Renewal of passport.. How do you show proof of your address when you don't have any they ask for ?.

Have to Renew my passport in Bangkok and they say show supporting evidence of proof of your address.. There is not one thing on the list that I have.. All I have as proof is my True vision bill and insurance for car..

Will that be ok??

Just went yesterday and they didn't ask for any proof of address. I gave a copy of my Thai driving license but they did not seem to register that and did not ask me to sign it either (they DID ask me to sign the copies of every page of my passport!)

I have a marriage visa to stay in Thailand so perhaps that was sufficient, I don't know. Can't for the life of me understand why they need a proof of address anyway, when they send the new passport back to the same frikking office in Bangkok and not to your home.

By the way expect the usual Thai beaureaucratic chaos - this new office is run by a bunch of headless chickens and nobody there has a clue what they are doing.

• Like 1

Just went yesterday and they didn't ask for any proof of address. I gave a copy of my Thai driving license but they did not seem to register that and did not ask me to sign it either (they DID ask me to sign the copies of every page of my passport!)

I have a marriage visa to stay in Thailand so perhaps that was sufficient, I don't know. Can't for the life of me understand why they need a proof of address anyway, when they send the new passport back to the same frikking office in Bangkok and not to your home.

By the way expect the usual Thai beaureaucratic chaos - this new office is run by a bunch of headless chickens and nobody there has a clue what they are doing.

On the web site they state that the proof of address must not be more than one year old,i have a yellow book will that do? but its more than one year old.If you get a residence certificate from immigration who does the translation ( i live way out in the sticks).Does this office supply you with a letter confirming the validity of the passport as required by immigration? Thanks in advance for any info,you've been through the mangle gutterboy tell me about it.

I just went to my local ampur office , government building and had them provide a letter stating that I lived in their area . Then had them stamp it with the government stamp . That worked for my renewal . The UK has changed the rules a lot . But this is how I provided the paper they needed for proof of residence. No translation was needed as I helped them with the letter.

I renewed my Aussie passport in January, I used my Aussie driver licence as proof of address (even though I haven't lived at that address for over 4 years and they were fine with that.

My problem will come in August when I try to renew the driver licence (which can also be done from LOS) but they won't post the new one via registered post, last time I had 3 go missing in the Thai postal system before I got the 4th one sent to my son and a Thai friend travelling there picked it up for me.

I renewed my Aussie passport in January, I used my Aussie driver licence as proof of address (even though I haven't lived at that address for over 4 years and they were fine with that.

My problem will come in August when I try to renew the driver licence (which can also be done from LOS) but they won't post the new one via registered post, last time I had 3 go missing in the Thai postal system before I got the 4th one sent to my son and a Thai friend travelling there picked it up for me.

Out of curiosity, how did you renew driver licence without being there in person? Mine is due next year, I'm hoping they'll let me renew a few months early when we are there because VicRoads have the camera waiting for you to smile (or not).

Husband has the the old green UK licence and I have the pink EU (changed my name when we got married so mine's newer) licence (remember them?), issued in early and mid 1980's. We never told Swansea that we were emigrating, but still have mother-in-law's address on a few official things. Every time we go back to England we say we'll get the new photo licence, but not sure if it will be a problem as we didn't notify them (I know we were supposed to, just didn't get around to it). We don't really need them at this stage, so it gets put in the too hard basket and forgotten about until we get back to England and I see the old ones in a drawer. Aussie licence does us for the short times we are there, but perhaps a problem if in the unlikely event we go back long term.

Anyone have any experience with this?

Out of curiosity, how did you renew driver licence without being there in person? Mine is due next year, I'm hoping they'll let me renew a few months early when we are there because VicRoads have the camera waiting for you to smile (or not).

Hmmm, I just went to the (NSW) website for a quick look, the process is not immediately obvious any more - looks like I will have to dig a bit deeper on that one before August myself.

It does say that if you have moved overseas permanently, you are not eligible for a licence. I am not sure how they determine if you ever plan to go back at any time, ever, like .... maybe one day .......

I am not sure what they want to get a UK passport.

What some people are doing is getting a residence certificate from immigration and then having it translated to English.

I went to my local sessaban and they have the records of residents there and they stamped the relevant section and it was freewai.gif

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I am not sure what they want to get a UK passport.

What some people are doing is getting a residence certificate from immigration and then having it translated to English.

I went to my local sessaban and they have the records of residents there and they stamped the relevant section and it was freewai.gif alt=wai.gif>

What is a "sessaban" and how does one get recorded as a resident ?