Hezbollah members arrested in Thailand: report

webfact

Hezbollah members arrested in Thailand: report
The Daily Star

BEIRUT: A Hezbollah ring of three was arrested in Thailand, according to a report published by a specialized website in the country.

The Thai website dedicated to gathering intelligence reports identified the three arrested suspects as a Thai citizen, Y. Ayyad, who was described as a member of a foreign operations unit of Hezbollah working out of East Asia.

The other two suspects were identified as Lebanese nationals D. Farhat and B. Bahsoun.

Source: http://www.dailystar.com.lb/News/Lebanon-News/2014/Apr-14/253310-hezbollah-members-arrested-in-thailand-report.ashx

-- THE DAILY STAR 2014-04-14

• Like 1

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazes me how they arrest all these highly wanted people from other countries, but yet when it comes to their own or a tourist is in need they are deaf dumb and blind.

attachicon.gif910d8d4bc6f43afd8ace2ca753ef097c.png

Don't let the facts get in the way of a good rant:

identified the three arrested suspects as a Thai citizen, Y. Ayyad, who was described as a member of a foreign operations unit of Hezbollah working out of East Asia

• Like 2

Amazes me how they arrest all these highly wanted people from other countries, but yet when it comes to their own or a tourist is in need they are deaf dumb and blind.

identified the three arrested suspects as a Thai citizen, Y. Ayyad, who was described as a member of a foreign operations unit of Hezbollah working out of East Asia

Thai citizen doesn't make him one of their own.

True, not by birth it seems.

This is a much better story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-16543447

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said one man was being held over possible immigration offences.

"Technically the two men have not committed any crimes under the Thai law, so we could only use the immigration law to keep this one suspect in custody," he said.

The US embassy in Bangkok issued a warning on Friday that Americans should "exercise caution when visiting public areas where large groups of Western tourists gather".

It said they should "keep a low profile in public areas, particularly areas frequented by foreign tourists", without giving further details of the potential threat.

The Thai authorities had said there was no need for a general alert as it would "cause panic and affect our tourism".

• Like 1

I think all these arrests of foreigners, must come from tip offs...plus there's likely a bounty involved maybe.

But yes.....why can't they be so diligent with the locals??

Hezbollah Thai citizen! This is a good bust. How many more of them exist already in Thailand? A Thai web site dedicated to gathering intelligence. This is a big surprise and welcome news.

"A Thai website dedicated to gathering intelligence".... with no recruits so far!

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

attachicon.gif.pagespeed.ce.eFBhf2OPKe.g910d8d4bc6f43afd8ace2ca753ef097c.png

I think all these arrests of foreigners, must come from tip offs...plus there's likely a bounty involved maybe.

I guess by tip offs u mean other agency's ,if so U R right . Thai police , special branch plus secret service couldn't find a brothel in a desert.

• Like 1

Is it possible they were the 'welcoming committee' for the asylum seeking group of Middle East refugees?

Coordinators and/or organisers? Thailand is such a compassionate place... in need of boosting the actions of its own Southern gentlemen... (?)

<script type='text/javascript'>window.mod_pagespeed_start = Number(new Date());</script>

I guess by tip offs u mean other agency's ,if so U R right . Thai police , special branch plus secret service couldn't find a brothel in a desert.

I don't think i could either,who would open a brothel in a desert?

Are there many brothels in deserts?rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif .

Yes... Many! Worked in the Sahara for 6 years. Plenty of Camels and popular with the locals as it is not considered to be adultery.

• Like 1

True, not by birth it seems.

This is a much better story: http://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-16543447

Deputy Prime Minister Chalerm Yoobamrung said one man was being held over possible immigration offences.

"Technically the two men have not committed any crimes under the Thai law, so we could only use the immigration law to keep this one suspect in custody," he said.

The US embassy in Bangkok issued a warning on Friday that Americans should "exercise caution when visiting public areas where large groups of Western tourists gather".

It said they should "keep a low profile in public areas, particularly areas frequented by foreign tourists", without giving further details of the potential threat.

The Thai authorities had said there was no need for a general alert as it would "cause panic and affect our tourism".

Oh my goodness!!!! please do not shit your pants! Not here. facepalm.gif

This is the second time that Iranian sponsored foreign nationals have been located in Thailand. The first time Iranians actively taking part in acts of terror against the people and against Thai security forces. A small scale bomb factory was located.

This time, we have Hezboullah members located with a Thai national, one could speculate that mingling in such small groups that the Hezbollah members were providing support in the form of training. Hezbollah is directly funded by the Al Quds forces of Iran, and trained by them.

This leads to the suggestion that Iranian forces and proxy forces are actively supporting and promoting a religious war against Bhuddist Thailand. Would this not be an opportunity for smart Thai political figures to approach both "moderate" Islamic states, and particularly other Buddhist nations within the region and particularly within Asean, to provide training, assistance and smarts to resist. Countries like Indonesia have gone a long way in removing radicals from Java, the national army of the Philippines has had great success in backing some groups into submission - there are many more examples.

It is time for Thailand to communicate that their war is the regions war, and if the war is lost, the region will experience rapid change of which few will appreciate.

• Like 1

Can't find anything in the articles that would indicate any evil plans or illegal activities. Some indication that one of them has a problem with his immigration status? Apart from that, I find that the real financial backers of islamic terrorism continue shopping at Siam Paragon with impunity.

• Like 1

Are there many brothels in deserts?rolleyes.gifwhistling.gif .

Are there many Desserts in the brothels..

• Like 1

Off topic, but I have been in many deserts and never found a brothel in any.