Motorbike rental passport leads to Phuket arrest of Spanish nunchuk mugger

webfact

If I read this right, the rental shop should be nicked for holding passports, or has that stuff now been swept under the carpet.

Why, by which law is that not allowed?

International law, for one. It is written in the passport that it remains the property of the issuing government and must only be passed to an unauthorised person......plus the law of stupidity says never hand over your passport for a rental agreement. coffee1.gif on another note....what is Spanish for Som Nom Nar?giggle.gif

Yup!

He complied and only handed it to an UNAUTHORISED person!

of course we know what you meant. biggrin.pngbiggrin.png

Any guesses on how much time in the clink this moron will get, or just deportation? Big fine?

He's a pretty big guy and all that, but if that clown approached me at an ATM and told me to hand over money and my phone, etc......based on showing me a set of nunchuks, I'd probably laugh my arse off and say "what, are you freaking kidding me?"

Well I wouldn't,, Nunchuka's can deliver huge impact and easily smash any bone in your body including your skull. So, laughing your arse off might be short lived.

Smart person would just hand over the cash and laugh about it the next day.

Glad they got him,, i suspect he will just be deported back to Spain. Cant see them locking him up for any length of time unless of course he has been in trouble here before.

Any guesses on how much time in the clink this moron will get, or just deportation? Big fine?

He's a pretty big guy and all that, but if that clown approached me at an ATM and told me to hand over money and my phone, etc......based on showing me a set of nunchuks, I'd probably laugh my arse off and say "what, are you freaking kidding me?"

yeah, sure you would. sure you would.

This thug is on Facebook as Mario Tovar Ferras. He claims to be a bar tender at Jamie Olivers Fifteen restaurant in London and he fights Muay Thai at Tiger Muay Thai and MMA Training Camp in Phuket. I'm sure they are very proud of him, LOL.

Scum like this deserves to be named and shamed.

Looks like Lee Aldhouse will have a new sparring partner.

Pretty soon, the biggest Muay Thai Camp for foreigners on Phuket will be inside Phuket Prison. laugh.png

I have no issue with that.

"Motorbike rental passport leads to Phuket arrest of Spanish nunchuk mugger"

I somehow think if I shared this headline with friends back home they wouldn't have a clue what it means.... I've been in this part of the world too long sad.png

• Like 1

hahahhaha, ROFL!!! what a 24 karat Idiot. What was he thinking?? Go home you bum!! it amazes me that people would do absolutely anything to stay in Thailand, well he will enjoy the rest of his stay shacking up with 30 of Thailands finest crammed into a 10 by 10 cell.

Serves you right or Som nam Na!!

Everyone hands over their passport when they check-in to their accommodation. It's usually photocopied and returned to you, while you are given your room key.

You could easily do more than 50,000 baht damage to a reasonable hotel room, but hotels don't keep possession of your passport.

It's common with the motorbike renters to keep your passport, despite paying up front, so you can be scammed - simple as that.

Yes you are correct..hotels (under thai law)are obliged to take a photo copy of your passport/visa and then hand it back to you.They also swipe your bank card when you check in just in case you do decide to do a Pete Townsend and smash the place to bits or drink the bar fridge dry!Surely you know that Nam?

Sergey has the finger points down - his girlfriend has the thumbs up down - hope they got some money back... but got the iphone...yah late night ATM and nunchucks - I would have asked the guy to swing them a couple of times first to see if maybe he would bonk himself in the haid.. then run maybe if not... 5 5 5...

renting a bike for a month requires leaving your passport at the company? I would think only a copy is enough...butSergy did good - loks like all this spanishrusskie had to do was show the nunchuks as Sergey looks like a computer nerd but what teh heck - glad he got his stuff back 5 5

sorry spanish mugger ... and yes nunchucks can be lethal... glad they are ok and dumbo spanish Muay Thai tough guy hold up artist got caught...couple of nunchucks short of a full Bruce Lee movie inventory in the brains dept.... and robbery at night is also worse that robbery in the daylight here... not sure how much worse but it is

What is with the finger pointing. I have to assume these tourists were coached by the newspaper photographer - too funny.

The Thai's aren't the only ones that point their fingers at the culprits. Here's the McAllen Texas Police pointing at recovered fake credit cards at the border.

post-109427-0-29666200-1396962292_thumb.

If I read this right, the rental shop should be nicked for holding passports, or has that stuff now been swept under the carpet.

Why, by which law is that not allowed?

International law, for one. It is written in the passport that it remains the property of the issuing government and must only be passed to an unauthorised person......plus the law of stupidity says never hand over your passport for a rental agreement. coffee1.gif on another note....what is Spanish for Som Nom Nar?giggle.gif

Think you mean "and must NEVER be passed to an unauthorised person......"

Or maybe, "must only be passed to an authorised person"

Do the local police check with the suspect's home country Police to see if there are any outstanding charges or warrants ? It would be surprising if Thailand is always the place that such people begin their unpleasent activities.

Can you please stop calling him a Spaniard , if you check his FB pages he is originally from Colombia, not Spain....

Maybe that explains his behavour...

Edited by balo