Hunter shot dead in Phuket jungle

webfact

Hunter shot dead in Phuket jungle
Eakkapop Thongtub

PHUKET: Thalang police are investigating the case of a man found shot dead in the jungle at Bang Nam Yen mountain, while out hunting with two friends last night (April 9).

At the scene, behind the Pa Klongcheep shooting range, police found Wisoot Ponsane, aged 46, with a bullet wound to his head.

Police said that from their investigations so far, they believe Mr Wisoot was out hunting with his friends Nares Klintrai, 32, and Jaras Raksasang, 36.

Police do not believe Mr Wisoot accidentally shot himself, so are continuing their investigation to find out what happened. The guns of Mr Nares and Mr Jaras have been taken to the police station to check for gun shot residue.

Mr Wisoot was carrying a .22 caliber gun, with Mr Nares walking behind him. There was a gunshot sound, and Mr Wisoot fell down to the ground.

His two companions telephoned for help but due to the remote location, Mr Wisoot died before he could get to hospital.

His body was taken to Thalang Hospital for an autopsy.

Source: http://www.thephuketnews.com/hunter-shot-dead-in-phuket-jungle-45624.php

tpn.jpg
-- Phuket News 2014-04-10

Mr Wisoot was carrying a .22 caliber gun, with Mr Nares walking behind him.

Unusual to go hunting with a handgun.

If the bullet entered from the back of the head.......definitely suicide.

Who mentioned a handgun? But even so, it is not unusual to go hunting with a handgun. I have done so many times myself.

Why is an autopsy required, I think the cause of death is quite clear.

In Thailand, they actually have to perform an autopsy so they really do know you are dead.

Can't speak for any other country, but in America, anyone who dies outside of a hospital is usually autopsied.

In Thailand, they actually have to perform an autopsy so they really do know you are dead.

And if the patient wasn't dead prior to the autopsy, then they certainly would afterwards!!

Anyway....they perform an autopsy on a body even if it falls, is pushed, thrown or sometimes even jumps, from an apartment tower.....

Can't speak for any other country, but in America, anyone who dies outside of a hospital is usually autopsied.

I believe if a doctor issues a death certificate, that does away with the need for an autopsy.

Mr Wisoot was carrying a .22 caliber gun, with Mr Nares walking behind him.

Unusual to go hunting with a handgun.

If the bullet entered from the back of the head.......definitely suicide.

Where does it say it was a hand gun?

As they do in most countries. Is the rumour that you had an autopsy performed on yourself true? You post as though it is.

As they do in most countries. Is the rumour that you had an autopsy performed on yourself true? You post as though it is.

It takes one to know one. biggrin.png