Domino's Pizza Opened on 3rd Road

marinediscoking

They are just South of Center Rd. on 3rd road where the barricades go down the middle of the road, you can't miss it. Seems they use the same prices as in Bangkok which is a bit expensive. Usually they give you 2 pizzas for the price of one for dine in, someone will have to confirm this though.

post-72597-0-14768600-1397249892_thumb.j

post-72597-0-52336200-1397249919_thumb.j

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Domino's in Bali does buy one get one free on Tuesdays quite good quality, Domino's in Malaysia gives you loads of coupons and the pizza's are good, different from the Bali ones but very good. Be interesting to see how the Pattaya ones compare.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Never ceases to amaze me how different our tastes are. I see some comments above that trash Domino's, and others that see this as "good news". No right or wrong on taste, guys; so don't make a fool of yourself by dissing people who's food preferences differ from your own.

As for me, back in California, I preferred Domino's to Pizza Hut. I wouldn't eat Shakey's at all. My favorite of the franchise pizzas was Round Table. (I don't think they were national.)

In any case, put me among those who will look forward to trying a pie from this new Pattaya Domino's, and hoping that it's as good as the USA product.

OMG...Round Table was/is my fav of the chains in the States too, especially like 30 years ago when it was just a local California thing. I loved their dough, which had a gritty texture almost, like there was some cornmeal in it or something. Also great names like the King Arthur's and Guenivere's Delight. Sometimes I miss Calif so much!
  • Like 1

99B for a small pepperoni pizza, if it tastes like the Dominos back in Europe i'm all in if I ever want to get some junk food thumbsup.gif

Why do you refer to it as junk food?

I consider junk food to be crisps/potato chips, cakes, sweets/chocolates, mostly what you would buy to eat in a 7/11.

Pizzas, on the other hand are one of the American & Italian staple foods.

• Like 1

99B for a small pepperoni pizza, if it tastes like the Dominos back in Europe i'm all in if I ever want to get some junk food thumbsup.gif

I consider junk food to be crisps/potato chips, cakes, sweets/chocolates, mostly what you would buy to eat in a 7/11.

I think pizza can be and often is junk food depending on the ingredients. Like if it's packed with too much sugar, salt, transfats, processed food toppings, it kind of qualifies. A traditional Italian pizza made with real food ingredients wouldn't be junk food.

• Like 1

I think pizza can be and often is junk food depending on the ingredients. Like if it's packed with too much sugar, salt, transfats, processed food toppings, it kind of qualifies. A traditional Italian pizza made with real food ingredients wouldn't be junk food.

Salt & sugar is part of the ingrediants to making dough, even if it's Italian pizza.

Salt & sugar is part of the ingrediants to making dough, even if it's Italian pizza.

Yes of course. Did you miss the TOO MUCH part. I think if you did some research on the crappy ingredients in chain pizza recipes you might start to understand.

Because it's Dominos, mcdonalds of pizza we are talking about not homemade traditional Italian Pizza.

I tried the domino's in Bangkok twice from the Suk. store near Nana, first was bland second time was completely different and very good. The first time they gave a thin crust the second time was a classic hand tossed both peperoni.

I remember Domino's was very good in Bangkok back in the Mid 90's before they all closed from the Asian financial crisis.

I still think for Pattaya NY pizza house is the best for an amerian style pizza.

• Like 1

I tried the domino's in Bangkok twice from the Suk. store near Nana, first was bland second time was completely different and very good. The first time they gave a thin crust the second time was a classic hand tossed both peperoni.

I remember Domino's was very good in Bangkok back in the Mid 90's before they all closed from the Asian financial crisis.

I still think for Pattaya NY pizza house is the best for an amerian style pizza.

Thumbs-up for NY-P...I'll be ordering plenty for delivery this Songkran week!

Because it's Dominos, mcdonalds of pizza we are talking about not homemade traditional Italian Pizza.

There is plenty of crappy, homemade, traditional, Italian Pizza all over Thailand. A Dominoes pizza in USA is much better than anything that you can get here, but Dominoes Thailand does not sound like they are up to snuff.

Can someone explain to me how they can justify charging 99 baht for a 7 inch pizza, but 325 baht for a 9 inch? The surface area of the 9 inch is less than double and yet the price is more than trebled.

The have a big sign out BUY 1 GET ONE FREE... I don't know if this is an opening promotion... will check it out tomorrow.

Also, if it's the same concept as in Australia then only the classic crust is made fresh. The thin crust comes pre-made, not too sure about deep pan crust.

• Like 1

The buy one get one free is valid for med. and large sizes until the end of this month to go or dine in. I had two mediums hand tossed that I took to go but unfortunately they were dry and burnt, so it was not not good at all. I would have returned them but I was already home by the time I realized it. I don't understand how they could box them like that as some of the staff are experienced from Bangkok to help with the opening. They said they are company owned and not franchised to individual owners like subway. They were very busy with to go orders I noticed while I was waiting.

So since Domino's has returned to Thailand I have had 2 very bad pizzas and one good one. Seems they need to improve their quality control.

post-72597-0-63036700-1397342679_thumb.j

Edited by marinediscoking
  • Like 1

The buy one get one free is valid for med. and large sizes until the end of this month to go or dine in. I had two mediums hand tossed that I took to go but unfortunately they were dry and burnt, so it was not not good at all. I would have returned them but I was already home by the time I realized it. I don't understand how they could box them like that as some of the staff are experienced from Bangkok to help with the opening. They said they are company owned and not franchised to individual owners like subway. They were very busy with to go orders I noticed while I was waiting.

So since Domino's has returned to Thailand I have had 2 very bad pizzas and one good one. Seems they need to improve their quality control.

Not that it makes much difference but I'm sure what they mean is one of the large Thai food service companies, like Central Foods, has obtained the master franchise for Thailand from Dominos USA (or whoever ownes Dominos) and not that the parent Dominos company is actually operating the Thai stores.