Observations you can't get your head around

JesseFrank

Perhaps the pick-up was the car in front, and that's why he was having mechanical difficulties.

Why bother putting a twig in front of the object to warn people, when you can just leave the object there to warn them about it.

You need to start thinking like a local mate.

He was driving along and saw the car broken down.

As he passed by, he saw a can, near the rear of the car, a little bit close to the lane road marking.

He tut tutted and decided that this can of petrol could be a potential disaster zone.

He then went home and embellished his story on Thai Visa

• Like 2

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps the pick-up was the car in front, and that's why he was having mechanical difficulties.

Why bother putting a twig in front of the object to warn people, when you can just leave the object there to warn them about it.

As he passed by, he saw a can, near the rear of the car, a little bit close to the lane road marking.

He tut tutted and decided that this can of petrol could be a potential disaster zone.

Quick, zip up I Like Thai, your embellishment is showing.

There was no can near the rear of the pick up, close to the lane road marking. There was a can at the side of the pickup, in the middle of the driving lane.

Stop making up things to float your apologist boat.

As for your earlier remark, there was no car in front of me at that time, and since you like Thai so much, you should be aware that Thai drivers love to drive on the far right lane even on a empty higway, as that probably make them look important.

The can was seemingly hit a few times earlier already, as it didn't look very stable anymore when I passed the scene.

This is the land of smiles only if you smile.biggrin.png

Closing your eyes you mean.....acceptance.....hmmmm.....no matter where one is in the world......impossible some/many times....

I am retired in Thailand and have been for quite a few years. If I die tomorrow it will have been well worth the investment I have made in Thailand. I don't complain about anything. If a person jumps ahead of me at the store or while driving I don't mind. I have the time. I'm not in a hurry.

You complain a lot. You think a lot of things are wrong in Thailand. If instead of complaining and evaluating you got happy, smiled and had a positive outlook you would see a world of difference in your life.

But don't believe me. Age, of course does not bring wisdom.

Thailand is a lot better than many places.

Of course you know more than I. I don't work. I don't have to. I go to bed when I want and get up when I want and eat and drink what I want when I want. I do things that make me happy and give to people to see them smile.

So if I had crashed into another car, because someone had placed a paint tin for no reason in the middle of a highway, I should smile ?

No. You should smile because you didn't crash into another car.

thai bashing? well we are in thailand

when i'm back home no one's interested in thai bashing so we bash the idiots we see around us...

but you have to say thailand is a bit of a gold mine for bizarre, idiotic or downright dangerous behaviour wai2.gif

I know you do. And there are more of you at home. That's why they sell so many anti depressant pills at home and not so many here.

when i'm back home no one's interested in thai bashing so we bash the idiots we see around us...

but you have to say thailand is a bit of a gold mine for bizarre, idiotic or downright dangerous behaviour wai2.gif

I know you do. And there are more of you at home. That's why they sell so many anti depressant pills at home and not so many here.

I read in the news section that they just caught another one with 6 million " anti depressant" pills

• Like 1

I read in the news section that they just caught another one with 6 million " anti depressant" pills

You are just showing how uneducated you are. Ya Ba are not anti depressant pills. No market for them in Thailand.

They take anti depressant pills back in your home country not Thialand.

Edited by thailiketoo

You are just showing how uneducated you are. Ya Ba are not anti depressant pills. No market for them in Thailand.

You're right I don't have any knowledge about yaba and crystal meth, other than what I read on the forum and newspapers, maybe you have a lot of experience knowledge .coffee1.gif

You're right I don't have any knowledge about yaba and crystal meth, other than what I read on the forum and newspapers, maybe you have a lot of experience knowledge .coffee1.gif

Yes of course I do. I am a father and as such have kept abreast of the drug scene effecting young people.

10 years ago California was 10 times as bad as Thailand, now, Thailand has caught up. It doesn't take a brain trust to know the difference between club drugs and anti depressant pills that are necessary to take after listening to whinging people all day long. coffee1.gif

So your point that you are better than I because you are uniformed falls on deaf ears. Does the playing dumb and mocking smart people normally work for you?

@JesseFrank....looks like you have attracted posters that are as angry as if they have just been in an accident.......cheesy.gif

I love the tree branches they use....some use enough to completely camouflage the whole bloody area......

• Like 1

I saw, daily, a dog sleeping in the outside lane, on a curve, in front of an auto body shop. The owner never made any attempt to dissuade the practice.

One day, months later, I noticed the dog had been replaced.

By a two foot wide, fifty foot long, red stripe.

