deleted

Robby nz

^ So F U on its own (no space) is censored? What's the reasoning behind that?

Rhetorical question? Urban Dictionary

The word "f u" isn't a profanity, unless you specifically phrase it as such. Anyone who wants to do that can get around it very easily by writing F.U., F U or any number of mis-spellings of the words themselves. Censoring the 2 letters put together prevents people from talking about Kung <deleted>, anyone with the common Chinese surname <deleted> (e.g. snooker player Marco <deleted>, and probably many others), any Chinese restaurants with <deleted> in their name, the Thai dish yam pla duuk <deleted>....

Seems like this hasn't really been thought out, hence the initial censoring of the 2 letters together in any occurrence in a word being deployed to the live site. I'd consider dropping this censoring.

I'll try a test as I'm bored as hell and all the Songkran two-week millionaires have made it impossible to enjoy a quiet beer and a game of pool at my local.

Funk - a kind of music back in the 80's

Curt - speaking sharply to someone

Cuts - what a knife does

<deleted> - the only swear word my mother knew

Ironically, the only word deleted was the word "dam" with a "n" on the end. How <deleted> conservative is that?!

Actually that word has been on the list for ages.

It is now going to be removed shortly.

• Like 1

^ Good idea, was certainly overkill to have that word on the list, as it is to be censoring the word hel_l (let's see if it still is being censored - hell), and of course F U should is probably best removed as discussed above.

Edit: OK we can say hell now - that's sensible.

Edited by dantilley

As an adult, I feel it would be good if I could choose whether or not I want to turn this profanity filter off.

Could you make that possible?

I could be wrong, but I think this could not be possible as it would contradict TV Rule #8

8) Do not post disruptive or inflammatory messages, vulgarities, obscenities or profanities or to incite useless arguments by avoiding troll activity.

Link: http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/index.php?app=forums&module=extras&section=boardrules