ex wife to suicide and then a daughter at 25 is a terrible thing for anyone to bear,so my heart goes out to him.

If you had met them both, you would wonder what a nice girl like PY was doing married to a smelly drunk like BG.

Yes, PY was a gold-digger, but she had to work hard for the money.

Sad that Peaches died at 25, sad that anyone should die so young.

Do wonder how the reports can claim her death not suspicious, not normal for someone to die age 25.

So if not suspicious was it accident or OD?

PS

Wonder how much of his own money BG gave away to blah Aid?

Seeing as he's worth about 100 Million GBP (from Planet 24 and Survivor)

Edited by BritManToo

Yep, sounds like a bunch of bitter, jealous bs that says more about the utterer to focus on such perceived negativity during a sad incident and use daughter's death as opportunity to bash father.

. . . and since women are dying in Sudan no one should make a big deal about this girl's death . . . C'mon. Don't be ridiculous. I am sure her family would gladly trade the publicity surrounding her death for getting their daughter back. Just more bitter, jealousy driven drivel.

So you are saying everyone should feel more empathy to her parent(s) because she is "famous".

Why should there be more of a big deal made about this girl's death than the women dying in Sudan that you brought up?

So you are saying everyone should feel more empathy to her parent(s) because she is "famous".

Why should there be more of a big deal made about this girl's death than the women dying in Sudan that you brought up?

C'mon. For whatever reason, some people in the public feel connections with people thrust into the public limelight. Why should anyone make a big deal about the death of any star, a president or even Princess Di? Just the nature of the beast I suppose to care more about the death of someone with whom they may have felt a connection than with someone they have never seen nor heard of. Human nature I suppose. No reason to be critical of that or their feelings. Not a right or wrong issue.

I don't know her, but I can relate on a level of how unimaginably painful it may be to lose a daughter. Sad situation, whether drug related or not. No need to use the poor guy's daughter's death as opportunity to take pot shots at him.

Edited by F430murci
  • Like 1

C'mon. For whatever reason, some people in the public feel connections with people thrust into the public limelight. Why should anyone make a big deal about the death of any star, a president or even Princess Di? Just the nature of the beast I suppose to care more about the death of someone with whom they may have felt a connection than with someone they have never seen nor heard of. Human nature I suppose. No reason to be critical of that or their feelings. Not a right or wrong issue.

I don't know her, but I can relate on a level of how unimaginably painful it may be to lose a daughter. Sad situation, whether drug related or not. No need to use the poor guy's daughter's death as opportunity to take pot shots at him.

A fair, valid and compassionate point, but isn't that the nature of the beast when it comes to celebrity and the price you pay for celebrity?

Edited by GentlemanJim

A husband lost a wife.

RIP

Are you implying that she is more special than someone dying at 25 with 2 children in Sudan?

I think you are!!

It is happening all the time all over the world - the only difference being that their father is not famous.

So we should all sit in silence because it is a common occurrence? It sounds like you're implying she doesn't deserve any respect because she was known. If we harped on about the death of every single human, would it not get a bit tedious and dull, sort of like some of the oddball comments on here?

Oh, and while Bob's not my favorite cup of tea, he's certainly done more for the world than a lot of you passive heroes will ever achieve, however contrived it may appear.

What a happy bunch.

• Like 1

A husband lost a wife.

RIP

I think you are!!

So we should all sit in silence because it is a common occurrence? It sounds like you're implying she doesn't deserve any respect because she was known. If we harped on about the death of every single human, would it not get a bit tedious and dull, sort of like some of the oddball comments on here?

Oh, and while Bob's not my favorite cup of tea, he's certainly done more for the world than a lot of you passive heroes will ever achieve, however contrived it may appear.

What a happy bunch.

I am not saying that she doesn't deserve respect - she just doesn't deserve any more respect than anyone else, as we are all human beings.

Being a partying socialite she has almost certainly done less for others (in a charitable way) than most human beings on this planet!!

If she did do charitable work then it is probably for self promotion - I could be wrong, but would need to be persuaded otherwise.