• Like 1

theres a program in england, cant remember the name of it, showing drivers doing stupid things in england,,,,,

not just in thailand mate, people do stupid things all over the world and say stupid things,

i was once driving with my ex wife in the car, (english ex wife) and there was a man in a field with a metal detector,

she said to me, hes never going to stim all that field, and thats true,

another time we were shoping for a new bed, went to this mrkt place in hemswell, i said to her bloody hell thats cheap for a 4,6INCH BED,

she said your 6ft

jake

and believe me them stories are true

"not just in thailand mate, people do stupid things all over the world and say stupid things"

Yes, but you SEE it for yourself ALL the time in Thailand. In a civilised country you usually see it only on the TV or read about it in the media, seldom see it anything like as often as you do in Thailand.

A Thai bashing thread? It must be any day of the week.

It starts off as simple Thai bashing but it can lead to more serious consequences. Mainly it effects the younger Thai Visa posters. As they start to rant against against Thais and other nationalities then religious practices and cultural traditions. Then fat people and in fact anyone who is not just like they think they are. But that's the key. Think they are. A look in the mirror. They are not who they thought they were and out the balcony they go. And everybody says pity he died so young. violin.gif

And to think all that begins with Thai bashing on TVF rolleyes.gif

Those youngsters must be an incredibly impressionable lot, eh biggrin.png

Edited by Dap

Not Thai bashing, passing comment on life here - truth is truth. Those of you who complain about people complaining, just move along and let those who wish to converse do so. OK ?wai2.gif

Every organization has rules Thai Visa has this one.

11) Do not post slurs, degrading or overly negative comments directed towards Thailand, specific locations, Thai institutions such as the judicial or law enforcement system, Thai culture, Thai people or any other group on the basis of race, nationality, religion, gender or sexual orientation.

Truth does not make any difference. Read the above. Does it say anything about true or false negative comments?

It says don't post slurs and degrading comments. It does not say don't post false slurs or false degrading comments.

I understand you don't like it. But we all follow rules. If you don't like the rules post in the support forum and ask that the rule be changed.

OKwai2.gif

I have also witnessed a good practise by truckers. They will place green branches on the road some 100 meters or so from their breakdown. Next time you witness this unsafe practise pull over at a safe distance well off the road and go and show the offending party the proper way to signal a breakdown with branches and the hood of the disabled vehicle up. Remove the offending and dangerous tin. Be sure Emergency Flashers are activated which I have seldom witnessed here. Buses do it regularly.

Who mentioned Thais?

1. The OP wrote, "Today I traveled over Highway #7 towards Pattaya. About 2 km before Pattaya there was a service pickup from a company with mechanical problems."

2. This is the general forum on ThaiVisa and if the thread is not Thai related it is removed.

Anything else?

If you were to enumerate all the smart moves that you saw done by Thais in one day,

And then enumerate all the stupid ones...

On which side would the scale lean...

If your scale leans on all the side of the smart moves, I would be happy to read about them...

Until then, this Thai bashing syndrome.... might just be a reason for it....

• Like 2

If you were to enumerate all the smart moves that you saw done by Thais in one day,

And then enumerate all the stupid ones...

On which side would the scale lean...

If your scale leans on all the side of the smart moves, I would be happy to read about them...

Until then, this Thai bashing syndrome.... might just be a reason for it....

Bumrungrad OK, have you read?

post-187908-0-38548900-1397563918_thumb.

last week whilst traveling from Trat to Chantaburi I observed a German Shepard driving a newish Isuzu pickup truck. I would have snapped a pic but it's illegal to use a phone whilst driving...

Try as I may, I just "can't get head around" that...

A Thai smile might mean many things, mate, and happiness is not necessarily one of them.

10 years ago California was 10 times as bad as Thailand, now, Thailand has caught up. It doesn't take a brain trust to know the difference between club drugs and anti depressant pills that are necessary to take after listening to whinging people all day long. coffee1.gif

So your point that you are better than I because you are uniformed falls on deaf ears. Does the playing dumb and mocking smart people normally work for you?

Whoa...don't see many with your attitude over here. In fact, you're the first since I left the States.

It seems in complete contradiction to Thai cultural norms.

Us falangs are used to guys like you back home but I am really curious how your behavior is received by Thais?

Do you find losing face like this harms your Thai relations?

Cheers

Edited by ClutchClark

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

Who mentioned Thais?

1. The OP wrote, "Today I traveled over Highway #7 towards Pattaya. About 2 km before Pattaya there was a service pickup from a company with mechanical problems."

2. This is the general forum on ThaiVisa and if the thread is not Thai related it is removed.

Anything else?

Thailand related....does not have to be about Thais....he did not state thais specifically.

I think you have issues.

• Like 2